Update: The Battle is Over

As Mskanga said below, we are now taking it one minute at a time. We recived the news we were dreading....no more chemo. They did another blood test today and it showed her kidneys were bad and she had zero blood platelets (I did not hear from the doc directly but from DH.) It seems that her heart is just not functioning enough to support her organs.

They are going to keep her in the hospital another day or two, and then send her home to hospice. The doctor did not give us a timeline, and we are not sure if we should be rushing to take off work, or wait in case her strength wills her to stay with us longer.

Thank you all again for your support through this...I'm still stunned at the speed of this.

Ty

Ty ;
I am sorry to hear the news. I will tell you though that I would be taking the time off from work now. Recovering from chemo treatments is hard enough on someone who does not have heart problems , I cannot imagine on your MIL's case with the compromised heart and other organs.
My suggestion is if possible take the time off now. Keeping you in our prayers.

I am so sorry to read this, but I agree with the others now is the time to be there and if that means taking time off.. I would do it.

Chemo is so difficult and while it sometimes takes out those cancer cells, it destroys good ones as well. I am there myself watching my husband and truly it is difficult.

Hugs to you and yours,
Marsha

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for all your thoughts, prayers, and advice. I know some of you have gone through or are going through this and you've all been a great bunch.

I'm sorry to say that my DMIL lost her battle early this morning. She passed away at home, gracefully, without pain, in her sleep. She was so giving and loved generously. All of your thoughts, well wishes, and prayers were greatly appreciated. We will miss her so much. She gave me a lot of my love for Disney and we've never been on a trip without her...we will be going back in September as planned as an honor to her. I'm only so very sorry that she will not be with us as she was so looking forward to staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time.

Thank you all again - you are a wonderful, kind, caring bunch of people.

Tracy

Tracy, I am very sorry for the loss of your DMIL, but thankful that she went without pain. :hug:

Tracy...please accept my heartfelt condolences.. I hate reading these and each time I do it brings the reality of this horrid disease to the forefront for those of us still in the battle.

I am so glad you will be going to WDW in her honor and staying at The Grand, she will be with you in spirit.

Please take care of yourselves these next few days......services etc. can be very difficult..

Many hugs,
Marsha

I'm sorry, TyRy. :hug: I'm sure your MIL appreciated how caring all of you were in her time of need.

TyRy, I am so sorry and really regret not being able to express myself in English as good as I would want to. I will be thinking of you and your family! I wish you that you will be able to celebrate her life in September as you are planning to do without being overwhelmed by grief. :hug:

Ty , I am so sorry about your DMIL passing ....and I am so sorry that everything happened so fast.

Two of my friends also lost their children to osteosarcoma this week , I HATE cancer more than you know. My prayers and thoughts remain with you.

I've mostly been a lurker on your trip reports and this thread too. We live not far from Berwyn so it kind of felt like I "knew" you. I'm so sorry you have lost her but thankful that she wasn't in pain. She will I'm sure be with you in Sept at your Grand Floridian stay. I will continue to pray for you and your family during this difficult time. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this news Tracy. I shall be thinking of you and your family during this time of grief and loss. Your DMIL certainly sounds like she was a special part of your life.

Big Koala cuddles to you.:hug:
Trish

I am so sorry for your loss. Your post show what a caring wonderful DIL you are and I am sure you MIL is looking down at you smiling right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter