Update on Low-Floor bus accessibility

Chip 'n Dale Express

Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
Just wanted to give y'all the heads up that we have completed the retrofit on the new low-floors. Our newest delivery of low-floor buses did not feature a special safety latch on the rear securement area, and it did not pass strict Disney safety standards. Disney has since retrofitted these buses, and now both wheelchair securement areas are available. :)

At this time, we are also replacing some of our older lifts on the RTS buses with newer, larger lifts. At the same time, we are replacing the old straps with the new J-hook style straps. On these particular buses, they also lack the safety latch, and will need to be retrofitted. It's only a few buses, and they should be retrofitted very soon.

Awesome news Tyler thank you so much for all your information. I kmow that many if us that use the busline as our main transport will be practically giddy to hear this :)

Tyler, thanks for sharing this info with us. I rented an ECV from off property & used Disney transportation on our trip in May - my compliments to everyone! And I did let supervisors know :).

DH and I just came back from WDW. We didn't need the wheelchair access since we didn't have DD and her wheelchair with us, but I thought I saw some bright, shiny new restraint systems.
Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter