Untitled DL chat thread. Everyone is welcome! Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
Is that like In and Out?

We're terrible when it comes to holidays. We get bored by afternoon but nothing is open, not even a freakin McDonald's.

One year on Thanksgving Day we were so bored we drove in the snow to Kmart just to walk around...I don't even like Kmart.

Makes you realize how much American customs/ society is still tied to religious traditions.

I know what you mean about everything being closed. It sucks because I think my family and I get bored too sometimes. That's when we bust out Cranium and start having a hoot! :thumbsup2

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is a continuation of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1367897

Is that like In and Out?

We're terrible when it comes to holidays. We get bored by afternoon but nothing is open, not even a freakin McDonald's.

One year on Thanksgving Day we were so bored we drove in the snow to Kmart just to walk around...I don't even like Kmart.

Makes you realize how much American customs/ society is still tied to religious traditions.

Ummm... no. Its the convenience store tied to Arco. The gas station? You know the one!:lmao: Yeah... we dont do holidays well.. Its so boring!!

:rotfl2: I'm scared to try to the food at AM/PM. Does it taste bad?

No.. its not gourmet or anything, but its cheap, and we sometimes crave it!:lmao: Just burgers and corndogs... nothing special. The corndogs are the same they sell at 7-11. But then I have strange tastes... I like their burgers, cheese burgers to be exact.. just plain, with nothing else on them. I am not a condiment person. you guys saw my reaction to mayo!!!:lmao:

Ummm... no. Its the convenience store tied to Arco. The gas station? You know the one!:lmao: Yeah... we dont do holidays well.. Its so boring!!

Never heard of either one... now say you went to Holiday or SA (Super America) .. I totally would understand. ;)

Remember, I come from the land where even 7-11 no longer exists. :sad2:

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd

ARCO is a brand of coffee, not gas. But it might give you gas???? :laughing:

Never heard of either one... now say you went to Holiday or SA (Super America) .. I totally would understand. ;)

Remember, I come from the land where even 7-11 no longer exists. :sad2:

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd

ARCO is a brand of coffee, not gas. But it might give you gas???? :laughing:

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

:lmao: You goose! Keep your eyes open, you will see a bunch of them around town. They are the "cheap" gas stations. I used to get gas there and it clogged up something... or did something... :confused3 Not sure, but the mechanic yell at me about using it.

:lmao: You goose! Keep your eyes open, you will see a bunch of them around town. They are the "cheap" gas stations. I used to get gas there and it clogged up something... or did something... :confused3 Not sure, but the mechanic yell at me about using it.

Yeah, I heard the gas there isn't good. I never go there.

I'm still mazed that even somehting as mundane as grocery shopping is different than MN.

What is up with the margarine quarters in the weird shape box??? Margarine is suppose to be in a SQUARE box with long sticks of margarine.. not these werid stubby things.

And what is up with the lack of a good chewy bagel?? Lender's where are you ??? All they have is the softer ones in the bakery aisle.. not the same. :sad2:
Doughnut shops on every corner but no bagels.. weird I tell ya.. weird!!

I'm still mazed that even somehting as mundane as grocery shopping is different than MN.

What is up with the margarine quarters in the weird shape box??? Margarine is suppose to be in a SQUARE box with long sticks of margarine.. not these werid stubby things.

And what is up with the lack of a good chewy bagel?? Lender's where are you ??? All they have is the softer ones in the bakery aisle.. not the same. :sad2:

:rotfl2:

Hubby tells me they have those here.. but they don't take credit cards. We never have cash.. thus we don't go.

On our drive to CA, one of the states had "Kum and GO" as a gas station brand.. we laughed like silly teeens everytime we saw a sign. :rolleyes1

We have Lenders... or at least we did? Hmmm... come to think of it, I havent seen them since I was shopping at the commissary with my mom. :confused3 Dunno. Oh, and I buy my margarine on a tub, and my butter in boxes. How about the booze at the grocery store? :lmao: I about fell over when I saw that!:rotfl2: Dh and I turned down the isle, and just starred...:eek: :confused3 I dont get it!:lmao:

Hubby tells me they have those here.. but they don't take credit cards. We never have cash.. thus we don't go.

On our drive to CA, one of the states had "Kum and GO" as a gas station brand.. we laughed like silly teeens everytime we saw a sign. :rolleyes1

Nope, only debit cards and cash. and I have to say...:lmao: Thats as funny as Babes Big Blue Balls!:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rolleyes: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We have Lenders... or at least we did? Hmmm... come to think of it, I havent seen them since I was shopping at the commissary with my mom. :confused3 Dunno. Oh, and I buy my margarine on a tub, and my butter in boxes. How about the booze at the grocery store? :lmao: I about fell over when I saw that!:rotfl2: Dh and I turned down the isle, and just starred...:eek: :confused3 I dont get it!:lmao:

What's even worse is the booze you can buy while picking up your meds at the pharmacy!

AND you can even buy it on a Sunday.. a real no-no in MN.. Can only buy 3.2 beer on Sundays at the grocery store (the only booze you can buy at grocery) , bars and liquor stores are closed.

Liquor stores are mostly city/municipal owned, rarely they would have a chain store.

What's even worse is the booze you can buy while picking up your meds at the pharmacy!

AND you can even buy it on a Sunday.. a real no-no in MN.. Can only buy 3.2 beer on Sundays at the grocery store (the only booze you can buy at grocery) , bars and liquor stores are closed.

Liquor stores are mostly city/municipal owned, rarely they would have a chain store.

Yeah, you can purchase alcohol at pharmacies and convenience stores too here

Here, bars are open, but liquor stores are closed. and they are ALL state run. I also noticed how cheap cigs. are... almost $2.00 cheaper a pack in Cal. :confused3 I was really surprised how cheap all the "naughty" things are in Cal.!:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter