• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update on the Email notification situation

Got mine back today around 5 also.

I think what got them to fix it either was

1. all the disgruntled AOL users e mailing AOL about the problem

or

2. Alex's offer of a new microwave and refrigerator for the AOL break room;) :jester:

Anyway, thanks to everybody who had a hand in fixing the problem:bounce:

Ed

the aol guys are worthless - with the exception of one helpful guy I ran into - he had enough experience to forward me to aolwebmasters that would potentially do something about it - the standard tech support and billing support people are essentally iuseless drones with "canned" answers and scripts they think are one size fit all but are not - I am getting very close to canceling my aol

I thought that I was going crazy... but I am glad that I am not the only one not getting the email notifications!

AOL is really unbelievable... you have to see how much real spam mail I get... but, instead they decide to block this! :mad:

Let us AOL members know if there is anything we can do on our side!

17 days now with "NO" e-mail notifications because of AOL.
angryfire.gif

Well, my e-mails had stopped for several weeks, then they started again, then about 2 weeks ago they stopped, now late yesterday they started again. So whatever AOL is doing, they aren't doing consistently.

Steve

Yeah! I'm getting e-mail notification again! A great big THANKS to whoever made this possible!

I have AOHell and haven't received an email notification in weeks. Hope they start again soon.

My notifications just started back up today(thurs 7-31) for the 1st time in almost 3 weeks.
Thanks Alex and the Tech support for working on it.:D

Hopefully AOL will get there act together and figure out what is SPAM and what isn't.:mad:

Originally posted by ncligs
Hopefully AOL will get there act together and figure out what is SPAM and what isn't.:mad:

I think part of the problem is us AOL users. AOL makes it so easy to have us identify what is spam, some of us accidently tell AOL that the notifications are spam.

Haven't you ever gone through the list of e mails clicking on "report spam" when you accidently report one you really wanted. When you get 10-15 a day and you highlight them all to report as spam, but there was a good one stuck in the middle.

Ed

Originally posted by betterlatethannever
I think part of the problem is us AOL users. AOL makes it so easy to have us identify what is spam, some of us accidently tell AOL that the notifications are spam.

Haven't you ever gone through the list of e mails clicking on "report spam" when you accidently report one you really wanted. When you get 10-15 a day and you highlight them all to report as spam, but there was a good one stuck in the middle.

Ed

I don't think so........I have never done that.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by betterlatethannever

Ed

This isn't the case at all.
There are many AOL users who stop getting email notifications all at the same time.
You can check your list of blocked email addresses and the Disboards isn't on there.
This is a problem within AOL, not something AOL users are doing wrong.

I haven't received any notifications in a day or two...

:mad:

Now what should I do? Not that I would know if anyone answered my question or not!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by annamonte
I haven't received any notifications in a day or two...

:mad:

Now what should I do? Not that I would know if anyone answered my question or not!!!!!!!!!

Don't feel bad.....my notifications just stopped again today(8-12) for the 4 th time in the last 6-7 weeks. :mad:

Please help....

I have homewirelessweb as our internet service provider and I'm not getting my email notifications. I contacted them and they said they haven't implemented any new spam filters so the problem isn't on there end. I need to know how to fix this problem so I can continue getting my notificiations. Can anyone help by suggesting what to do? I thought I'd read that the problem for the non AOL people was fixed, unfortunately not for me yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter