UPDATE...I bought DVC!!!!: advice please..these CR stories are hurting my head!!

A couple of things:

1) I would not wait for the CR. It may never happen and even if it does you may not be able to buy points. Some of the rumors flying around here are that it will be only made available to current owners first. Some even think that it may sell out before being offered to the general public. Regardless of the various opinions it is probably prudent to not wait.

Now if your heart is set on CR. Then there is a way, as others have recommended. Buy a small resale of about 50 points at a current resort. If the CR becomes available, do an add-on for another 100 points. If no CR, then add on somewhere else.

2) My prediction and take it for what it is worth :teeth: . DVC at the CR will be announced either in the next six months (or very shortly afterwards) or not at all. If it is not announced within that timeline, do not expect it for at least 10 - 15 years.

Why? Imagine the CR explaining to guests why they got stuck with a room in the rundown North Wing versus one of the nice new rooms in the South Wing. I do not see them holding the North Wing in its current condition so that DVC can take it over in 2 - 3 years. If DVC is to be offered the CR they will have to either take it now or not at all.

The South Wing is scheduled to re-open at the end of October. If, the South Wing is not going to DVC then work will start on renos no later then January (how would you justify putting it off longer). If those renos begin, we can bury the CR rumor once and for all.

Stitch 03 said:
The South Wing is scheduled to re-open at the end of October.

Insiders are reporting that the South Wing rehab is now scheduled to run through at least September of 2006.

It's been years in the making...........

And it is finally here. I did it!!!!!! 150 points at SSR direct. :rotfl: :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :bounce:

So if CR comes maybe I'll get add-on fever!!!

Thanks so much to everyone on this board. You have all been so helpful.

Yeah!! :teeth:

lisaviolet said:
It's been years in the making...........

And it is finally here. I did it!!!!!! 150 points at SSR direct. :rotfl: :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :bounce:

So if CR comes maybe I'll get add-on fever!!!

Thanks so much to everyone on this board. You have all been so helpful.

Yeah!! :teeth:

Congratulations! It's great to have you with us.

tjkraz said:
Insiders are reporting that the South Wing rehab is now scheduled to run through at least September of 2006.

I am getting my info from Allears (though it could be incorrect):

May 30 – Oct. 31: South Garden Wing will be closed for refurbishment
June 29, 2005 - February 19, 2006 - Tower room refurbishment. One floor will be blocked off at a time.

I know the Oct date is for 2005 because only the tower is mentioned come November.

This is quite odd though. Usually Disney is very upfront regarding rehab dates (barring unforseen circumstances). They have also been fairly hush regarding details of the refurb (DVC or not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter