• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update to stroller question!

npall

Mouseketeer
After all the wonderful suggestions I got here DH and I went tongith looking at the stroller everyone suggested. We ended up bying the Evenflo Featherlite stroller for $59 dollars. Beofre I got there I had set my mind on the Graco Kite Literider but guess what ? DS was too tall for it and that happened with the 5 other ones we tried from Chicco to Baby trend. This Evenflo is like a smaller version of the fullsize travel system one but it is very light (13 lbs) and fold very flat ( longer though.) My son fits in it comfortably and it reclines pretty far.

So thanks again to everyone here for all their suggestions! Now we're ready for our Disney trip!

Naomi

I was going to post to your earlier thread but didn't have time. When I went shopping for a stroller for DD for our Feb '02 trip I had my mind set on the graco kite, but ran into the same problem you did. She was too tall for it - her head was over the back of the seat (she's 22 months). We ended up getting the featherlite and LOVED it on our trip. I'm pregnant and was about 5 months along when we went and this stroller is so light I could fold it up and carry it onto the bus with no problem. I let DH carry the 29 pound "baby"! And, when it's folded up you can stand it upright which was great on the bus and while waiting for the bus. The basket is big enough to fit anything we'd need, the drink pockets on the back of the basket came in handy, and the swing away child tray and the parent's tray can't be beat. I really love this stroller :) Good luck with yours!:bounce:

BTW you got it for a great price! I got ours when it was on sale... it listed for $79 at TRU and I got it for $59.

Thanks for letting me know. I was still unsure but it was the only one that my son fit in comfortably. I am so happy now. I couldn't believe how light it was and I love the zipper pockets because if he is sleeping I can get to the basket from the side! My son will be 2 in May in is already 37 in tall.

BTW- I had to have the parent drink cup holder, especially at Disney. Hope you had a wonderful time on your trip.

Naomi

I have a combi SUVB... it is great. I think it weights about 10 lbs. The best part is the carrying strap. Folding it was strange the first time or 2 but now I can do it in no time flat. I have a 4 yr old so Iwanted something easy to carry but big enough for her at 40 inches and 35 lbs. It has the hightest weight limit of the light weight strollers, 45 lbs.

I just bought the Oshkosh featherlight for our next Disney trip but after seeing how it sits on the basket when it is folded, I decided I have to return it because everything will fall out of the open basket when we get on trams and buses. The basket is very narrow so our diaper bag won't fit in and carrying my son, the videocamera bag, and a stroller is enough, but then you have to carry a diaper bag and a backpack for all of the other stuff. I need to find one that folds over the basket like my Jeep cherokee but one that's lighter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter