**UPDATE** If you booked a package (resort & tickets) you do need to call! Advice needed! How to change names on tickets?

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Hi friends,
Something just didn't sit right with me about "no problem just do it at the turnstile" so I followed up with a call.
Huge bonus, my call got answered immediately (I was shocked) and everything is handled.

If you have a package booked with resort and tickets, you in fact, do need to change the name on the reservation.
The park reservations are unaffected and are now attached to my daughter. All is calm and good in the Kingdom.

You can do it at the turnstile if you have a ticket only purchase. Since I had the package, that would not have worked.

I didn't have to do anything with our Oogie Boogie tickets because names are not attached.

What's happening on Ebay is nuts! I bet Disney changes this for the next event.

Turning to all of you Disney aficionados!

How do I switch out names on park tickets/park reservations/Oogie Boogie tickets?

**Additional Question: how do you associate that person to the ap? Once she goes through the turnstile, how is it linked to the ap on her phone?**

We want to switch out my husband to my daughter. Crossing my fingers there's a way to do this online but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The name on the ticket doesn’t matter. You can change it at the turnstile, so don’t worry about it before you go.

The name on the ticket doesn’t matter. You can change it at the turnstile, so don’t worry about it before you go.

Not to be dense, but REALLY?
Can you say more?

We literally go to the turnstile, tell them it's this person instead of that person and it's no problem. They make the change right there and she can then use her own ap?

Again, sorry but I'd love more detail. We've never done this so I'm clueless.
o_O

You can lt
Not to be dense, but REALLY?
Can you say more?

We literally go to the turnstile, tell them it's this person instead of that person and it's no problem. They make the change right there and she can then use her own ap?

Again, sorry but I'd love more detail. We've never done this so I'm clueless.
o_O

There isn’t much more detail to add. You can literally put “Mickey Mouse” and “Donald Duck” as the names. They don’t care what name is on the ticket until you actually use it. When you go to the turnstile, they’ll take a picture of the person using it and put the correct name in, if necessary. Then only that person can use the ticket once that has happened.

It does not make a difference at all what you name your ticket. All that matters is that the person who uses it first is the same person every time. The name you give the ticket it literally that - the name you give the ticket. You can name it "Disney Trip 2021 Ticket 2" and it would be perfectly fine. The ticket scanners do not care what name is on the ticket. All they care about it that the picture of the person matches the person going through the gate.

Do you initiate The Who is who? The castmember doesn't or hasn't asked to anyone I know nor the people ahead of me. They only ask who is the child (for the child ticket) if they don't see the little one. youThey really don't ask who the name on the ticket is the person, because once you go in they take a picture and provide a physical ticket to link to that specific person.

Updated and I want to make sure you see this.
Thank you I appreciate it. I have a resort reservation through renting points through a DVC owner so I don't have a package so I assume I will be ok. You are so lucky that you got through on the phone so quickly! I have tried numerous times and mostly get that I need to call back later. I sent an email and still haven't heard back. I need to find out how I turn the tickets I have into park hoppers and add on 2 more days. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter