Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to have another update on Dom soon. March 24th of this year marked his five year anniversary since the accident. Not a whole lot has changed since the beginning. With this past year of Covid, Dom's extra therapies such as his HBOT sessions were stopped, and his mom wasn't allowed in to see him for months, pretty much from November until last month. We know he developed two pressure ulcers on his bottom, which I attribute to him being left in the same position for God knows how long, whether it was in the bed or in his wheelchair. When family isn't allowed in to visit, who knows what goes on with long term care residents. When the facility doesn't know when you're going to show up, patients are taken better care of. Dom also had a recent hospitalization for increased heart rate, and tremors. He was watched for a few days, and his anti-seizure med was increased. His mom says the pressure ulcers have healed, and she was able to get Medicaid to approve a new wheelchair, as he's gained weight since he was originally measured. The facility was blaming the wheelchair being too small causing his pressure ulcers. If they knew that, then why put him in that chair? Dom's mom was also recently granted a special caregiver allowance to go in and give him care for a few hours a week. She was so happy about that. June 4th will be Dom's 31st birthday, his sixth birthday since the accident. I'm praying we'll be allowed to go see him. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for Don's update, Teresa. Continued prayers.

Thank you so much! I'm hoping to have another update on Dom soon. March 24th of this year marked his five year anniversary since the accident. Not a whole lot has changed since the beginning. With this past year of Covid, Dom's extra therapies such as his HBOT sessions were stopped, and his mom wasn't allowed in to see him for months, pretty much from November until last month. We know he developed two pressure ulcers on his bottom, which I attribute to him being left in the same position for God knows how long, whether it was in the bed or in his wheelchair. When family isn't allowed in to visit, who knows what goes on with long term care residents. When the facility doesn't know when you're going to show up, patients are taken better care of. Dom also had a recent hospitalization for increased heart rate, and tremors. He was watched for a few days, and his anti-seizure med was increased. His mom says the pressure ulcers have healed, and she was able to get Medicaid to approve a new wheelchair, as he's gained weight since he was originally measured. The facility was blaming the wheelchair being too small causing his pressure ulcers. If they knew that, then why put him in that chair? Dom's mom was also recently granted a special caregiver allowance to go in and give him care for a few hours a week. She was so happy about that. June 4th will be Dom's 31st birthday, his sixth birthday since the accident. I'm praying we'll be allowed to go see him. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Dom has an amazzing family, but you also could only do so much, I hope hos parents and close family still take time to enjoy there won life, no doubt he would want that

Hello DIS friends. It's been almost a year since I've updated here, and today marks the 6th year anniversary of Dom's life-changing accident. A lot has happened over the past year with Dom at his long-term care facility, and I'd like to update you on everything, but sadly there are still internet trolls out there who for some strange reason are still obsessed with me and what I post on the DIS, so suffice it to say Dom and his family can use all the prayers, good thoughts, and well wishes that you can give. I can tell you that Dom is for the most part healthy, and cognitively not much has changed. We still believe in miracles. Rather than post a pic of how Dom looks now, I'll post a pic of his first WDW trip, in 1995, when he was just turning 5. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who truly care about Dom's well-being.

So many of us have followed Dom’s journey these last years. Sending gentle hugs and thanks for the update

Thank you for the update, Teresa. Dom is in my daily prayers, hard to believe it's been 6 years. I wondered how come you didn't come back to update in a long time, sorry that the internet trolls are still bothering you. Hang in there..continues prayers and hugs
Lynn

Its good to see an update from you but sorry to hear about the troll problem. Thanks for posting.

Hello, friends. I can't believe another year has almost gone by since I've posted on this thread. It's been a very sad year. My brother, Dom's dad, was diagnosed last February 2022 with esophageal cancer, and passed away in September, at the age of 63. This was another tough blow for my 89 year old mom, who lost my dad to cancer when he was only 64, and then had to live with the tragedy of Dom's accident, and now my brother. We recently moved her to a care facility where she's receiving PT/OT, and hopefully she'll be able to return to her home, but it's not looking promising. She's fully mentally cognizant, but her body is failing her, specifically difficulty doing activities of daily living due to severe arthritis and spinal degeneration. Dom is still with us, but is having more health issues, which is common with immobility and living with the diagnosis that he has. He'll most likely be going on palliative care soon. Dom's mom and sister are his angels, and are some of the strongest women I know. The 7th anniversary of Dom's accident is coming up on March 24th. We appreciate your continued prayers. Thank you, and God bless you all.

Hi, Teresa. :hug:'s

Wow, so much for you, so much for mom. My condolences on your brother's (Dom's dad) passing. So young, so sad. Prayers that mom does better in the days and weeks ahead.

Thanks for sharing here with your dis' family'.

Hope you, Harry and others in your wonderful family are otherwise doing well, Teresa. :hug:'s

Hello, friends. I can't believe another year has almost gone by since I've posted on this thread. It's been a very sad year. My brother, Dom's dad, was diagnosed last February 2022 with esophageal cancer, and passed away in September, at the age of 63. This was another tough blow for my 89 year old mom, who lost my dad to cancer when he was only 64, and then had to live with the tragedy of Dom's accident, and now my brother. We recently moved her to a care facility where she's receiving PT/OT, and hopefully she'll be able to return to her home, but it's not looking promising. She's fully mentally cognizant, but her body is failing her, specifically difficulty doing activities of daily living due to severe arthritis and spinal degeneration. Dom is still with us, but is having more health issues, which is common with immobility and living with the diagnosis that he has. He'll most likely be going on palliative care soon. Dom's mom and sister are his angels, and are some of the strongest women I know. The 7th anniversary of Dom's accident is coming up on March 24th. We appreciate your continued prayers. Thank you, and God bless you all.
I was thinking about you and Dom last week and wondering if there was an update. I haven't really posted no this thread but have kept up with him. Your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter