All this talk of CashApp made me go look it up. Is it mainly a payment platform such as Venmo or PayPal, except that you can also use it at some retailers, plus you can sometimes get discounts at those retailers?

Trying to decide if I want to get it or not.

The CashApp is going to be YMMV for each person. Not everyone gets the same offers. I had the 20% offer and after using it, I did not get another Target offer the next day.
same with my son's account. He had the 10% off for a while, but then that dropped off and he got the 20%. Once I used the 20% last night (finally got his card!) there wasn't another target offer today.

For those of you with a cash app card for someone in addition to yourself, do you just sign in and out of accounts on your own phone, or do you have to have the other person do it on their phone?

For those of you with a cash app card for someone in addition to yourself, do you just sign in and out of accounts on your own phone, or do you have to have the other person do it on their phone?
you can't have 2 accounts with the same phone #. I set up my sons account on his phone.

I signed up for CashApp last year but never used it. Now I went into the App and it wants my full SSN (not just the last 4). Is this site safe?

All this talk of CashApp made me go look it up. Is it mainly a payment platform such as Venmo or PayPal, except that you can also use it at some retailers, plus you can sometimes get discounts at those retailers?

Basically, yes, that is my understanding of it. The transfers are instant though - not like Venmo where it takes a few days, and they are linked to your debit card.

It’s like a payment platform meets a bank, it’s a FinTech basically. All we are using it for around here is the debit card feature to access the boosts. I finally got it a few weeks ago and I’m annoyed with myself I didn’t bother sooner. I know boosts come and go but right now I see 10% Starbucks, Target, McD, TacoBell, Subway, Chipotle, Panda- even when Target disappears the savings will help with the fast food budget 😆

General CashApp Q- does the Home Depot offer work in store? I vaguely remember buying 3rd party gc there a couple years back on a cc offer.

If you're still unsure or want more in depth information, I recommend going to HearMeFolks includes images, step by step and more.
It's also listed in Post #6 Cashback (CB) Portals Discounted Gift Card Websites & Apps

It’s like a payment platform meets a bank, it’s a FinTech basically. All we are using it for around here is the debit card feature to access the boosts. I finally got it a few weeks ago and I’m annoyed with myself I didn’t bother sooner. I know boosts come and go but right now I see 10% Starbucks, Target, McD, TacoBell, Subway, Chipotle, Panda- even when Target disappears the savings will help with the fast food budget 😆

General CashApp Q- does the Home Depot offer work in store? I vaguely remember buying 3rd party gc there a couple years back on a cc offer.

I haven't tried it but I see no reason why Home Depot wouldn't work in store. You would need to use Apple Pay (or equivalent) or the physical card of course. It doesn't say you must use it online or in the app - it just says 10% off each order.

Mine says expires in 21 hours though!

My Chase Disney visa had this offer and they have Disney gift cards. Mine is up to $7 and my husband’s is up to $8.

Thanks for posting! I looked though the ad but didn't see a sale on gc. When you sign in your Food Lion account are there any coupons to clip for gc? Your offer has been added to the following:

Food Lion
Buy Disney Gift Cards with the offer listed below
Credit Cards & More
  • Food Lion Disney Visa Offer: Various offers
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • PayPal, Samsung Pay & Google Pay

I haven't tried it but I see no reason why Home Depot wouldn't work in store. You would need to use Apple Pay (or equivalent) or the physical card of course. It doesn't say you must use it online or in the app - it just says 10% off each order.

Mine says expires in 21 hours though!
My local Home Depot does not take Apple Pay. Tried to use cashapp on Apple Pay the other day. I didn't have my physical card yet.

So, weirdly when I went to install the CashApp I see that I already have it... there is a small local coffee shop near my house who suggested it as a way to join their 'rewards' program (they aren't big/rich enough to have a major app like Starbucks). I actually don't know how that works specific to that coffee shop (or maybe I misunderstood them) but I have it and I just requested they send me a debit card (because it seems I need a physical card sometimes???)

Still trying to figure out how to add it to Apple Pay so that I won't NEED the physical card.

And then I guess I need to learn how to use it!

So, weirdly when I went to install the CashApp I see that I already have it... there is a small local coffee shop near my house who suggested it as a way to join their 'rewards' program (they aren't big/rich enough to have a major app like Starbucks). I actually don't know how that works specific to that coffee shop (or maybe I misunderstood them) but I have it and I just requested they send me a debit card (because it seems I need a physical card sometimes???)

Still trying to figure out how to add it to Apple Pay so that I won't NEED the physical card.

And then I guess I need to learn how to use it!
On the bottom of the cash app you will see a box with a dot - that is the debit card. Tap that and then you will see the digital debit card and your current selected offer if you have one.. Under that, a little way down, it says "Add Card to Apple Pay."

My local Home Depot does not take Apple Pay. Tried to use cashapp on Apple Pay the other day. I didn't have my physical card yet.
Mine doesn't take Apple Pay either. It's a PITB since I use Apple Pay almost exclusively now. I have to remember to take my credit card with me when I shop there or at Menards.

On the bottom of the cash app you will see a box with a dot - that is the debit card. Tap that and then you will see the digital debit card and your current selected offer if you have one.. Under that, a little way down, it says "Add Card to Apple Pay."
I've opened a ticket with their support- I don't seem to have that option nor an option to 'unlock' my car, even after clearing the app data.

Did anyone else buy physical Disney GCs with the most recent Chase walmart.com offer? I bought 3 $100 cards - 2 in separate transactions on one day, and 1 a few days later. I’ve now gotten emails for all 3 that delivery has been delayed. Anyone else?
I bought one $100 and it was delivered last week.

Thanks for posting! I looked though the ad but didn't see a sale on gc. When you sign in your Food Lion account are there any coupons to clip for gc? Your offer has been added to the following:

Food Lion
Buy Disney Gift Cards with the offer listed below
Credit Cards & More
  • Food Lion Disney Visa Offer: Various offers
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • PayPal, Samsung Pay & Google Pay
I don’t believe so. I usually get the 10% cash back and my Disney Visa gives another 2%. Not as good as some people get, but I’m happy with 12%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter