Updated Blue Bayou Menus!!!

My son remembers BB as "The pirate restaurant with good ice cream"

Can someone enlighten me on if it's ok for a family of three to order one monte Cristo sandwich and split it?

Does every member of your party have to order?

Last time we went, we got the three course meal thing with Fantasmic seating but that's obviously not an option now. Also that made it the most expensive meal of the trip.

Can someone enlighten me on if it's ok for a family of three to order one monte Cristo sandwich and split it?

Last time we went, we got the three course meal thing with Fantasmic seating but that's obviously not an option now. Also that made it the most expensive meal of the trip.
No, as long as you are not booked on a special menu as with Fantasmic there is no requirement. You can order whatever you like and split it any way you like. Splitting one sandwich three ways will make for a really quick meal is the only downside!

I dont think I would share it amongst 3 people because the size of the sandwich has shrunk- its effectively 1/2 sandwich then cut in 2 pieces.

I dont think I would share it amongst 3 people because the size of the sandwich has shrunk- its effectively 1/2 sandwich then cut in 2 pieces.
Yes! I don't know when you last went, but the MC used to be huge. My 3 girls and I would all split one!

Now it's much smaller, but I would still split it with one other person if I had someone to split with! My sister can't eat it and my girls are away at school/working. I do take the extra half with me and eat it for breakfast the next day :upsidedow

You go to BB primarily for the ambiance. I feel like it's Club 33 for the middle class. The food is good but I feel the food is actually better and cheaper at New Orleans cafe. But the fact that BB is one of the hardest ADRs at 60 days proves it's not over-priced.

I'm really excited for the new menu, which so closely resembles the menu of my childhood. I only wish I had seen it before my 60 day reservation window opened. Going to be keeping my eyes out for an opening.
Every time we dine here I am taken back to being a kid on my bday and feeling so fancy for getting a mint julep. Yes, I still order one (with a glow cube, natch!)

My 24 year old niece is an uber picky eater.....that being said....is there any way you can get like kids roast chicken dinner for her and pay the adult price.....

Last edited:
My 24 year old niece is an uber picky eater.....that being said....is there any way you can get like kids roast chicken dinner for her and pay the adult price.....
You can do this ... they will give double portion for double the price. Even a double portion will be very small. The kids portions are tiny at BB. This is the kids roasted chicken from May.
IMG_4023.JPG

You can do this ... they will give double portion for double the price. Even a double portion will be very small. The kids portions are tiny at BB. This is the kids roasted chicken from May.
View attachment 799359
looks about right. we order from the adult menu for our kids. They're 8 and 6. Now we go to New Orleans Cafe instead. If Tiana's is good, we may just stick to QS! Food price inflation is nuts.

I wish I had a picture of my grandson's meal at BB. He was 4 at the time and he got a very nice-sized steak and great sides. He loved it. I tried his steak and it was excellent (which I wasn't expecting), but that was almost 2 years ago. I'm a bit shocked at that chicken meal above.

Wow...I mean she eats like a bird but that portion size, even doubled, is pretty crazy!!!!
My child chose fruit and vegetables for his sides. Choosing rice (plain white) or mashed potatoes could make it more filling. But the protein portion is tiny. My other son ordered shrimp and I think it came with two medium-sized shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter