Update on my medical news.

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
A little background in case you didn't read my post last week. I went to a gyn for female problems, he did blood tests and found that I am anemic, iron deficient, malnourished, and basically, nothing in my blood is at normal. I am this way because I have 1/3 of my small intestine due to a birth defect and many surgeries, and, because of that, I have malabsorption (my intestines can't absorb the nutrients from my food and put it into my blood stream) So, he told me to find a nutrionist.Well, I looked and looked for a nutritionist, and was unable to locate on in Boulder or Longmont. I was talking to a lady I sing with on worship team at church, telling her my problems, and she said to talk to her husband. He's a chiropracter. I was skeptical, but talked to him at church. Then I made an appointment and saw him Tuesday. He said a lot of things that made sense, and then did x-rays, and two other diagnostic tests. Last night, Stephen and I went to talk to him about my tests. Well, I have extreme scholiosis (curvature of the spine). It was weird to look at, because, even for me, it was blatantly crooked. My neck is also too straight. He said that squeezes the brain stem causes all sorts of other problems. Now I go three times a week for at least 90 days, and up to a year. The whole treatment will take at least a year. I will start the food supplements next week when I get paid. He will take x-rays in 6 weeks to show me the progress. I have never been to a chiropracter, so am a little nervous, but I trust this guy, and hope that I will feel better soon.
Thanks for listening.

Well, Kelli, that sounds good, at least you know what maybe is causing some, or all of your problems. Hopefully the chiro will be able to move you forward and have you on the road to feeling better soon. My best for you.

Dan :sunny:

I've never been to a chiropracter, but a lot of people swear by them. I hope he can help you. (((hugs)))

Good luck, Kelli. I've never been to a chiro either, but I've heard they work wonders. {{hugs}} **pd**

Glad to hear you have some answers!
Hope the Chiro helps you, Ive never beene either. :)

Kelli, I don't have any experience either, but I hope it works for you. It sounds like it will.

Take care

Thanks for the update Kelli! I too have scoliosis and have had it since I was about 10 or 11. It was never bad enough for me to have surgery but I can feel the effects of it now. My back is constantly in pain and I know soon I will have to start going to a chiro. My dad goes to one and he swears by his... truly helps him (although he has other back trouble) and he goes ever several months. Good luck with the treatments for your malabsoprtion. Prayers and PD for you as you are going through this.

I have reservations about chiropractors in general, but if it is helping you, Kelli, good luck . . .

:wave: TC!

Thats good news...in that hopefully your on the right track! I sure hope the treatment plan works for you!

I have gone to a chiro on a couple of occassions (did something stupid and hurt my back)...the guy not only relieved the pain...but my back made a fully recovery and is in great shape! I hope you'll get similar results! :D

Deb, I was waiting to hear your opinion on chiropracters. Knowing you're a doc, and the person you are, I trust your opinion. I am just at such a dead end with my health, I'll try anything. I really trust this guy, and he will continue to take x-rays to show my progress, so I figure it's worth a shot.

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts.

Sounds like the chiropractor is going to be a great help to you. Now you just need to find a nutritionist! Good luck!

Originally posted by Deb in IA
I have reservations about chiropractors in general. . .

Same here, but I hope it can make a difference in your life!

Best wishes to ya!

Hope it all works out well for you.Good luck!!;)

Sounds like you found a good Dr. Good Luck with your therapy! :D

WOW Tc I must of missed your post last week!! I hope all goes well sounds like you are on the right track to getting better!~! {{HUG}}

Ultimately, we all need to do what we believe is best for us, so if you're comfortable with the proposed treatment plan go ahead.

I work on the periphery of the healthcare industry and when separating "good" chiropractors from the chiros I'd watch a little more closely, one thing I would consider a red flag would be a lengthy course of treatment. Up to 156 visits in year would be a concern.

Were I in your position I would make it very clear that unless there are dramatic improvements after 90 days (nearly 40 visits!) I'll probably look at other options.

Sounds good! Some chiropractors are quacks, but there are others out there (including the one I go to) who are excellent physicians and *do* know a lot about nutrition. Mine has tried helping me with nutritional changes for my energy problems, but I was allergic to too many of the things he wanted me to try so no luck there :( I hope it works for you!

I didn't read you original posts Kelli but I am glad to hear tht you are on your way to recovery. I hope this treatment works for you and that you are feeling better soon.

Could you let us know how it goes? I've wondered about chiropractors. I hope that it all works out well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter