• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Updated Canada/US Border Rules Announced 19 July 2021

Did CVS say how much they charge by chance? Curative.com says their testing is free but the nearest one is about 25 minutes away. Walgreens concerns me only because their website specifically says they cannot guarantee results before travel. I wish they had the Rapid ID Now tests in Anaheim!!
They did not, and I couldnt really hear the lady on the phone. It was a horrible connection for some reason. I may try back again. I did check on the walgreens page and it lets you check the current processing times for the lab they use. It said 90 percent of tests are back within 24 hours. I just checked that curative site too. The Hawaiian gardens looked the closest, but we will for sure get lost trying to find it in a rental car. Lol. When we got tested in Orlando, they told us they couldn't guarantee the time either, and we got it back in under 48 hours. That was back in January. I will say i was quite nervous waiting though.

They did not, and I couldnt really hear the lady on the phone. It was a horrible connection for some reason. I may try back again. I did check on the walgreens page and it lets you check the current processing times for the lab they use. It said 90 percent of tests are back within 24 hours. I just checked that curative site too. The Hawaiian gardens looked the closest, but we will for sure get lost trying to find it in a rental car. Lol. When we got tested in Orlando, they told us they couldn't guarantee the time either, and we got it back in under 48 hours. That was back in January. I will say i was quite nervous waiting though.
Ya I thought Hawaiian gardens too. We won’t have a car so I’d have to Uber or taxi it anyway so I may keep that one in mind. You used them in Orlando? And they are in fact free even for travel? It seems like the most reliable would be City Hall’s 1 hour PCR or NAAT but those prices hurt! Especially since now my departure test here in Canada is going to cost me another $400 because I can’t do it at YVR.

Ya I thought Hawaiian gardens too. We won’t have a car so I’d have to Uber or taxi it anyway so I may keep that one in mind. You used them in Orlando? And they are in fact free even for travel? It seems like the most reliable would be City Hall’s 1 hour PCR or NAAT but those prices hurt! Especially since now my departure test here in Canada is going to cost me another $400 because I can’t do it at YVR.
No, we used the testing center that was state run on WDW property ( Maingate testing facility). It's closed now though. I just meant I think they all say they can't guarantee a turn around time, but at this stage in the game, most results are pretty quick. This is the link when you go to the walgreens site and look at the questions section. When it says "how and when will i receive my results" it has a link to their lab.

https://www.aegislabs.com/our-services/covid19-testing/
One more thing.....i feel like when I was looking, CVS had an age limit for tests. Walgreens was 3 and up. I could be wrong though. I have looked at sooooo many different testing options, they all blur together now 😂.

No, we used the testing center that was state run on WDW property ( Maingate testing facility). It's closed now though. I just meant I think they all say they can't guarantee a turn around time, but at this stage in the game, most results are pretty quick. This is the link when you go to the walgreens site and look at the questions section. When it says "how and when will i receive my results" it has a link to their lab.

One more thing.....i feel like when I was looking, CVS had an age limit for tests. Walgreens was 3 and up. I could be wrong though. I have looked at sooooo many different testing options, they all blur together now 😂.
And yes, Walgreens said they were free and for travel, and for Canadians. I phoned the one on katella.....they dont test, but assured me the other ones in the area do. So I hope that info is correct. I may phone again and see if I get the same answer.

And yes, Walgreens said they were free and for travel, and for Canadians. I phoned the one on katella.....they dont test, but assured me the other ones in the area do. So I hope that info is correct. I may phone again and see if I get the same answer.
Thanks for this, you've been so helpful! If Walgreen's is free I'll maybe just go that route. I have to get a taxi anyway so if I have to go to a further location it's not a huge deal.

Thanks for this, you've been so helpful! If Walgreen's is free I'll maybe just go that route. I have to get a taxi anyway so if I have to go to a further location it's not a huge deal.
No problem. Also, i tried a booking run through today. It looks like you can schedule an appt. only 3 days in advance. But even when I looked this afternoon, there were still appts. for today. Never the less, I guess it's probably safer to book 3 days ahead, just to make sure you get an appt. There are like 6 Walgreens pretty close to DL, one on Ball Rd, one on Euclid St, the webpage lists them all on a map when you try to book. Good luck!!! Worst case scenario, LAX has PCR testing with like an hour or 2 turn around. They are $125 I think, but at least could be done at the airport if all else fails!

https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely#CovidTest

I haven't but a friend of mine did last month. He said they booked ahead of time online and that it was very quick and efficient. They had their results in about half an hour.

Edited to add we have 2.5 hour layover at YVR so I'm thinking we may go this route unless they set up a testing site at the Prince George airport. Nothing yet but I've heard rumblings that they might yet.
Good to know. I have my test booked for Saturday about 3.45 hrs before flight. Didn’t want to cut it too close. Figuring we’ll have lunch at the airport or something snacky. We also have a 3 hr layover in SeaTac before our red-eye so dinner in SeaTac. The YVR testing place is near the Airport Fairmont. May be a nice place to go for some appies. They have a nice lounge.

If you go on the Ontario website and do the back to school screening, the moment you select 'yes' beside, has this person be outside of Canada in the past 14 days, a big red X is displayed which states my child cannot go to school.

There are no questions re: vaccinations. The same rules apply to adults working in the school setting as I tried that too for a friend who is a teacher and also had a Disney trip booked in August.

View attachment 591859

View attachment 591860

This is who it stats are exempt from federal quarantine requirements:

View attachment 591861

All of these pictures are from the official Ontario COVID-19 school screening.

If you feel the Ontario website is out of date @Kebby, please provide a link to where you are seeing something different published by the province of Ontario or country of Canada. I go to those for my sources as opposed to news websites.

I'd love to be wrong about this but so far, I can't find anything official that says differently. Thanks.

This was revised on Monday this week to reflect the new guidance. Now the screening question asks if you left Canada AND we’re advised to quarantine.

This was revised on Monday this week to reflect the new guidance. Now the screening question asks if you left Canada AND we’re advised to quarantine.

I don't see any changes in the school screening yet to reflect vaccination status. Which link are you using?

I don't see any changes in the school screening yet to reflect vaccination status. Which link are you using?

Using the Google form and paper version sent out my my son’s TDSB school on Monday (he’s at a school daycare that has to follow TDSB protocols).

Not surprised that schools aren’t updating yet as they are not in session.

The paper is with him at the moment but I will try to remember to take a pic and post later.

I saw online that the CDC was discontinuing approval/use of the PCR test as of December 31. I wonder if it will make it harder or easier to find tests that JT will let us back into Canada with? Or maybe our testing requirements will change?

This makes my head want to explode lol. Of course they would do that!!!! That is their whole plan.

It is really a numbers game. The virus takes 7-10 days for you to testing positive...and if your trip is 7 days....chances are your NOT going to test positive until AFTER you get home. It really seems like they want to see how many hoops people will jump through to travel again (myself included) . I am just going to wait a little bit more to see what is going to happen in Aug with the boarder and announcements from the US side. It all seems like a cr@p shoot about what the new requirements. But I guess this is how travel will be for the next couple of years

I think CVS might be the best option for DLR but I can't make an appointment online @ the Katella location with a Canadian address so not really sure what to do. My plan was to make the LAX PCR my back up, but wanted to find a location in Anaheim to get the test ~72 hours prior to flying home. If I can figure out CVS, that would be ideal.

I think CVS might be the best option for DLR but I can't make an appointment online @ the Katella location with a Canadian address so not really sure what to do. My plan was to make the LAX PCR my back up, but wanted to find a location in Anaheim to get the test ~72 hours prior to flying home. If I can figure out CVS, that would be ideal.

Everyone has been using their hotel address.

Please keep us posted on how you make out with the CVS testing! We’re headed to DLR as well and planned to use the CVS with the Anaheim City Hall testing site as a back up.

Please keep us posted on how you make out with the CVS testing! We’re headed to DLR as well and planned to use the CVS with the Anaheim City Hall testing site as a back up.

I will. Will be at DLR Aug 16-20, but I'm having extreme anxiety now about what to do if we test positive trying to come home despite being fully vaxxed and planning to wear masks the whole time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter