Update to DCL Navigator App

But the trade off is that (as I understand it) once I log in and do my PIF I can see what will be going on every day of my cruise itinerary...something I will especially like now that my next cruise includes my friend who has never cruised before.
Yes, I can see my itinerary and plans but it takes 3 or 4 minutes to log in. Every time.

How do you get to the countdown? I have my reservations, but would like the countdown on the app.

is there a listing of what smartphones work with the new navigator app?
My LG Stylo2V works but Sansung Galaxy S7 doesn't seems to be able to download.
Also many question of ability to use onboard. Thanks

Can't help with a list of phones, but it requires the phone to be running Android 6.0 (marshmallow) or higher.

Apple devices must be running iOS 11 or higher.

Also many question of ability to use onboard. Thanks

I have a samsung galaxy s7 and it upgraded the app without issue. After logging in, clicking on each individual linked upcoming cruise reservation brings up it's own countdown clock.

Yes, I can see my itinerary and plans but it takes 3 or 4 minutes to log in. Every time.

Why does it take you three to four minutes to log in? I timed mine it took 12 seconds. From pressing the app logging in than have it come up.

Why does it take you three to four minutes to log in? I timed mine it took 12 seconds. From pressing the app logging in than have it come up.

Same here. It only takes me an extra second. I made my password for the app Touch ID, so I just put my thumb on the phone and voila, there it is. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the countdown and logging in and all of that. It's still there and it's easy. My phone saves my password info, so I'm not putting that in everytime.

I have Touch ID. So tap the app, tap log in, tap sign in, wait for Touch ID. Then click the reservation and wait for it to open. Then click See itinerary. Probably more like 1-2 minutes. But not 12 seconds on my phone. Plus today, I couldn’t even get the itinerary to load.
Maybe you have a nicer phone than I do.

update on Sansung S7 not liking new app. After more then 1/2 hr with Disney techies problem was resolved. Daughter (adult)had to open her own account, with her own password. And reinstall the app 3 times ( with the techie saying, I don't understand why..that made 3 of us). Now she can log into my account from her smartphone, like she always could on the PC. All this for 7 day cruise. But the good news, she arrives in Florida in 13 days and we cruise in 14. YEA!

I just got the Samsung s10. Sometimes I can get the fingerprint thing to work and sometimes I can't. Guess it takes practice to get it just right.

Last edited:
How do you get to the countdown? I have my reservations, but would like the countdown on the app.

After you log-in, the app should show your reservations. Just click on a reservation and it automatically takes you to the countdown for that cruise. You no longer input the cruise date yourself.

I just got the Samsung s10. Sometimes I can get the fingerprint thing to work and sometimes I can't. Guess it takes practice to get it just right.

Yeah, the S10 fingerprint sensor is finicky. I'm up to about 80% accuracy on the first try. You might want to re-registered your fingerprint. I found that registering my thumb on two different slots helped.

How do we have family log in that don’t have a Disney account? I am managing my family’s reservations (mom/dad/sister/etc). Will they each need an account?

I have an old Samsung Galaxy phone(about 5 yrs old). The app won't work now on my phone. Guess I'll be buying a new phone, I've been thinking about getting a newer one for a long time. I don't need a fancy phone that does a lot. I'm assuming the app will work on the new Galaxy s10, anyone have that phone and can tell me that the app works on it. Thanks

I just got the s10e - not only does the updated Navigator app work, my MDE app works for the first time in almost a year too!

Ughh! I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7, have re-installed the app twice, but when I click on the reservation, the app just shuts down. I'm already feeling cranky about not having the paper navigators delivered to our cabins the night before, and this is not helping my attitude toward this. I'd like both a functional app and a paper navigator! Or at least just one of these things. How do you reach Disney techies for assistance?

When I did a live chat with whoever from Disney and they suggested I call tech support. That is where I got the number. So back to emails with daughter...Found it.
Tech support M-F 8a-10p. 407 area code that's Florida. Here's the # 407-566-7000. Good Luck
Can't wait to see the confusion with this "new & improved" app once on board. Have a Magical Cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter