Update 5/30. I'm going to Club 33 with 43 other DIS'ers PTR! W/photo's! ABD BSM Tour.

Hi everyone!
We had a private chat on Thursday and found out we will have three tour guides on this trip. Normally they have two on the tours. ABD decided since we have 44 people instead of 40, that we needed an extra tour guide. From what was said during chat this was the first time they allowed more than the 40 people on the tour.

The other thing we found out is they want the Dis Boards and Dreams Unlimited to agree on another tour before we go on this tour. The top two trips we talked about during chat was Disneyland Paris which ABD doesn't have a tour for and Ireland. I think I need a second job!
We didn't really talk much about our up coming trip. Most of us are coming in a day early and heading over to Warner Brothers Studio. We are having another chat next Thursday and I hope they have more info on the next trip for us. I need as much time to pay for and plan the next ABD trip as possible.

I am so ready for this trip! It has been a long cold and cloudy winter here in Colorado. I'm hoping for perfect weather. I'm thinking 75 - 80 and sunny everyday would be sooo nice.

Well I spent a week in Aspen last year in April, and it was still snowing and cold. I don't know if it will be as high as 80 on your trip, but it will definitely be warmer than where you are. In April it should be in the 70's during the day, but could still get chilly at night.

Well I spent a week in Aspen last year in April, and it was still snowing and cold. I don't know if it will be as high as 80 on your trip, but it will definitely be warmer than where you are. In April it should be in the 70's during the day, but could still get chilly at night.

Where did you stay when you were here? It is rare too talk to someone who has visited here. Most people go to Vail because it is closer to Denver. April is kind of ugly around here. The snow is brown and melting.
I live across from the airport a ten minute walk to Buttermilk Mountain.

Do you think it will be in the 50's at night in DL/DCA?
I plan on bringing shorts and capris for the day time and jeans and fleece jackets at night. I need to remember to bring my umbrella and rain poncho home from work and pack it.

Do you think it will be in the 50's at night in DL/DCA?
I plan on bringing shorts and capris for the day time and jeans and fleece jackets at night. I need to remember to bring my umbrella and rain poncho home from work and pack it.

Temperatures are in the low 50's at night right now. When I got home Thursday night around 11PM it was 52. By April it should be in the high 50's if things are normal, but this has been a crazy weather year! Hopefully we're done with the rain and by the time you get here it's Sunny as Usual!

I stayed at a friend's house in Snowmass Village. We were going to a cousin's wedding in Denver and spent a week in Snowmass Village then went to the wedding. We had a really good time.

You should be fine with what you are packing. As long as you are bringing a light jacket for night. People just think CA is always warm, but once the sun goes down, it does get chilly. But it is so cold where you are, I am sure you can handle it. I think us Californians are wimps when it gets at all cold. We get used to the our nice consistent weather all year round. I live in San Diego so the weather is usually a little cooler during the day here than at Disneyland. I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.

I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.

I'm also less than 1/2 a miles from the beach so temps are pretty consistent where I live. DL is more inland so the hot is hotter and the cold can be colder, but there is something about the park itself that when it is very cold going through the turnstiles, magically the park is quite a bit warmer. I don't know how they do that!

pixiedust:

Temperatures are in the low 50's at night right now. When I got home Thursday night around 11PM it was 52. By April it should be in the high 50's if things are normal, but this has been a crazy weather year! Hopefully we're done with the rain and by the time you get here it's Sunny as Usual!

I stayed at a friend's house in Snowmass Village. We were going to a cousin's wedding in Denver and spent a week in Snowmass Village then went to the wedding. We had a really good time.

You should be fine with what you are packing. As long as you are bringing a light jacket for night. People just think CA is always warm, but once the sun goes down, it does get chilly. But it is so cold where you are, I am sure you can handle it. I think us Californians are wimps when it gets at all cold. We get used to the our nice consistent weather all year round. I live in San Diego so the weather is usually a little cooler during the day here than at Disneyland. I work by the beach so even in the hotter summer months, 5 days a weeks I am where it is nicer when it gets really hot inland.

I'm ready for low's in the 50's. I'm really excited because tomorrows high should be around 45 degrees. :banana: Isn't that sad that I'm so excited about it being 45 degrees? :rotfl:
I'm so excited about being back in California. This should be a great trip.

My Cousin lives in San Diego. It is so beautiful there.

Hi everyone! I thought I would post about Monday night's Dinner.
Kim and I will be having dinner with Nancy she is YellowMickeyPonchos on the boards. Nancy is also one of the DIS Unplugged west coast correspondents. I have only met her once briefly in December out at WDW. We have been talking to each other for awhile. I'm excited to be able to spend some time with her. She will also be at the Club 33 breakfast.

Here is a picture of her and I from December. It was so cold and windy I was wearing two Hoodies. Part of the reason I was so cold was I tore my Achilles Tendon after being on property for only 45 minutes and could not walk. I was either in a wheelchair or an ECV the entire trip.
4447224008_b07bb4d8ec_o.jpg

We will be having dinner at Yamashiro/Pagoda Bar. It's less than a mile from the hotel. It is up a winding hill so they have an awesome view of Hollywood. I don't like seafood, but they have a few alternatives that I think I will like.
The restaurant just looks beautiful too. Here is the link if anyone is interested in dining there. If you click on dining and cocktails they have links above for tour/pictures, reservations, restaurant info with direction and the menu.

http://www.yamashirorestaurant.com/

We will be having dinner at Yamashiro/Pagoda Bar.It is up a winding hill so they have an awesome view of Hollywood. The restaurant just looks beautiful too. Here is the link if anyone is interested in dining there.
http://www.yamashirorestaurant.com/

That's a really famous and prestigious place, I would love to eat there sometime and the menu looks incredible! I love CA fusion cuisine! I think that restaurant is right next to the Magic Castle, great views, I've been there a few times, but foodwise I was having "Yamashiro envy". You'll have to post pics! Especially if your friend likes seafood, I'd love to see some pics of the rolls or appetizers. Yummy!

Hi Anna,

The trip sounds sooo amazing! I came this close >> << to signing up because I knew you guys were going to be doing so many neat things... but really couldn't justify it since I live here. ::: Sigh :::

I'm going to see you guys on the 16th, though, so I'm happy to be spending some time with you. :teeth:

Hi Anna,

The trip sounds sooo amazing! I came this close >> << to signing up because I knew you guys were going to be doing so many neat things... but really couldn't justify it since I live here. ::: Sigh :::

That's why we'll never sign up for this trip either, but it does sound really cool, huh?

That's why we'll never sign up for this trip either, but it does sound really cool, huh?

Oh yes. I had filled out the form to sign up and everything, and was about to hit submit, when my inner voice shouted, "WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING!?" and I closed the page.

But, I know they are going to have a great time, especially with the group that is going.

Mary Jo just needs to come with us to dinner, if you don't mind Anna and Kim! That way she can feel like she splurged on the trip! :thumbsup2

That's a really famous and prestigious place, I would love to eat there sometime and the menu looks incredible! I love CA fusion cuisine! I think that restaurant is right next to the Magic Castle, great views, I've been there a few times, but foodwise I was having "Yamashiro envy". You'll have to post pics! Especially if your friend likes seafood, I'd love to see some pics of the rolls or appetizers. Yummy!

After reading the history I'm very excited about eating there. I promise I will take lots and lots of pictures.

Hi Anna,

I'm going to see you guys on the 16th, though, so I'm happy to be spending some time with you. :teeth:

Hi Mary Jo! :wave2: I can't wait too see you again. The few times I saw you during the cruise just wasn't enough. The 16th is going to be an incredible day. I can't wait!!!!

I don't blame you for not signing up. If it wasn't a DIS Unplugged group trip I wouldn't be on it either.

Mary Jo just needs to come with us to dinner, if you don't mind Anna and Kim! That way she can feel like she splurged on the trip! :thumbsup2

I don't mind at all. :cool1: I was wondering if you mind if I ask Karen (klam chowder) if she would like to eat with us as well? She was going to eat with Kim and I Monday at uwink in the Highland Center. I can't believe that we are only a few weeks away now. I'm starting too get excited now.

After reading the history I'm very excited about eating there. I promise I will take lots and lots of pictures.

Hi Mary Jo! :wave2: I can't wait too see you again. The few times I saw you during the cruise just wasn't enough. The 16th is going to be an incredible day. I can't wait!!!!

I don't blame you for not signing up. If it wasn't a DIS Unplugged group trip I wouldn't be on it either.

I don't mind at all. :cool1: I was wondering if you mind if I ask Karen (klam chowder) if she would like to eat with us as well? She was going to eat with Kim and I Monday at uwink in the Highland Center. I can't believe that we are only a few weeks away now. I'm starting too get excited now.

:cool1: Yaaayyyyy.... That would be great if Karen can go, too. I missed her the last time she was out here. :upsidedow

I think your right about Yamashrio being near the Magic Castle. On the map the Magic Castle is at the bottom of the hill where Sycamore AVE starts. I have always wanted to go inside the Magic Castle. I would love to get some pictures of the Castle at night.

I'm in for the ride! Your trip is getting so close. So cool that you guys are getting to go to Club 33----we all said on our trip that would be a perfect addition. Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!!! It is so awesome-probably my fav trip of all time! :)

I'm in for the ride! Your trip is getting so close. So cool that you guys are getting to go to Club 33----we all said on our trip that would be a perfect addition. Can't wait to read all about your trip!!!!! It is so awesome-probably my fav trip of all time! :)

Hi Melanie!

I'm starting to get really excited about this trip. We had a private chat last week for our ABD group and Kevin and I were talking about the Roosevelt Hotel. It was kinda funny because we had lots of info on the hotel because of your TR. We both can't wait to have a burger at 25 Degrees. :thumbsup2

Club 33 will be a blast. I can't wait. I never thought I would get to see the inside of this place. I need to try and remember to relax and take it all in.

I have a feeling that this will be one of my favorite trips also. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter