Important Update Lowe’s: Buy $100 Choice Gift Cards & Get $15 Lowe’s Gift Cards Free

Update 12/10/22: Apparently Blackhawk Network (which is the company running this promotion rather than Lowe’s themselves) is only sending out $5 Lowe’s eGift cards rather than $15 cards. GCG

Lowe’s: Fair Warning

I understand, but if the weekly ad is displayed online I think you're good to go.
Right?, I really don't know so I am asking. We don't have a ShopRite nearby and I'm not familiar how things are set up.

I believe the new ad is simply being carried over for the following week.
Some Shop Rites are better. They are a chain but are run individually. Whoever runs mine sucks because you can’t use credit cards to buy gift cards. Cashiers need approval when you buy gift cards from the manger to verify you paid in cash or debit card. And then managers have to approve anytime you have a coupon over $5.
And anytime something doesn’t ring up right they want you to show where it is in the print Ad they have at customer service.

My pretty girl getting her holiday groom. Met Santa by chance afterwards. They were telling me that they were booked solid but people weren’t showing up. Felt bad for them that their time was being wasted. Loved how much I was able to save on her groom though between my coupon and discounted GCs!

Attachments

• 73343D40-1870-483A-8EA7-D6F13F7FB8EE.jpeg
    73343D40-1870-483A-8EA7-D6F13F7FB8EE.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 591E602A-3D0E-4529-B883-826647F33C0E.jpeg
    591E602A-3D0E-4529-B883-826647F33C0E.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 5
Some Shop Rites are better. They are a chain but are run individually. Whoever runs mine sucks because you can’t use credit cards to buy gift cards. Cashiers need approval when you buy gift cards from the manger to verify you paid in cash or debit card. And then managers have to approve anytime you have a coupon over $5.
And anytime something doesn’t ring up right they want you to show where it is in the print Ad they have at customer service.
What a drag! It sounds so frustrating.

When something doesn't ring up correctly, do you get anything for it?
Here in Michigan we have: Michigan's Scanner Law - The Shopping Reform and Modernization Act

I had one CS gal tell me, Oh, we don't participate in that. I wasn't trying to be rude but I couldn't help but laugh.. a lot! I could barely get out manager please. lol!

My pretty girl getting her holiday groom. Met Santa by chance afterwards. They were telling me that they were booked solid but people weren’t showing up. Felt bad for them that their time was being wasted. Loved how much I was able to save on her groom though between my coupon and discounted GCs!
Beautiful! :love:

I'd love to get a photo taken with my pups and Santa at our mall. They did some major upgrades and it's just amazing!
1670704617739.png

Here in Michigan we have: Michigan's Scanner Law - The Shopping Reform and Modernization Act

I had one CS gal tell me, Oh, we don't participate in that. I wasn't trying to be rude but I couldn't help but laugh.. a lot! I could barely get out manager please. lol!
They are supposed to give you the item for free (only 1, if you bought more than one then the others you get for the sale price). But no, they’ve never done that for their mistakes. If they weren’t less than 5 minutes down the road I surely wouldn’t shop there. I live in a state that has bottle deposits and this Shop Rite requires people to take their bottle return receipts to customer service to get their money back…every other store I’ve ever shopped in here lets people redeem them at checkout (they get a barcode from the return machine). It’s like they want to make shopping there as tedious as possible.
The menfolk went to another Kohl's close by and this gc rack was by the front entrance! Woot!
View attachment 724261
I wanted Home Depot, but the store I went to was out this morning. Ended up getting $125 Amazon, $50 Best Buy and $25 Apple (kids have a manga subscription that I pay through iTunes). So my 2 offers were used up.

In NJ there is no such law, in fact, Walmart here is absolutely the worst as their prices on the shelf are very often wrong and if you go to customer service, they will only give you what you were charged extra and nothing else (I guess they figure that most people aren't going to wait on line 10 minutes to get 40 cents back.) They also don't care to bother to correct the wrong prices - at one point they had the wrong price on something in the bakery department and for 3 months straight (12 weeks in arow) I went up to customer service every week and they never bothered to correct the price. Unfortunately, because there is no accountability they don't seem to care.

I understand, but if the weekly ad is displayed online I think you're good to go.
Right?, I really don't know so I am asking. We don't have a ShopRite nearby and I'm not familiar how things are set up.

I believe the new ad is simply being carried over for the following week.
Double check to see if your local store is participating before purchasing. In the linked weekly ad for another location I see where the gift card offer should be. I got the paper version of my local store ad and the offer is not in it.

I also do not have it in the printed ad, but it shows in the online ad for my store.
I would definitely double check with customer service first because Shoprite is notorious for messing up in their ads especially with the gift card promos so it wouldn't be the first time.

Jersey Mike's is offering a free regular sub for every $25 gift card purchase. My Amex has a $5 off $15 at Jersey Mike's that you can use twice. So I got $50 worth of gift cards for $40 plus 2 free subs!
Also used an Amex offer for $3 off $10 at Taco Bell, which could be used twice. I purchased gift cards that I will use one night when I just don't feel like cooking.
Another Amex offer was 10% off an insurance payment with a max of $15. So switched my monthly payment for December from my checking account to the Amex.

My $50 from RMN just hit my account from my 10/27 shop Disney DGC purchase, I have one more purchase from 10/30 so hoping that should go through as well. This was my first time trying RMN and thankful it worked but from seeing reports of purchases in November or later not tracking I think I will take my win and probably not try again.

They are supposed to give you the item for free (only 1, if you bought more than one then the others you get for the sale price). But no, they’ve never done that for their mistakes. If they weren’t less than 5 minutes down the road I surely wouldn’t shop there. I live in a state that has bottle deposits and this Shop Rite requires people to take their bottle return receipts to customer service to get their money back…every other store I’ve ever shopped in here lets people redeem them at checkout (they get a barcode from the return machine). It’s like they want to make shopping there as tedious as possible.

I wanted Home Depot, but the store I went to was out this morning. Ended up getting $125 Amazon, $50 Best Buy and $25 Apple (kids have a manga subscription that I pay through iTunes). So my 2 offers were used up.
Did Kohls let you split tender and use 2 different credit cards for the purchase?

I went early in the morning when there weren’t many people. I told the cashier I wanted to pay as 2 separate transactions. So $100 in GC for each credit credit card.

I've done this at kohls and office depot for both offers. I'd have gone back to get in line but there also weren't lines which is why I asked. Even on black Friday I was able to do 2 and 3 transactions at the two stores. Kohls system is so quick so the 2 prob take as long as 1 at OD which is so slow. Sometimes I explain why and they get it.

Added Offers ~ 12/11/22

Discount District

Albertsons Companies:
Safeway:
  • Earn 10x points when buying $25+ Red Robin gift cards at Safeway, Albertsons & other Just For U stores.
Family Dollar:
Meijer:
  • Buy $100+ Select Gift cards & Get $15 Meijer gift card free:
Office Depot/OfficeMax:
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $25 back in Rewards
    • Includes: DoorDash, JCPenney, Spafinder, Total Wine and Uber.
    • Limit $25 in Rewards per member.
    • Limit 1 per household/business.
    • Direct link to offer.
    • Expires 12/17/22. GCG
  • Office Depot/Max Chase Offers: 10% Back at (up to $11 Back)
    • Expires 12/31/22. DOC
Publix:
1670784533087.png

• Buy $50 Choice, Giving Good, Happy or One4all Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Groceries
    • Minimum grocery spend $50
    • Limit one coupon per household
    • Extra Savings - Weekly Ad
    • Expires 12/16/22

Really depends on your needs, that thread may be good. I am a huge fan of the Venture X (I travel internationally at least once a year, find it saves me on airplane food and hotels). LOVE IT. However, Chase sapphire has far better trip insurance. I also carry their preferred card for that reason.

I agree the Venture X is a great card and struggled between it and AMEX Plat but eventually went with AMEX Plat due to Centurion lounges at my home airport and at the international destinations I travel to most often. I want to give a shoutout to Bilt Mastercard since it is such a unique card: you can earn rewards on rent payments. Both my kids live off-campus and I set up recurring payments on the card and Wells Fargo (card issuer) automatically sends the monthly rent checks to the landlord with no fees on either tenant or landlord AND I earn 1% reward on total rent amount. You also earn 2x on travel, 3x on dining, 1x everything else. Must make 5 purchases each month (rent counts as one purchase) and there is no annual fee, which is really rare for cards that allow rewards to transfer to travel partners which this card does. Transfer partners include Hyatt, IHG, American, United and a few international airlines. Points can also be redeemed for rent and down payment. There is also 2X$5 DoorDash credit per month and $60 Lyft credit per year (after 3 rides). Solid trip cancellation insurance, rental car insurance and also cell phone insurance included, along with standard Mastercard benefits and purchase protection. Even if you don't pay rent, this is a great card for everyday spending since there is no annual fee and you get the DD and Lyft credits, along with all the travel benefits and no foreign transaction fee.

I agree the Venture X is a great card and struggled between it and AMEX Plat but eventually went with AMEX Plat due to Centurion lounges at my home airport and at the international destinations I travel to most often. I want to give a shoutout to Bilt Mastercard since it is such a unique card: you can earn rewards on rent payments. Both my kids live off-campus and I set up recurring payments on the card and Wells Fargo (card issuer) automatically sends the monthly rent checks to the landlord with no fees on either tenant or landlord AND I earn 1% reward on total rent amount. You also earn 2x on travel, 3x on dining, 1x everything else. Must make 5 purchases each month (rent counts as one purchase) and there is no annual fee, which is really rare for cards that allow rewards to transfer to travel partners which this card does. Transfer partners include Hyatt, IHG, American, United and a few international airlines. Points can also be redeemed for rent and down payment. There is also 2X$5 DoorDash credit per month and $60 Lyft credit per year (after 3 rides). Solid trip cancellation insurance, rental car insurance and also cell phone insurance included, along with standard Mastercard benefits and purchase protection. Even if you don't pay rent, this is a great card for everyday spending since there is no annual fee and you get the DD and Lyft credits, along with all the travel benefits and no foreign transaction fee.

This is convo that should be in the cc thread.

I have a question....
What is going on when I get the message that says "We are unable to check the balance on your card at this time. Please call the number on the back for assistance"? It is only one card and it is a card that I have used for YEARS. I use it as my "master dining" card, I bought it from ShopDisney, probably 10+ years ago, and I always transfer my eCards and other cards to it. I have never purchased from a 3rd party and I usually get my gift cards from either Target or ShopDisney. I do not get the same "error" when I tried to check my "master DVC dues" cards, as they show the correct balances. It does not appear to be a problem with my account, but rather the card itself.

I tried to transfer $25 to it yesterday and got an error message as well so it is almost as if the card is "locked". I used the physical card in WDW as recently as October of this year so I don't think it should be an issue with the card itself. According to my records, the card should have about $288 on it so it's not a life-changing amount, but it is about 25% of my dining budget for my 2023 trip so I don't want to lose it.

Any ideas??

Last edited:
Just wanted to confirm but does Kohl's sell Disney GCs in-store? Have several Chase offers for 20% off I want to use.

question on RMN- I see on my acct the dis gc's on 10/23 were approved- however my acct shows $0... how/where do I see the cashback? ALso question on rakuten and shopdis- will the straight gc purchase be good to get that 10%? I can't recall if that worked thru that site....thanks(I have the 10% on a few chase cards)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter