Costco only takes Visa for credit cards, no MC, AmEx, or Discover.

Online they accept more...
Costco.com:
  • All Visa Cards
  • The Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
  • MasterCard
  • Discover Cards (Including JCB and Diners Club)
  • Most PIN-based Debit/ATM Cards
  • Costco Shop Cards*

I purchased the Landry's gc with Discover.
Thanks @mommy2twingles and @Demayer4 for posting the deal!

Last edited:
I haven't purchased gift cards from Costco so I'm unsure which credit card to use.
I have the costco business citi visa and a Discover, will both give me 5% for online gift card purchases?

Update, I used Discover: 5% cb Q2
You do get cash back using the citi visa

Last edited:

FYI if you had any points left in Best Buy rewards (and don’t have their credit card) they are auto issuing the rewards certificates and they are rounding up. I had 177 points and they rounded up and issued a $5 certificate. Expires 6/24.

That's a fantastic deal! Wish we had a Family Fare closer to out part of the mitten. Did you buy 2? I think dh and I would have to have separate accounts!
I bought 2 $50 cards. When I heard about the deal last year, I created accounts for each family member and we bought a bunch. I heard that they weren't enforcing the 2 per household as I had friends who went to each FF in the area and ended up buying almost $3000 worth in a week.

Are you referring to Tom's Food Markets ?
I'm not seeing the GC sale in their ad, do you have to clip coupons instead?

Edit, I don't see coupons available. Interesting.
So now I'm curious...

I went to the corporate website of SpartanNash, which is the conglomerate that Family Fare and a bunch of other grocery store chains are subsidiaries of and it appears that they all participate in their "yes" program. The "yes" program is the one that you sign up for and get digital coupons, fuel savings, etc so perhaps the Disney Gift Card promo will be valid at any or all of these chains. You can find all of their store addresses by state very easily here: https://www.spartannash.com/grocery...ash-corporate-owned-store-directory-by-state/. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near any of those states so I can't do any testing.

@FoxC63, I am sorry to hear about your back issues. I was diagnosed with osteopenia last year and was especially weak around lower back area. These are the physical things I did to try to stay healthy:

1. Took pilates lessons--started with private lessons to ensure proper form, then moved on to group reformer classes. Pilates emphasize building up core strength, glute strength and leg strength to support your back. And by lying down on the reformer, you can do a ton of strength exercises safely. My insurance covered my initial private sessions as it was considered a type of PT but YMMV.

2. Started walking at least 3 miles a day and I did not like walking before, but once I made it a habit I actually started looking forward to it as my zone-out, de-stress time. Listening to Audible is also an incentive as I would walk a couple of extra blocks just to find out what happens next! Walking is considered a weight bearing exercise. My doctor recommended I put a 3 to 5 lb. weight in my backpack while I walk to help strengthen my spine. I break up the walking into 15-minute chunks if my days are especially busy. Recent NYT article said that even 2 minutes of walking after a meal is great for moderating blood sugar. I got a walking pad (fairly portable and can hide under desk or push behind furniture when not in use) from Amazon back in January when it was too cold to walk outside in order to get in more walking while watching Netflix and it definitely helped build up my mileage.

3. Consciously avoid bending over. I got a kneeling pad for gardening and now only garden for no more than 20 minutes at a time to avoid exerting my back. Even though it's more expensive, I buy smaller bags of soil and fertilizers and I always wear my waist belt (many to choose from on Amazon) when lifting heavier items. I also got a foldable push cart like the kind they have at Home Depot but smaller and lighter weight to transport stuff around in the back yard instead of carrying them.

4. Do exercises that work on your balance. Balance is one of the things that deteriorates when we age. You can ask your physical therapist on specific exercises that are good for you, but just simple moves like standing on one leg for a minute (but do it near a wall or furniture that you can grab to avoid falling) can help. I got these cheap foam blocks on Amazon to stand on to up the difficulty of the one-leg stand.

5. Avoid sitting in same position for extended period of time as it puts a ton of pressure on the back muscles and spinal discs. Consider investing in a standing desk.

So now I'm curious...

I went to the corporate website of SpartanNash, which is the conglomerate that Family Fare and a bunch of other grocery store chains are subsidiaries of and it appears that they all participate in their "yes" program. The "yes" program is the one that you sign up for and get digital coupons, fuel savings, etc so perhaps the Disney Gift Card promo will be valid at any or all of these chains. You can find all of their store addresses by state very easily here: https://www.spartannash.com/grocery...ash-corporate-owned-store-directory-by-state/. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near any of those states so I can't do any testing.
This is can be tricky, even though these stores might be connected to the Yes program, not all stores will have the same offerings. We often see regional sales within Albertsons Companies.
It's interesting though and I would definitely look into it if I lived near any of these stores. Thanks for including the link, makes things so helpful!

@FoxC63, I am sorry to hear about your back issues. I was diagnosed with osteopenia last year and was especially weak around lower back area. These are the physical things I did to try to stay healthy:

1. Took pilates lessons--started with private lessons to ensure proper form, then moved on to group reformer classes. Pilates emphasize building up core strength, glute strength and leg strength to support your back. And by lying down on the reformer, you can do a ton of strength exercises safely. My insurance covered my initial private sessions as it was considered a type of PT but YMMV.

2. Started walking at least 3 miles a day and I did not like walking before, but once I made it a habit I actually started looking forward to it as my zone-out, de-stress time. Listening to Audible is also an incentive as I would walk a couple of extra blocks just to find out what happens next! Walking is considered a weight bearing exercise. My doctor recommended I put a 3 to 5 lb. weight in my backpack while I walk to help strengthen my spine. I break up the walking into 15-minute chunks if my days are especially busy. Recent NYT article said that even 2 minutes of walking after a meal is great for moderating blood sugar. I got a walking pad (fairly portable and can hide under desk or push behind furniture when not in use) from Amazon back in January when it was too cold to walk outside in order to get in more walking while watching Netflix and it definitely helped build up my mileage.

3. Consciously avoid bending over. I got a kneeling pad for gardening and now only garden for no more than 20 minutes at a time to avoid exerting my back. Even though it's more expensive, I buy smaller bags of soil and fertilizers and I always wear my waist belt (many to choose from on Amazon) when lifting heavier items. I also got a foldable push cart like the kind they have at Home Depot but smaller and lighter weight to transport stuff around in the back yard instead of carrying them.

4. Do exercises that work on your balance. Balance is one of the things that deteriorates when we age. You can ask your physical therapist on specific exercises that are good for you, but just simple moves like standing on one leg for a minute (but do it near a wall or furniture that you can grab to avoid falling) can help. I got these cheap foam blocks on Amazon to stand on to up the difficulty of the one-leg stand.

5. Avoid sitting in same position for extended period of time as it puts a ton of pressure on the back muscles and spinal discs. Consider investing in a standing desk.

Wow! Thank you so much! I actually created a folder to keep all my notes in, this is definitely being added!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter