Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

Extra :grouphug: to you this morning dear Teresa.

So sorry to hear about your brother, Teresa. Seven years is a long time for Dom and your family. He couldn’t have a more supportive family than he has. Prayers for strength! ❤️

Tuffcookie, Cindy :cool1:

I am so sorry for the tough times you’ve experienced. I can’t believe that it’s been that long already. I remember your first post because it was not long after a girl my daughter was friends with in elementary school (though they’d lost touch over the years) had a car accident and TBI. What tragedies for those young people and all who love them.

Hi Teresa,

So very sorry to hear of your brother's passing.
Love sent to all of you, through such challenging times.

Lisa

Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. ❤️❤️

❤️:grouphug:🙏always to you dear Teresa. Prayers this finds you having a peaceful and happy in some wayTuesday. The same to each of you friends in this kind thread as well :)

Today marks 7 years since the day our family changed forever, March 24, 2016. Having recently moved to Florida from NJ with his dad and step-mom four months earlier, at just 25 years old my sweet Godson and nephew, Dominic, survived a horrific car accident and near-fatal drowning on his way from his dad's home in Cape Coral to visit his friend in Miami. They were lifelong friends who attended the same high school in NJ, and had been roommates at the University of Miami. Saying goodbye to his dad as he was off to visit his friend, who stayed in Miami after graduation, was the last time my brother heard Dom speak. Dom's life as he'd known it was gone in an instant. After spending three months in the hospital in Broward County, Florida, we were able to medical jet fly him home back here to NJ to be in a health care facility near his mom and sister. Over the years Dom's been in all types of rehab facilities, from acute care, to neuro-care, to sub-acute, to long-term care. He's had many many different treatments and therapeutics, including hyperbaric oxygen chamber sessions. We always have hope that one day Dom will "wake up" and that he'll get his miracle. We're fully aware that this miracle will probably not happen earth-side. His anoxic brain injury affected all areas of his brain, only leaving his brain stem functioning properly, which allows him to breath on his own, wake and sleep, and have intact reflexes. To have him talk to us one more time, or give us a hug would be the best gift in all the world. As the years have gone by Dom has experienced more health issues, especially more recently, so if you could keep Dom in your prayers that he be pain free, and as comfortable as possible, we would so appreciate it. Also pray for strength and peace for Dom's mom and sister, for Dom's dad, my brother, who went to heaven this past September after short and fatal cancer diagnosis, Dom's step-mom (who now lost her husband) and step-sister, Dom's 89 year old grandmom (my mom) who had to endure losing her husband at the too young age of 64 to a brief battle with cancer, her son (Dom's dad) at the age of 63, as well as her grandson Dominic's tragedy, and for the rest of our family, that we be able to support Dom in all his needs the best that we can for however long he has left on this earth. Thank you all so much.

"Vehicle crashes into canal along I-95

Dominic ….. 25, listed in critical condition

By - Digital Editor - Reporter

Posted: 9:11 PM, March 24, 2016 Updated: 12:29 PM, March 25, 2016

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. - Five firefighters and a Broward Sheriff's Office deputy jumped into a canal Thursday night to save a man whose white Nissan plunged into the water along the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 near Hillsboro Boulevard, authorities said.

"Together they all worked to rip the sunroof off the vehicle," Broward Sheriff's Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles said. "It was fully submerged (and) there was a man trapped inside."

Jachles said the driver, identified as Dominic ….., 25, of Cape Coral, didn't have a pulse when rescue crews got to him after smashing open the window of the sunroof.

According to an incident report, Dominic lost control of his car and veered off the roadway on the west shoulder of I-95 before he crashed through a fence and into the canal.

Rescuers were able to revive him and take him to Broward Health North in Pompano Beach, Jachles said.

"If you say that they went above and beyond, that's what they do," Jachles said. "That's what they're trained to do is to put their life in harm's way for others."

It remains unclear if severe weather in the area played a factor in the single-vehicle crash, but it was raining at the time, Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Mark Wysocky said.

Domininc….. is listed in critical condition."
EK_0005.JPG

EK_0013.JPG

EK_0027.JPG

EK_0030.JPG

EK_0034.JPG

EK_0041.JPG

EK_0043.JPG

Dom for FB.jpg

007.JPG

Only God & Dom.jpg

Teresa I don't know if I have commented before or not, but I have followed your posts on Dom for some time. My family experienced something very similar when my cousin was thrown from his vehicle and suffered a traumatic brain injury. He was only 20 at the time. He remained in a vegetative state in long term care for over ten years. I feel for your family. My prayers go out to all of you and to Dom. I know he is much loved.

Teresa I don't know if I have commented before or not, but I have followed your posts on Dom for some time. My family experienced something very similar when my cousin was thrown from his vehicle and suffered a traumatic brain injury. He was only 20 at the time. He remained in a vegetative state in long term care for over ten years. I feel for your family. My prayers go out to all of you and to Dom. I know he is much loved.

I'm so sorry, Joy. It is so awful for all involved. Thank you for your prayers.

Good afternoon everyone,

Prayers that this finds each of you safe, well, and enjoying a long weekend, too! As always, my sincere thanks to each of you for the kind and loving support you have given to our friend Teresa over so many years. She and Dom are always in my heart and prayers that's for sure. Dom's birthday is coming up very soon. I apologize for such short notice. God placed in my heart earlier today the idea to send him a card containing birthday prayers and wishes from us as a group. Please PM me a message you would like included before the end of Monday.

I will be PMing some of you who I know more personally or who I've noticed upon quick search seem to post more often in this lovely thread about this along with an extra idea, too.

Thank you all so much. God Bless You and always a hug and my thanks for your friendship to me as well.

:grouphug:

Not sure how I missed your update Theresa.

Thank you for sharing.

You are all always in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: I pray everyone is at peace and continue to have the strength as you all go this this journey and difficult time. I hope Dom is comfortable and free of pain. We are all thinking of you.

Hello my dear friends. Dom's 33rd birthday was this past Sunday, June 4th, and I am speechless with the birthday wishes he received from many of you, organized by sweet sweet @flyingdumbo127. Mona, you are the most thoughtful, selfless, kind person I have ever had the pleasure to know, and I pray that we get to meet in person someday. We spent a few hours with Dom on Sunday, and I'm sad to say I spent some of that time in the bathroom crying. It is just so heartbreaking to see him still laying there, frozen in his body, almost 7 1/2 years after the accident. His mom, Patty, and sister Cecilia, were also there. I try to hide my tears from them, as they have enough of their own emotions to deal with. Dom's health is deteriorating, as is expected for a person with his diagnosis. He's actually lived a few years past the life expectancy. His doctors/nutritionist/NP feel he should be on hospice, but most hospices won't accept him as long as he's still receiving a tube feeding, and obviously turning off his food is a non-negotiable. Once his body starts to reject it then that is a different story. His pressure wounds aren't healing and are getting deeper and larger, and he requires some oxygen now to keep his oxygen saturations up. He appears to be more uncomfortable, so he is receiving morphine via his peg tube regularly. I know you all do, but please say a few extra prayers for his mom and sister. It is really wearing on them seeing how Dom is going downhill, and witnessing his discomfort, knowing there isn't much you can do other than trying to keep him as clean and comfortable as possible. Your birthday wishes for Dom mean the world to Patty, and many a tear was shed in joy knowing how much Dom is cared for. We love you all.

Attachments

• Dom 33rd BD 1.jpeg
    Dom 33rd BD 1.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Dom 33rd BD 2.jpeg
    Dom 33rd BD 2.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Dom 33rd BD 3.jpeg
    Dom 33rd BD 3.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Dom 33rd BD 4.jpeg
    Dom 33rd BD 4.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 56
  • Dom 33rd BD 5.jpeg
    Dom 33rd BD 5.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 54
Hugs to you and yours, Teresa. I'm sorry i wasn't able to send a message to include with the birthday wishes for Dom; I'm facing some medical issues myself and forgot to respond. However... I hope his birthday was a tribute to everyone's memories and a celebration of Dom. It sounds like he is struggling and I can only imagine how difficult this is on all of you, but I'm glad he has caring, attentive folks by his side to keep him comfortable. Thank you for sharing as much as you can- some of us have followed Dom's story and remembered him in our prayers and thoughts for a long time and appreciate knowing how you all are doing. SO Happy Birthday to Dom, and peace and comfort to all.

Hello my dear friends. Dom's 33rd birthday was this past Sunday, June 4th, and I am speechless with the birthday wishes he received from many of you, organized by sweet sweet @flyingdumbo127. Mona, you are the most thoughtful, selfless, kind person I have ever had the pleasure to know, and I pray that we get to meet in person someday. We spent a few hours with Dom on Sunday, and I'm sad to say I spent some of that time in the bathroom crying. It is just so heartbreaking to see him still laying there, frozen in his body, almost 7 1/2 years after the accident. His mom, Patty, and sister Cecilia, were also there. I try to hide my tears from them, as they have enough of their own emotions to deal with. Dom's health is deteriorating, as is expected for a person with his diagnosis. He's actually lived a few years past the life expectancy. His doctors/nutritionist/NP feel he should be on hospice, but most hospices won't accept him as long as he's still receiving a tube feeding, and obviously turning off his food is a non-negotiable. Once his body starts to reject it then that is a different story. His pressure wounds aren't healing and are getting deeper and larger, and he requires some oxygen now to keep his oxygen saturations up. He appears to be more uncomfortable, so he is receiving morphine via his peg tube regularly. I know you all do, but please say a few extra prayers for his mom and sister. It is really wearing on them seeing how Dom is going downhill, and witnessing his discomfort, knowing there isn't much you can do other than trying to keep him as clean and comfortable as possible. Your birthday wishes for Dom mean the world to Patty, and many a tear was shed in joy knowing how much Dom is cared for. We love you all.

:grouphug:

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

My absolute thank you once more and always to all of you always for your continuing love and support, prayers, for our friend Teresa, Dom, and their family. :grouphug:as well extra for replying and so quickly, too, to me. I appreciate each of you. Thank you for your friendships, too.

:grouphug: ❤️dear Teresa. Thank you, my dear friend, for your kind words. How blessed I am God made us friends. That He used me to bring added joy to Dom's birthday meant so very much to me. All Glory to Him though always. You know also, likewise, I would love to get to meet you in person one day God willing to come.

Wednesday peace and joy to all! :)

Last edited:
I haven’t logged in to the DIS in several months and I’m sorry to hear Don’s health is deteriorating. Dom and all of his loved ones are in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter