Hi All, I'm not sure whether there is a better place to ask but I figured someone here would know.
I am in the process of adding a few Disney GCs to my Disney Gift Card 'account' and most of them worked, but there is one that I've tried multiple times and it says "An error occurred while attempting to add your card. Please try again."

I am thinking this indicates the card itself hasn't been activated; does that sound about right? They all came from Shop Disney but this is the only one returning that error.

Hi All, I'm not sure whether there is a better place to ask but I figured someone here would know.
I am in the process of adding a few Disney GCs to my Disney Gift Card 'account' and most of them worked, but there is one that I've tried multiple times and it says "An error occurred while attempting to add your card. Please try again."

I am thinking this indicates the card itself hasn't been activated; does that sound about right? They all came from Shop Disney but this is the only one returning that error.

There are a couple of things that could have occurred; the gc wasn't activated or the funds are gone.

Log in, add the card #'s and look in history. If the card hasn't been activated I believe you need to contact ShopDisney Customer Service and if the funds are gone you'll need to email CS.

There are a couple of things that could have occurred; the gc wasn't activated or the funds are gone.

Log in, add the card #'s and look in history. If the card hasn't been activated I believe you need to contact ShopDisney Customer Service and if the funds are gone you'll need to email CS.
I should have thought of that.

This is the message I get when I try:

1663544267334.png

I'm able to add $0 funds cards to the site as long as they have once been activated. If it was a compromised card, I think she'd still be able to load it and then would see the funds being loaded and spent.

View attachment 703344
Hmmm, I know my transaction history on their site has been wonky since about 9/5. Cruise deposits I know I made on a given card aren't showing, but the balance difference still reflects that I spent those funds

When I called today, the rep picked up quickly and was able to verify the full transaction history even though I wasn't seeing it on their site. I'd call.

Definitely try again, log out and log back in to the DGC website, try a different browser, reboot your computer -- when I am adding a lot of gift cards to my account to combine them, sometimes I have an error like this. Sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes and try again too and then it works.

I’ve had the same issue. Had a friend with a card that had about $80 left in it that I was going to buy from her. Was with her when she used it, so know what purchases she made(last years F&W), and she knew I would be back well before her. I know it had funds and was not compromised, but I was NEVER able to add to the site.

Definitely try again, log out and log back in to the DGC website, try a different browser, reboot your computer -- when I am adding a lot of gift cards to my account to combine them, sometimes I have an error like this. Sometimes I have to wait 10 minutes and try again too and then it works.
So I've tried two different browsers as well as trying again after a restart... same message.

Will try again tomorrow from work... *sigh*

Mine is spend $140 get $15. Debating if I should buy one for $200 , don’t want to miss out on it triggering as a single purchase if I do one for $100 and one for $50
It can be multiple cards, as long as they are both the same type of shipping. So all e-cards or all physical cards, not a mix.

Target Circle bonuses go by the subtotal, right? The total before other discounts and coupons. If I'm reading the terms correctly.
Yep. Last time my deal was to spend $100. I bought a $100 card with my Red Card. So I paid $95 and got the $10 bonus.

Added Offer ~ 9/19/22

Discount District
Best Buy Online: Save on Select Gift Cards
  • Buy $50 Chili’s eGift Card for $45
  • Buy $50 Famous Daves eGift Card for $45
  • Buy $100 Amtrak eGift Card for $90
  • Direct Link
  • Expiry date unknown.

Best Buy Online One Day Digital Gift Card Sale
  • $50 Dave & Buster’s for $42.50
  • $25 Dave & Buster’s for $21.25
  • $149 Cinemark for $126.65
  • $99 Cinemark for $84.15
  • $50 Cinemark for $42.50
  • $25 Cinemark for $21.25
  • $100 Fanatics for $85
  • $50 Fanatics for $42.50
  • $25 Fanatics for $21.25
  • $100 MLB Shop for $85
  • $50 MLB Shop for $42.50
  • $25 MLB Shop for $21.25
  • Direct Link
  • Expires 9/19/22
Best Buy Chase Offers Exp 9/20/22 UP
Best Buy Citi Offer Exp 9/25/22 Post #10323
Cashback Monitor
Best Buy also accepts PayPal, Discover 5% 3Q.

Last edited:

View attachment 703344
Did you call and try to get the balance? If you still get an error message when calling, then you’ll need to talk to someone. I just had this happen to a card that I had several hundred dollars on from combined cards. When I went back to add it to my account to add funds, I got that message. Ended up being told fraud and then had to try to call Disney Asset protection. It took some persistence on my part but I finally spoke to someone and they said it was just a mistake on their part🤦‍♀️

Did you call and try to get the balance? If you still get an error message when calling, then you’ll need to talk to someone. I just had this happen to a card that I had several hundred dollars on from combined cards. When I went back to add it to my account to add funds, I got that message. Ended up being told fraud and then had to try to call Disney Asset protection. It took some persistence on my part but I finally spoke to someone and they said it was just a mistake on their part🤦‍♀️
Have not tried calling... will try that later today also!

I know some of you are back from vacation hopefully you can use this freebie!

Walgreens: 1 Free 5×7 Photo Magnet With Promo Code FREE-MAG

Hurry over to Walgreens.com where you can score a Free 5×7 Photo Magnet when you use promo code FREE-MAG at checkout!

Even better, you can choose free in-store pickup and grab your order in as little as an hour and save on shipping charges!

Comments: Note: not all Wags do the magnet printing. I had to select a store a few miles away vs the closer store I normally shop (since my normal store does not do magnet printing).

To learn more go to Hip2Save

Yes. I purchased a single $100 DGC, paid $95 and the bonus did trigger.
And I won’t see the $10 when checking out right? It won’t show up until the transaction is finalized and then it will be in my Circle cash amount? Trying to buy e-gift card, not in store.

Happy to say I was able to easily and without any fuss use my $107 Happy Gift Card to buy a Disney Gift Card at GameStop today! Interestingly even though the cards being sold there said it could be any value between $25-$500 the cashier said they could only put a maximum of $100 on it. I asked if they could do $107 and they had no issue though. Thanks to all who mentioned this deal. $85 for $107 is pretty good, essentially 20% off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter