• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated 12-24-20 (see post 21) No 2BRs or Studios at BWV at 11 months in any view category for Nov 2021

dismedvc

DIS Veteran
Tryin for the last 3 days to book a week in a 2BR at BWV for next November. There is no availability in any of the 3 view categories for the first night, so I can not book anything.
Obviously members are walking reservations. On Dec 9th 2020, no availability for November 9th 2021, but then on Dec 10th 2020 Nov 9th 2021 is available, but not Nov 10th.
Very frustrating, I understand NYE, but in 20 years of owning BWV I have never seen the first half of Nov unavailable at 11 months. Since our dates are flexible, I hope members are walking for Thanksgiving and I will be able to book early Nov as the walkers release those dates.

Any other thoughts on why this is happening?

I've seen it in early November in previous years although mostly limited to the time of the Wine and Dine race. Also I believe walking leads to more walking and most of it probably isn't necessary as you've seen with rooms being available after the fact. Couple in that people will feel that by fall the vaccinations will be done and there are saved up points to use and we're possibly finally seeing what will come from so many having delayed trips. I'm not really expecting anything to be "usual" for upcoming bookings.

I just sent in my deposit to add on a contract at BWV specifically to use for RunDisney weekends. This just deflated my happiness bubble a little. Whomp whomp.

Another factor could be the 50th anniversary. I know many are rebooking for next fall with the extra points and the expected celebrations.

Are you only interested in standard view? I just checked and preferred view 2 bedrooms are available for a week beginning 11/9 or later.

If you are only wanting standard view or Jersey week, I am not surprised. Rooms at BWV (and all near-park resorts) go quickly for that time. And people ate definitely walking the standard views, probably for Thanksgiving or early December.

Hope you get what you want.

We've owned at BWV since 2011, and it's very hard to get a 2 bedroom standard at 11 months, looking for Oct and Thanksgiving. It's 100% due to walking studios. If you look at the studio availability and 2 bedroom availability, they will be exactly the same. We love BWV and are very, very glad to have bought here, but not having dedicated 2 bedrooms is a huge PITA. We've always been able to get pool/garden view tho, but it's frustrating that we want a large unit, and it's n/a ONLY due to the studio portion being n/a.
I hope you can get the rooms you want. Keep checking daily!

Last edited:

I noticed it when booking CCV studio for Sept 2021. Nothing was available because I believe they were being walked fot the 50th. A few days later the availability showed up. I wish they would figure out a way to stop this from happening.

We bought BWV in 2003, and I needed 4 studios and a two bedroom standard view at BWV, for a December stay which was for my Mom’s 85th birthday. We had to call day by day and I got the stay, in all villas for 4 nights. That would not happen these days, I am 100% sure of that. It’s one of the reasons that I am so against walking. It’s not the DVC that I bought into.

Don’t forget Veterans Day is Thursday nov 11th making for a long weekend on top of jersey week. My husband and I grabbed a studio standard at the 11 month window. We both were ready at the bewitching 8:00am hour and he got through. It is definitely luck and the fastest clicker. Yes as mentioned if standard studio is gone, so is a standard 2 bedroom. A studio is required for both. My husband was so proud that he got through....he never participates in the fun of booking. We are cruising nov. 11th and/or nov. 14 depending on cancellations, so have to go through the motions of having a room prior. We also have to book next week for a room following tentative cruise.

... We are cruising nov. 11th and/or nov. 14 depending on cancellations, so have to go through the motions of having a room prior. We also have to book next week for a room following tentative cruise.
We have a cruise placeholder for November 12....so we miss you again.

pixiedust: For you snatching the room!

We have a cruise placeholder for November 12....so we miss you again.

pixiedust: For you snatching the room!

crazy. We are booked fantasy 3 night nov. 11th and fantasy 7 night nov. 14th. We sure do think alike. Fingers crossed for November cruises, though not sure how a b2b might be handled by then.

Are you only interested in standard view? I just checked and preferred view 2 bedrooms are available for a week beginning 11/9 or later.

Yesterday preferred was not available either so no 2BR's nor studios could be booked. At least 1 person walked on.

I booked a 2 BR standard room at BWV for Jersey week by booking one day at a time. I checked first thing at 8 am and off and on through the day. It took me five days. I also waitlisted, which Member Services said was almost certain to go through eventually, but I felt better grabbing the days as they came up.

Last edited:
I booked a 2 BR standard room at BWV for Jersey week by booking one day at a time. I checked first thing at 8 am and off and on through the day. It took me five days. I also waitlisted, which Member Services said was almost certain to go through eventually, but I felt better grabbing the days as they came up.

100% why I think wait lists should have an option to pick up any night as it becomes available as opposed to the "game" of needing to pick 2x single nights and slowly fill out the reservation.

Last Sunday I was able to book a 2BR pool/garden view room for 11/6->11/13, no problem. This morning I moved the reservation to 11/13->11/20 and was able to get a 2BR Boardwalk view room. So it is possible to get BWV rooms for November 2021.

Last edited:
@dismedvc, be aware that at this moment at 11:40 eastern, on Dec 13, BWV pool/garden view studios and 2BRs are available for a week for the time you were looking for. That includes any week starting on or after Nov 8, 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter