Dumb question - :rolleyes:

If I buy 4x fuel points Kroger gift cards today and get Princess cruise line gift cards (and should that be physical gift cards or e-gift cards?) - I can use them towards my account on the ship, right? I have to put my cc number in the account, but I can still go to guest services and pay any charges down with a Princess gift card. First time crusing Princess - we are normally DCL cruisers so I want to make sure that buying gift cards during 4x's fuel points is not an exercise in futility and is not "wasting my money".

If you go in store to purchase remember to use a card that earns at a high rate on grocery store purchases. Online is Blackhawk Network which doesn't yield as much.

Princess cruise line gift cards
  • Redeem your gift card when booking online, through Cruise Personalizer or by calling your travel advisor.
  • Also redeemable on board at the Passenger Services Desk
  • Direct link
Hope this help!

On my BJ's account I have a $10 off any purchase coupon. It says "Exclusively For You" so it might be targeted. This is the fine print.

"In-Club Coupon : Coupon supported by manufacturer funding. Coupon valid at all BJ’s Wholesale Club locations. Required purchase within effective dates necessary. Limit one offer per coupon. One coupon per Member. May not be combined with other BJ’s coupons. Void if altered, reproduced, copied, transferred or prohibited by law. No cash value. Availability, selection and pricing may vary by Club or BJs.com. Items available only while supplies last. Prices are subject to change at any time. State and local laws may require sales tax to be charged on BJ’s pre-discounted price if the product is subject to sales tax."

I also received an email saying to "click or tap to scratch and win" When I did it said I won a free 40pk of Wellesley Farms purified water. However I can't see how to add it to my account once on the BJ's site.

On my BJ's account I have a $10 off any purchase coupon. It says "Exclusively For You" so it might be targeted. This is the fine print.

"In-Club Coupon : Coupon supported by manufacturer funding. Coupon valid at all BJ’s Wholesale Club locations. Required purchase within effective dates necessary. Limit one offer per coupon. One coupon per Member. May not be combined with other BJ’s coupons. Void if altered, reproduced, copied, transferred or prohibited by law. No cash value. Availability, selection and pricing may vary by Club or BJs.com. Items available only while supplies last. Prices are subject to change at any time. State and local laws may require sales tax to be charged on BJ’s pre-discounted price if the product is subject to sales tax."
Thanks for posting! Expiry date?

I also received an email saying to "click or tap to scratch and win" When I did it said I won a free 40pk of Wellesley Farms purified water. However I can't see how to add it to my account once on the BJ's site.
Thanks! I just checked my appt and I had the case of free water waiting for me. !!

Thanks for posting! Expiry date?
For me it's 3-19

YMMV? I'm sorry but I just don't agree. I really think you were told incorrect information. I've gone back to a few Harris Teeter ads and the last 4x fuel promotion in February 2023 even shows an Amazon gift card. I do agree the wording has changed this go round but that in itself doesn't mean Amazon GC are excluded.

Until I see more posts here and there that Amazon & Best Buy gift cards are excluded from Harris Teeter 4x Fuel Promotion (on gift cards), no warning will be created.

Though I most certainly appreciate you posting your experience. It does matter so thank you. :flower3:

Harris Teeter 2/01/23 - 2/14/23
View attachment 745185

Harris Teeter 1/11/23 - 1/24/23
View attachment 745182

Harris Teeter 11/16/22 - 12/06/22
View attachment 745183

Harris Teeter 10/28/22 - 10/30/22
View attachment 745184
I bought an Amazon $100 gift card today in a Harris Teeter in Selbyville, DE and bought $300 Disney GC yesterday in a Maryland HT. I got the 4X fuel points on both purchases. i spoke with a store manager and asked specifically about the Amazon cards she told me that if customer has uploaded the digital coupon for the 4X fuel points they should receive the appropriate points. You must be sure to have uploaded the digital coupon.

Dumb question - :rolleyes:

If I buy 4x fuel points Kroger gift cards today and get Princess cruise line gift cards (and should that be physical gift cards or e-gift cards?) - I can use them towards my account on the ship, right? I have to put my cc number in the account, but I can still go to guest services and pay any charges down with a Princess gift card. First time crusing Princess - we are normally DCL cruisers so I want to make sure that buying gift cards during 4x's fuel points is not an exercise in futility and is not "wasting my money".
Yes, Princess GC works the same as Disney (we're DVC, DCL CC Platinum). Just go to CS right after you board and have the GC put on your account.

Found a good stack for paying DVC dues: Chase Ink Cash bought $3K in Visa Gift Cards which gives 5x points (15K total) and since it’s the second half of my 90K sign up bonus, there’s another 45K points attributable to this spend for a total of 60K points earned.

I then took $1K of those Visa Gift Cards (registered and reset pins) and bought $1K of Disney Gift cards at Kroger as debit transactions for 4x Fuel Points (careful with velocity here, only do two $200 consecutive transactions at self check out), which is $140 in free gas for March and April. I will do this two more times in the coming months.

So my effective cost on my $3K of DVC dues this year will be $3K less $900 in Chase points (60K*.015 per Chase point) less $420 in free gas which is a net cost of $1,680. This is a 44% reduction of my dues, and even ignoring the sign up bonus this stack represents a $645 savings.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you clarify the advice about purchasing gift cards at Kroger self check-out? Is it possible to purchase $1,000 in gift cards at Kroger if it's done in a certain way? I have seen differing claims about the gift card purchase maximum at Kroger.

Forgive my ignorance, but could you clarify the advice about purchasing gift cards at Kroger self check-out? Is it possible to purchase $1,000 in gift cards at Kroger if it's done in a certain way? I have seen differing claims about the gift card purchase maximum at Kroger.
Last year I bought $1k in Disney Gift Cards at self checkout in a single transaction during 4x Fuel Points using AMEX Gold for 4x MR points on groceries. I’m not sure they’ll let you do this anymore.

When I converted $1K in Visa Gift Cards to $1K in Disney Gift Cards today I did 5 transactions at $200 each. All 5 transactions at self checkout.

What brand?
  • BestBuy: $500 or $1,000 store-wide?
  • Apple: $500 per transaction
  • Disney et al: $1,999.99 at regular registers or at self check-out.
  • Not sure about Visa & MC
There are a couple of Kroger chains that need a cashier override for $500.01 or higher in purchases, whether or not gift cards are included.

If you move from regular registers to customer service counters, you can buy up to $10,000 – $18,000 worth of third party gift cards in a single transaction, depending on region. Some regions have a register enforced limit of $12,000 to $18,000 per-hour, per-store too.

Last edited:
Groupon & LivingSocial: Save 15%-30% On Select Gift Cards

I got the scratch & win email and supposedly won $5 off a $5 purchase, but it's not in my coupons and I can't seem to add it. I've tried multiple times with different browsers clicking through the email and it doesn't work. I also got an email about the free water. That coupon is in my exclusively for you coupons. Maybe there's a glitch with the scratch & win promo.

For me it's 3-19

Thank you for posting, last time you lucky peeps received this I failed to add it on the main page. Not this time!

Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY & Warehouses

BJ's Warehouse: Various Offers
Targeted via email
$10 Off Any Purchase​
Expires 3/19/23. Post #14762 :thumbsup2 @Jimsig
Also check to see what you won during BJ's Scratch & Win Game

Thank you for those posting about the BJ's emails. Somehow my email communications was turned off on my BJ's account, and now it is back on. Bummed I probably missed out on these though. I did check my coupons and no free water or anything for me :(

It was under the tab “ coupons”. I had to scroll a bit, found it, clicked the “+” and it added it to my account. 🙂
Thanks. When I search coupons for water it shows me a coupon for Poland Springs, Fiji, tuna in water, Hint water, and some sort of ionized water. I'll have to scroll throught and see if for some reason it's there but not letting me search.
I got the scratch & win email and supposedly won $5 off a $5 purchase, but it's not in my coupons and I can't seem to add it. I've tried multiple times with different browsers clicking through the email and it doesn't work. I also got an email about the free water. That coupon is in my exclusively for you coupons. Maybe there's a glitch with the scratch & win promo.
Thanks. Luckily my $10 coupon shows up.
Thank you for those posting about the BJ's emails. Somehow my email communications was turned off on my BJ's account, and now it is back on. Bummed I probably missed out on these though. I did check my coupons and no free water or anything for me :(
You are welcome. That happened to me a while back. Someone posted here about an email they got and I realized I had not see an email from BJ's in forever. Checked my setting and sure enough it was turned off.

What brand?
  • BestBuy: $500 or $1,000 store-wide?
  • Disney et al: $1,999.99 at regular registers or at self check-out.
  • Not sure about Visa & MC
There are a couple of Kroger chains that need a cashier override for $500.01 or higher in purchases, whether or not gift cards are included.

If you move from regular registers to customer service counters, you can buy up to $10,000 – $18,000 worth of third party gift cards in a single transaction, depending on region. Some regions have a register enforced limit of $12,000 to $18,000 per-hour, per-store too.

@MIChessGuy this isn't directed towards you specifically, it's about the question and for anyone interested.

I definitely wanted to touch base on this again because it is confusing.
There's about a handful of well respected bloggers I follow and they're pretty much plastered on the main page; GC Galore & Doctor of Credit.

GC Galore wrote Kroger Has Reportedly Placed $1,000 Velocity Limit On Best Buy Gift Cards. September 1, 2020

Doctor of Credit posted Kroger Stores Now Limit $500 in Gift Card Purchases per Transaction (Best Buy Only) November 4, 2019,

That information came from Miles to Memories article Negative Changes To Kroger Gift Card Purchases & Fuel Points Program Nov 1, 2019. Written by Mark Ostermann who laid it all out:​
Kroger is rolling out the following changes, already in effect:
  • Gift card purchases are limited to $500 per transaction.
    • Used to be $1999.99 at self checkout and pretty much unlimited at customer service.
  • A limit of 6 swipes per credit card per day.
    • This has been in place for a while but it is much more important now.
Then on Jan 25, 2021 at 6:20 am in comments Mark adds, The limits are just for Best Buy. He doesn't update the title of his article nor does he add an amendment, so if you don't read comments things can get a bit confusing.

The most recent article was posted on July 5, 2022 by Miles Earn And Burn, Kroger 3PGC Buying Limits.
  • General Limits
    • Kroger and Kroger affiliates can sell up to $1,999.99 in gift cards at regular registers or at self check-out. Most stores don’t need cashier intervention at self check-out for big purchases, but there are a couple of Kroger chains that need a cashier override for $500.01 or higher in purchases, whether or not gift cards are included.
    • If you move from regular registers to customer service counters, you can buy up to $10,000 – $18,000 worth of third party gift cards in a single transaction, depending on region. Some regions have a register enforced limit of $12,000 to $18,000 per-hour, per-store too.
  • Brand Specific Limits
    • BestBuy: $1,000 per 10 minutes, store-wide
All in all there hasn't been updates since then from anyone including The Kroger Company. In earnest, I think it best to ask Customer Service about the limits in your area. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter