Unreal line for check in at cabana bay sunday

Ok so, Cabana Bay is now out of the running for Spring Break. I knew they had 2200 rooms, but wow was that a long check in line.

It was like that when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, we got to the resort around noon and the lines weren't that long yet.

The entire lobby was full and spilled out past the food court.The pics dont really show just how bad it was. I was in hurry walking by and snapped them quickly.

It was like that almost every day 7/24 through 7/31. A few nights there were sizable lines at 11 pm,

If anyone is going, try to do mobile check-in (the email may be in your junk folder). You still may not get your room at check-in time (we got ours at 5:30), but at least you can skip this line.

We cancelled our CB reservation and rebooked for Hard Rock for only about $100 more per night. We were simply reading WAY too many horrific reviews of everything at the resort. Our vacation is much needed and no way are we willing to put up with massive lines for everything, dirtiness, trash in the hallways for days on end,, weed smoke seeping under our room door, and cigarette butts littered all over. It sounds like the management there needs an overhaul, seriously. These reports are ALL over and if was enough to make us say no way.

I used to love CB, but it's clearly no longer the same resort we stayed in years ago.

It was exactly like that when we checked in on a Sunday late afternoon in April. As long as the line was, it did move fairly quickly, maybe 30 mins or so.

It was like that almost every day 7/24 through 7/31. A few nights there were sizable lines at 11 pm,

If anyone is going, try to do mobile check-in (the email may be in your junk folder). You still may not get your room at check-in time (we got ours at 5:30), but at least you can skip this line.

Can you let me know how mobile checkin works? Do they send you an email when your room is ready? How do you get your keys and park passes? Is there a separate line to enter once you're gotten confirmation your room is ready? THANKS!

Idk about room ready, we arrived after 4 so room was ready. Mobile check in has a separate line. Park tickets should be at the vacation planning counter. We were at Sapphire, but I’m assuming all of Universal’s hotels operate the same.

Can you let me know how mobile checkin works? Do they send you an email when your room is ready? How do you get your keys and park passes? Is there a separate line to enter once you're gotten confirmation your room is ready? THANKS!
Sure! I got an email the day before check-in from Cabana Bay. It was hidden in my junk folder. Filled out the check in, and then went to the mobile check in line. (This line is to the right of the main desks running the check in, right next to luggage service.) There were only three groups in front, so we waited maybe 10 minutes. We went up to the desk, and the TM checked my ID, gave me the card keys (no room yet, just the cards), and pointed out some resort specifics (pool hours, parking l, etc). She took my phone number and I got a text welcoming me to the resort. A bit later I got a text that the room was ready, and the card keys were good to go! I didn’t have to go back to the desk or anything.

Sure! I got an email the day before check-in from Cabana Bay. It was hidden in my junk folder. Filled out the check in, and then went to the mobile check in line. (This line is to the right of the main desks running the check in, right next to luggage service.) There were only three groups in front, so we waited maybe 10 minutes. We went up to the desk, and the TM checked my ID, gave me the card keys (no room yet, just the cards), and pointed out some resort specifics (pool hours, parking l, etc). She took my phone number and I got a text welcoming me to the resort. A bit later I got a text that the room was ready, and the card keys were good to go! I didn’t have to go back to the desk or anything.

I didn't ask originally, but thank you, this is great info. We check in on Thursday and i was wondering how it all worked. Did they let you leave your luggage somewhere? We get in at 11:05a, so I'm thinking our room won't be ready.

I didn't ask originally, but thank you, this is great info. We check in on Thursday and i was wondering how it all worked. Did they let you leave your luggage somewhere? We get in at 11:05a, so I'm thinking our room won't be ready.
We drove, so we left our luggage in the car while we waited (which was about an hour and a half). But the TM did ask if we needed to store anything while we waited, and there were employees around taking suitcases into a back room. Sorry I can’t be of more help with this!

We drove, so we left our luggage in the car while we waited (which was about an hour and a half). But the TM did ask if we needed to store anything while we waited, and there were employees around taking suitcases into a back room. Sorry I can’t be of more help with this!

Ok, thanks...it sounds like we can leave our stuff. We have a reservation for cowfish at 3, so I was hoping this was the case. When we went last June, they were leaving the rooms empty for a day or 2 between customers and I also think they weren't at full capacity, so our room was ready when we arrived early and I didn't have to worry about anything.

Sure! I got an email the day before check-in from Cabana Bay. It was hidden in my junk folder.

Do you remember around what time it came through or you saw it? I'm asking because I still haven't gotten one, and we check in tomorrow. Thanks 😁

Do you remember around what time it came through or you saw it? I'm asking because I still haven't gotten one, and we check in tomorrow. Thanks 😁
So it was sent the day before check-in at 4 pm. I didn’t see it til the next day- I didn’t even know it existed until I saw someone mention something on a FaceBook group! Mine was hidden in my junk folder, so check there if it’s not in your main. Hope it comes through!

So it was sent the day before check-in at 4 pm. I didn’t see it til the next day- I didn’t even know it existed until I saw someone mention something on a FaceBook group! Mine was hidden in my junk folder, so check there if it’s not in your main. Hope it comes through!
Thanks, still nothing...that stinks. Mobile check in is def the way to go

Ooof that looks ROUGH!
I am optimistically hoping it gets better with lower crowd levels starting...well, now-ish, really.
But I will mentally prepare for this kind of thing just in case.
CB has a HUGE number of rooms, so I think it is a safe assumption that they were hit hard by the "increase in travel/decrease in staff availability" issues that seem to be happening at lots of places. I hope they can recover because it is totally our favorite Orlando hotel.

We got here around 12:45-1ish yesterday and the lobby was practically empty. I was second in line, and I was able to get us checked in, in no time and the cherry on top was that our room was ready 😁

They are starting to slow down, the TM that checked me in said that it's been very busy and she hadn't seen the lobby that empty for a while.

I also figured out why i never got an email, they had some email address that was a combo of my name and a number on file. There was also a phone number that wasn't mine. She said that for some reason a lot of the universal booked packages come through with incorrect info... even though it's in there correctly because i got the emails and texts from them leading up to our trip. Something wonky happens when it goes to the hotel side. We verified the confirmation number, she corrected my info and we were on our way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter