I have made changes in the house and with my routine, please if you think of anything I'd greatly appreciate it:
  • Don't walk the dogs at night - uneven surfaces.
  • Wear supportive sneakers in the house & outdoors
  • Use rubber matt while in shower & tub
  • DH & DS, carry anything up or down stairs
  • Use a nightlight in bedroom
  • Use handrails
I have an anti-fatigue floor mat in the kitchen in front of the sink. That may be something to add anywhere in your house that you find that stand for long periods. I got mine at TJMaxx and it wasn't very expensive.
For any nightlights, make sure that they are motion activated.
You could get one of those grabber sticks to help pick up stuff off the floor.

I also went to Harris Teeter today and purchased groceries and gift cards and my fuel points are more than they should be. Unfortunately I will need to go back tomorrow because some items did not ring up for the correct sale price.

I know in Michigan if grocery stores charge more for an item they not only have to give you the sale price but $5 for their mistake, but you have to ask for it.

I have an anti-fatigue floor mat in the kitchen in front of the sink. That may be something to add anywhere in your house that you find that stand for long periods. I got mine at TJMaxx and it wasn't very expensive.
For any nightlights, make sure that they are motion activated.
You could get one of those grabber sticks to help pick up stuff off the floor.
I bought two from Costco, Martha Stewart but they slide and move around so easily on my hardwood floors, I have to find something better, thanks for the reminder.
Hmm, I don't know about motion activated nightlights. I got really spooked a couple of months ago and tore out of my bedroom balling like a baby. Seriously. That's why I put one in my room in the first place and it never gets turned off! Nope! The spook that spoke :eek:
Haha! Grabber stick! Yes please, love that idea!

So something else is bothering me,
Last year around October I felt lower back pain, the same pain I felt when I was bucked off my horse when I was in junior high many moons ago. In my house shoes are not allowed but I bought Hoka One One to wear just inside. I also started using a rubber matt in the shower to prevent falling down. And this past winter, I bought snow sneakers from LL bean for better control and support.

Yesterday, I went to see my doctor for the results of a bone density test. Turns out I'm in pretty bad shape, my lower spine and both hip bones are super weak. My spine is the worse and she really dove into that and scared the s#!t out of me. She told me One good fall and you could be in serious jeopardy, think long term care in a facility. Verbatim.

She prescribed meds and told me to start taking vitamin D with calcium and exercise with weights but didn't give example of exercises, recommendations or referrals.

I bought Garden of Life Code 50 and Wiser Women's Multi Capsules and Calcium & Vitamin D Bone Health.

Never mind, I called my insurance company and I don't need a referral for a Physical Therapist, I just need to call the right one within network. What a relief!

Though if I'm missing anything else that I haven't covered I'd love to hear your thoughts & suggestions.

So what, do I call my my insurance company and see if I qualify for Physical Therapy or a personal trainer to teach me proper form? What? I don't get it, I don't know where to go from here. I have arthritis in my hands so holding weights will be problematic.
Ugh,
Not great news, by chance do you live in a northern state.
Not enough sunshine in Illinois so I take Calcium separate and a 2000 IU vitamin D with a Vitamin K daily. I was told you need to take vitamin K with Vitamin D for better absorption. I vary my brands that I purchase because I believe I read quality can vary.
Usually, a warehouse club sells at a decent price.
Gold luck, stay positive.

Well, it finally happened. After $1300 in eGC bought 2x$50 per transaction over 11 days, Sam's is giving me the error that I cannot buy any more "for a period of time". Luckily, the store is barely a mile from us and on our normal weekend errands route, so I guess we'll be doing the instore cards for a while. Bummer about those is no click-through, but the 5% UR plus 4% discounted at Sam's in person is still going to be the best I can do to hit the volume that I need (4k for July, another 2k for August).

Ugh,
Not great news, by chance do you live in a northern state.
Not enough sunshine in Illinois so I take Calcium separate and a 2000 IU vitamin D with a Vitamin K daily. I was told you need to take vitamin K with Vitamin D for better absorption. I vary my brands that I purchase because I believe I read quality can vary.
Usually, a warehouse club sells at a decent price.
Gold luck, stay positive.

Yes, Michigan Home of the Great Lakes.
Do you take lower doses in the summer vs winter and are you also taking a multi vitamin?

I was just going through this week's mail today and I received a flyer from BJs with two physical coupons that is only valid in store. Only exclusions are milk, gasoline, tobacco, alcohol, optical, and vacations (fine print). I guess I will be making a trip to BJs to try to use them on Disney GCs. My June trip is coming up!
Coupons are:
1) $10 off any purchase of $125 or more (valid 4/15-5/1)
2) $5 off any purchase of $50 or more (valid 5/2-516)

Yes, Michigan Home of the Great Lakes.
Do you take lower doses in the summer vs winter and are you also taking a multi vitamin?
I can’t take a multivitamin, it upsets my stomach. I keep my dose of Vitamin D at 2000 IU year round . I take D, K, C , calcium, omega 3 and Co Q 10 daily.
I have found I can tolerate these .

I have a Cash App boost for 5% off one order at any grocery store. Has anyone used this with buying gift cards? I'm hoping to use this along with the gift card sale at Family Fare.

Update: Kroger has removed several gift card offers, if you added the coupons to your account, they are still valid. I have updated the post as follows:

Discount District
Kroger Family Stores:
Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger , Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

Kroger Family Stores (Excludes Harris Teeter)​
  • Earn 4x Fuel Points on Local Restaurants & Breweries Gift Cards
    • Direct links above
    • Limit of one coupon per household.
    • Expires 4/25/23. Post #15431
  • Earn 200 Bonus Fuel Points on Local Gift Cards
  • Save on Select Gift Cards When You Buy TWO.
    • Direct links above
    • Buy 2 $50 Cinemark Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Dave & Buster’s Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Golden Coral Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Home Chef Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Home Depot Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Main Event Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $30 McDonald’s Gift Cards & Get $3 Off
    • Buy 2 $50 O’Charley’s Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 One4all Gift Cards & Get $5 Kroger egift card
    • Buy 2 $50 Spafinder Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Treat Yourself Gift Cards & Get $5 off
      • Expires 5/02/23. Post #15432
  • Save $10 when you purchase $50 or more in Topgolf Gift Cards
  • Save $5.00 on Your Grocery Purchase when you buy any TWO (2) Select Gift Cards totaling $50 or more
    • Direct links above
    • Includes: Happy Moments, Let's Eat and Food & Laughs
    • Limit of one coupon per household, per brand.
    • Expires 5/09/23. Post #15559
  • Earn 200 Bonus Fuel Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes Arby’s and Ruth's Chris
    • Expires 4/25/23. Post #15433
  • Get 200 Bonus Fuel Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Choice, Domino’s, Home Chef and O’Charley’s
    • Limit 1 per brand
    • Excludes $10 gift cards
    • Expires 5/02/23. Post #15561
  • Save $5 on your grocery purchase when you buy any two (2) One4all Gift Cards totaling $50 or more
  • Save on Select Gift Cards When You Buy TWO.
    • Buy 2 $50 Cinemark Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Dave & Buster’s Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Golden Coral Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Home Chef Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Main Event Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $30 McDonald’s Gift Cards & Get $3 Off
    • Buy 2 $50 Spafinder Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Buy 2 $50 Treat Yourself Gift Cards & Get $5 off
    • Expires 5/02/23. Post #15432

Last edited:
I have a Cash App boost for 5% off one order at any grocery store. Has anyone used this with buying gift cards? I'm hoping to use this along with the gift card sale at Family Fare.

I clearly remember peeps using this type of offer on gift cards. Does the terms exclude them this go round? If not, you should be good to go.

Just got an email from Costco. 2 day sale on Laundry gift cards. $74.99 for 2 $50 cards

For Costco members, Landry’s gift cards (2x $50 cards) are on sale for $74.99!!! The sale last until 4/23/23. At a 25% savings, this is a great deal and can use in Disney World locations :-)

https://www.costco.com/landrys-mult...,-two-$50-e-gift-cards.product.100793615.html

I haven't purchased gift cards from Costco so I'm unsure which credit card to use.
I have the costco business citi visa and a Discover, will both give me 5% for online gift card purchases?

Update, I used Discover: 5% cb Q2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter