• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*UPDATE* Chances of getting VWL in october?

kkmauch

Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fact
I know the BCV and BWV can be almost impossible to book at the 7 month window for October. I own at BCV and still couldn't get a studio for when I wanted. So, it's now 7 months from when I want to go and I am wondering what my chances are of getting a room at VWL. I have never stayed there and am really looking forward to it! I'd like to try it out for an October trip with friends. Any ideas?

I really don't know, but we're going to be at VWL in October. Since that's the month of MNSSHP, there may be people wanting to stay at VWL because it's easy to get to MK. If it's 7 months out, give MS a call and see what you can get!

Perhaps we'll see you there!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I just called last week to get into VWL for October. I got my first 3 nights and was put on the waitlist for the last 2. We would like to have the ferry to the MK so we plan on staying there the first 3 nights and if the waitlist doesn't pull through, we will move to OKW for our last 2 nights.

Betsy and Bobbi...are you in studios or another size room?

We will be there for 2 weeks in Oct. in a 1 bed. I would go ahead and call to try to get it. But if you really want to go then, if VWL isnt available, book OKW or SSR, and waitlist for VWL. Good luck and Pixie Dust to you;)

I was able to get VWL for Oct 4-8, 2006 at 45 days out. We had a studio and had our choice of OKW, BWV, and SSR. BCV was the only one not available (for all of our dates---we would have had to waitlist for 2 of them). I was pleasently suprised to get VWL so close to the check-in. Good luck !

UPDATE:
I spoke with MS today and was NOT able to get a studio for the dates I wanted in October. Maybe it's a bad time of the month to be there? October 13-21st. Anyway, I would have to waitlist for every single night so instead I'm just going with OKW and hoping to save enough points to let me have a stay in AKV in February instead.

Thanks for all the advice though and congrats on getting VWL.

UPDATE:
I spoke with MS today and was NOT able to get a studio for the dates I wanted in October. Maybe it's a bad time of the month to be there? October 13-21st. Anyway, I would have to waitlist for every single night so instead I'm just going with OKW and hoping to save enough points to let me have a stay in AKV in February instead.

Thanks for all the advice though and congrats on getting VWL.

You could also try, on June 6th, booking your October stay at AKV. Just a suggestion.

I called and got a Studio for October 11-16, I did call day-by-day since we really needed that location. With 2 preschoolers I need the ferry to MK for MNSSHP. Stroller on the bus is too hard.

I called day by day and got a studio at BCV 19-22 Oct. I did call exactly at 9:00 am on the dot.

Admittedly, I did wait until one month and a couple of days past my 7 month window. I was just thinking we would stay at SSR but thought later that VWL might be fun for MNSSHP.

I will call in June to try and secure my visit at AKV for February. I think that my dates will be in later February so I will have to wait until later June...unless they have changed the rules for AKV. I don't own any points there, it would just be a 7 month booking for me.

Really, I'd be willing to take any studio available at AKV for February. I've never stayed there and would like to give it a go.

I was just thinking we would stay at SSR but thought later that VWL might be fun for MNSSHP.
Is this because of the boat from WL to the MK ? If so, I'll share our experiences from a MNSSHP on Oct 31, 2001. We were staying at the WL. At the end of the night, the boat was not running back to the WL. We were caught off guard by this. The only way to get back to the WL from the MK was to board the monorail to the TTC and catch the bus marked "Boon" at the TTC.
Now, as I said, this was 2001. Perhaps someone here has more recent experience with this ? We found it very inconvenient because the lines for the monorail were so long and they were packed heading back to the TTC. Just a head's up.

Is this because of the boat from WL to the MK ? If so, I'll share our experiences from a MNSSHP on Oct 31, 2001. We were staying at the WL. At the end of the night, the boat was not running back to the WL. We were caught off guard by this. The only way to get back to the WL from the MK was to board the monorail to the TTC and catch the bus marked "Boon" at the TTC.
Now, as I said, this was 2001. Perhaps someone here has more recent experience with this ? We found it very inconvenient because the lines for the monorail were so long and they were packed heading back to the TTC. Just a head's up.

WOW! I really hope that isn't the case now - we booked VWL just for this reason. 3 kids under 4 at MNSSHP! :crazy:

To OP, we just booked a 1BR at VWL for 2 weeks, end of Sept and first week of October - made the ressie on Monday and they had availability then.

WOW! I really hope that isn't the case now - we booked VWL just for this reason. 3 kids under 4 at MNSSHP! :crazy:

We were at MNSSHP this past October and rode the boat back to VWL from MK We had to wait a while (as I recall about 45 minutes) as the park was extremely crowded so we had to wait for either the 2nd or 3rd boat due to the others filling up. We wouldn't have normally wanted to wait that long except my DGD had her heart set on riding the boat at night. :)

Admittedly, I did wait until one month and a couple of days past my 7 month window. I was just thinking we would stay at SSR but thought later that VWL might be fun for MNSSHP.
Actually, unless my math is really bad, I think you only waited a week into the 7 month window by calling in March for an October 13-21 reservation.

It used to be that VWL in October wasn't a tough reservation. I'd have to say that I'm seeing more and more of this type of thing where "easy reservations" at less than 7 months have become more and more difficult. :sad2:

I called on 3-20-07 for an October (14 - 20) 2 bdrm reservation at VWL at 9:00 on the dot!! :goodvibes

I am now waitlisted for the 2 bdrm. We do have a 2 bdrm at SSR. MS did offer me a 1 bdrm at VWL for the same time period. Automatic waitlist notification if all days are available.

We'll see what happens.

Last year I waitlisted for a GV at OKW and got it after about a 5 month wait.
So I'll wait this one out also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter