Update to Female Issues Thread (Update pg 4 12.19.16)

Tina my dear, for many years I had many of the issues you're suffering with, and at the age of 50 this was the best thing I ever did for myself. It's only natural to be nervous, but praise God, it's no more painful monthlies, no more cramps, and no more anemia. Honesty, it was the best thing I ever did for myself and like a new lease on life! With your great doctors and Soldier Boy's TLC, I have no doubt you will come through this with flying colors. I didn't read all the replies, so don't know if anyone suggested, but one site I found extremely helpful with great advise was: http://www.hystersisters.com/

Keep the faith and know there is light at the end of this tunnel, that unfortunately so many of us have traveled. You remain in many hearts and prayers and I send big :hug:'s and a guardian :littleangel: by your side. You can do this and all too soon will be time to get out that bright red lipstick!!! Chin up and we'll be waiting for an update!! :thumbsup2

Tina, prayers for you and your family during this time. DD25 had a hysterectomy last December 16th. She did get to keep her ovaries so no menopause there. She is so happy with her decision. No more pain and no more crazy periods. I am jealous of that part! Lol. She was in the hospital one night then went home. I stayed with her for 3 days then she was pretty good on her own with her DH's help.

I hope you do as great as she did. I was terrified for her (she wasn't at all!) but all was well.

Tina I hope htings went really well and you wake up today feeling up to surfing aroudn online and amusing yourself while you recover with your loving nurse by your side.

Definitely this! :)

Happy thoughts.

Hoping things went well for you Tina. Sending lots of good wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope you're up to visiting us on here soon!

Hi all
I'm home. Pretty drugged. Surgery was yesterday. Went well but lots damage from endometrosis in my pelvic area. I do have one ovary so no excuse for wanting smack someone today :)

Thank you all for the well wishes and good thoughts.
Glad to hear it. It was a pretty major procedure; unreasonable to expect you'd be able to instantly bounce back. Take it easy - be kind to yourself. :grouphug:

Thanks for making the effort to update us Tina. I am glad that things went well enough for you to be home already (so much easier to really rest and sleep well at home). I hope you force yourself to take it easy and let your handsome nurse take care of you and the house and anythign else that needs doing.

Hope you are feeling better every day and can enjoy the holidays and ring in the new year feeling fantastic!

Hi all
I'm home. Pretty drugged. Surgery was yesterday. Went well but lots damage from endometrosis in my pelvic area. I do have one ovary so no excuse for wanting smack someone today :)

Thank you all for the well wishes and good thoughts.

Did they use the robot for your procedure? Thankfully, they were able to use that on me, but it is still extremely painful. Hopefully, they were able to use that on you.

I hope you have a good and speedy recovery. I can't believe you are home already, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I also had a hysterectomy at a young age. I was 21 and had a 5lb malignant tumor on each ovary so everything came out. I am now 58. The first year was rough with the hot flashes but that was really the only symptom that I noticed. I have gained a lot of weight but don't think I can blame it all on the hysterectomy, maybe a little though!! I just had my first bone density test done yesterday as I have been without hormones for 37 years and had a fracture (my first )this year.

I hope you have a good and speedy recovery. I can't believe you are home already, I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I also had a hysterectomy at a young age. I was 21 and had a 5lb malignant tumor on each ovary so everything came out. I am now 58. The first year was rough with the hot flashes but that was really the only symptom that I noticed. I have gained a lot of weight but don't think I can blame it all on the hysterectomy, maybe a little though!! I just had my first bone density test done yesterday as I have been without hormones for 37 years and had a fracture (my first )this year.

I had mine on Wednesday as well and my doctor wanted to send me home that day. I am glad I did not go as I had a long ride home and was sick to my stomach. I actually wish I had stayed more than just 1 night, but they kicked me out! The bed at the hospital was actually much more comfortable to me for sleeping but oh well.

What did they do for the fracture? Praying it heals quickly for you.

Tina, thank you for updating us and good to hear things went well. Hope you get plenty of rest and TLC, so feel up to enjoying the holidays as much as tolerated. Sending :hug:'s and healing prayers, take good care. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter