You guys should have been around for the great "eBay to Target/Gamestop/Bestbuy - rinse/repeat churn" circa 2015 -2017. Those were the times. You could get even better returns on gift cards. I turned $800 to over $2,200 in less than a year. I'm sure many on here back then did even better. Good times....
Yes, I did some of the ebay/BestBuy rinse and repeat but I got in the game late so only did it for a few months. Save with the original target redcard which allowed you to rack up free credit card spending - when it first came out I thought there was no way it would last so I didn't bother and when I finally joined I only got around 6 months before they stopped it. I also missed the buying dollar coins from the US mint - I was just getting into gift cards/credit cards then.

You guys should have been around for the great "eBay to Target/Gamestop/Bestbuy - rinse/repeat churn" circa 2015 -2017. Those were the times. You could get even better returns on gift cards. I turned $800 to over $2,200 in less than a year. I'm sure many on here back then did even better. Good times....
Yes! We did a few trips using this + ebates (now Rakuten) points on both sides as well. So fun.

Some of us were and the deals were fantastic unfortunately so much has changed since then and we had to move forward.

Added Offers ~ 5/12/23

Discount District

Target In-store & Online

1683881043568.png
  • Spend $200 or more on Airbnb gift cards & Get $20 Target gift card
    • Online link
Target Circle Rewards - Various Offers
Credit Cards and More
  • PayPal Discover Offer: Targeted via email
    Get 6% Back At PayPal On Up To $1,000 In Purchases March, April & May.
    • Expires 5/31/23. DOC
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV
  • Cash App Boost when available.

Last edited:
Dierbergs Market - 15 Hours Only Sale

1683882516202.png
  • Earn 10x Bonus Points on All Gift Cards?
    • Maximum point earning limit of 37,500 points per day
  • Must be Dierbergs Rewards member and enter phone # at checkout.
    • Excludes Visa, Mastercard and Dierbergs gift cards
    • Ad Scan / Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 5/18/23 ONLY, while supplies last.
  • Ad shows Macy's, Nike and Panera but mentions Choice gift cards.

Some of us were and the deals were fantastic unfortunately so much has changed since then and we had to move forward.
Well of course, you ride the wave as long as possible just like any other deal. I'm happy to get any deal I can and am truly grateful for this thread. I only brought it up because the PP was talking about a $995 to $1,795 deal. I just got a little nostalgic about the days where not only was that possible, but quite common.

But you're right, lamenting on the "good old days" doesn't really help anyone now. My apologies, I wasn't complaining and certainly didn't mean to offend. I appreciate all of your time and hard work keeping this thread up to date. :thanks:

Well of course, you ride the wave as long as possible just like any other deal. I'm happy to get any deal I can and am truly grateful for this thread. I only brought it up because the PP was talking about a $995 to $1,795 deal. I just got a little nostalgic about the days where not only was that possible, but quite common.

But you're right, lamenting on the "good old days" doesn't really help anyone now. My apologies, I wasn't complaining and certainly didn't mean to offend. I appreciate all of your time and hard work keeping this thread up to date. :thanks:
No apology necessary OP, and I didn't take offense to your post at all. Please, no worries and thank you for your kind comment. :flower3:

What I find interesting are the growing One Step Andy's. There's nothing wrong with wanting a simpler life but back in the good ol' days it wasn't one step. The deeper the discount the more layers, which still holds true today, the only difference is the they are far and few between.

I hope that makes sense. My mind is a bit wonky as I battle the flu.

Memory Lane... after a cup of Joe.

There was nothing good about the original DGC thread. It wasn't organized compared to this thread. If you wanted to know what deals were going on you had to flip through pages and pages or post What's the latest deal? and hope some kind DISer would answer you. If you were looking for a deal on Starbucks, Landry's or any other gc you could use while on a Disney vacation, you were not allowed to bring it up. If you tried, you were met with the rude You're Off Topic phrase, which really boiled my blood. I cannot be the only peep to remember that nonsense.

Once in, the deals were solid and the cb flowing and not just from one source but many. The multilayers actually became the funds for R&R and all from an initial investment. The wave was good, really good but that thread, was user unfriendly.

The DIS has had it's share of having a bad reputation, you can find old posts on Reddit, Trip Advisors and Fodor's just to name a few. Whether they were created by people needing information or our competitors is debatable. Many of us hosts have tried to improve the reputation here by listening to our members and I believe we're on the right path. I just saw a new thread titled Love Disboards, which made me very happy. Gone are the days we tell another member You're Off Topic.

And omg this flu! My throat was on fire Thursday, the whole day too! I was definitely burning a temp. I don't know how many times I woke up to blow my nose or drink water but the weird dreams I had - so crazy! I actually woke myself up this morning screaming NO, No No! Freaked out DS, DH and the pups! The last dream I clearly remember involved Men in Black and aliens. :rolleyes:
The Men in Black were trying to delete our memories, like everyone's and the aliens were trying to replace them with other memories all while we were sleeping. Our memories were cataloged by year in boxes and I could see mine. DH and I were fighting with these forces, unfortunately I woke up abruptly so I have no end to share. That was around 4ish this morning. :laughing: I was unsettled and decided to post on the DIS, 4:18

I'm feeling better today, still congested as ever but thankfully my throat doesn't hurt. DH bought me frozen fruit pops, ice cream sandwiches, oj and Vicks VapoCOOL cough drops. Those are just wicked, effective but wicked! Initially they really burn your throat, then it becomes numb and it lasts for a long time. I don't know about giving Vicks to a child, a teen might be able to handle the burning but not a child.

1683911073449.png

And omg this flu! My throat was on fire Thursday, the whole day too! I was definitely burning a temp. I don't know how many times I woke up to blow my nose or drink water but the weird dreams I had - so crazy! I actually woke myself up this morning screaming NO, No No! Freaked out DS, DH and the pups! The last dream I clearly remember involved Men in Black and aliens. :rolleyes:
The Men in Black were trying to delete our memories, like everyone's and the aliens were trying to replace them with other memories all while we were sleeping. Our memories were cataloged by year in boxes and I could see mine. DH and I were fighting with these forces, unfortunately I woke up abruptly so I have no end to share. That was around 4ish this morning. :laughing: I was unsettled and decided to post on the DIS, 4:18

I'm feeling better today, still congested as ever but thankfully my throat doesn't hurt. DH bought me frozen fruit pops, ice cream sandwiches, oj and Vicks VapoCOOL cough drops. Those are just wicked, effective but wicked! Initially they really burn your throat, then it becomes numb and it lasts for a long time. I don't know about giving Vicks to a child, a teen might be able to handle the burning but not a child.

View attachment 760197
Thanks for the cough drop tip! I get wicked coughs, and Chloraseptic cherry lozenges are the only thing that will even make a debt. Weirdly, the only place I can ever seem to find them is Harris Teeter. 🤷‍♀️ I will have to give the Vicks ones a try!

Got a score today at CVS. Noticed the other day I had a $5 off Flash Deal to use by today and then yesterday got an email that I had $4 off a purchase. Along with another 2 coupons, one for $3 and another for $2 off specific purchases and a .45 cent Extra Buck I was able to save $14.45. I picked up the 2 items I needed anyway along with a $100 DGC. I'll count that as 14.45% saving on the DGC.

StackSocial: Buy $60 Costco 1-Year Gold Star Membership & Get Bonus $30 Costco Shop Card
  • Limit one per household.
  • Valid for NEW MEMBERS ONLY or for members whose memberships have been expired for more than 18 months
  • Primary Members receive one free Household Card for anyone over the age of 18 and living at the same address
  • Redemption deadline: Your membership MUST be redeemed by 11/14/23 to qualify for this promotion, but we encourage you to redeem within 30 days of your purchase.
  • To receive a Digital Costco Shop Card, you must provide a valid email address at the time of sign-up. If you elect not to provide a valid email address, a Digital Costco Shop Card will not be emailed.
  • New members will receive their Digital Costco Shop Card by email within 2 weeks of sign-up. Costco Shop Cards are not redeemable for cash, except as required by law.
  • An Executive Membership is an additional $60 upgrade fee a year. Each membership includes one free Household Card.

For those who collect American Airlines miles, there is a possible good stack. Simply Miles is a website where you can earn AA miles. It's not a click through site. You add offers to your credit card (must be a MasterCard), then when you use that card, you get the miles from the offer. I noticed today that Sam's Club was a listed offer at 6 miles per dollar. Gift cards weren't listed as an exclusion. I added two MasterCard gift cards to my Simply Miles account. Then I saw that the American Airlines shopping portal (which IS a click through site) was offering 5 miles per dollar on purchases. Gift cards are of course excluded, but I thought I'd give it a try. PLUS the AA shopping portal is offering 500 bonus miles when you spend $200+ (or 2000 bonus miles if you sent $600+).I bought 4x$75 packs and 2 $50 eGCs for a total of $383.88 (4% discount). Plus I bought the MasterCard GCs with my Chase Ink Cash credit card during one of the no-fee sales at Staples and so earned 5x Ultimate Rewards points when I bought those - the 1919.40 Ultimate Rewards points that I earned on the $383.88 I spent on the Disney GCs are worth about $28.79 since I value Ultimate Rewards points at 1.5 cents each). I don't use Simply Miles or the AA shopping portal enough to have a reliable opinion on whether all of this will track, but if it does, I should end up with 2298 AA miles from Simply Miles, 1915 miles from the AA portal, plus another 500 bonus miles from the AA shopping portal, for a total of 4713 AA miles, which are worth about $61 (.13 cents each)! So I'd have a net savings of $16.12 (Sam's discount) + $28.79 (Ultimate Rewards points on MC GCs used for Sam's purchase) + $61 worth of AA miles = $105.91, or 26.4%! Fingers crossed it all tracks! And even if none of the AA stuff tracks, I'm still happy with the 11.2% I saved just with the Sam's discount and Ultimate Rewards points on the MC GCs.

View attachment 760197
Feel better soon, Fox :grouphug:
I really appreciate how well and consistently you've run this thread. It is no small feat of dedication and truly building up a community. I once started and attempted to manage the Legoland coupon thread and after a while I completely lost interest but at the time, I needed a Legoland coupon and it was nearly impossible to A) find a coupon and B) wade through all the garbage online. So I filled a need for a short while.
Thanks for sharing your interesting dream! I have very vivid dreams too and my husband never appreciates it when I give him the replay description. :laughing: He says it's just a dream so who cares? Sometimes they're hard to shake off and the feelings we have when we wake up are real.

Memory Lane... after a cup of Joe.

There was nothing good about the original DGC thread. It wasn't organized compared to this thread. If you wanted to know what deals were going on you had to flip through pages and pages or post What's the latest deal? and hope some kind DISer would answer you. If you were looking for a deal on Starbucks, Landry's or any other gc you could use while on a Disney vacation, you were not allowed to bring it up. If you tried, you were met with the rude You're Off Topic phrase, which really boiled my blood. I cannot be the only peep to remember that nonsense.

Once in, the deals were solid and the cb flowing and not just from one source but many. The multilayers actually became the funds for R&R and all from an initial investment. The wave was good, really good but that thread, was user unfriendly.

The DIS has had it's share of having a bad reputation, you can find old posts on Reddit, Trip Advisors and Fodor's just to name a few. Whether they were created by people needing information or our competitors is debatable. Many of us hosts have tried to improve the reputation here by listening to our members and I believe we're on the right path. I just saw a new thread titled Love Disboards, which made me very happy. Gone are the days we tell another member You're Off Topic.
I first followed Disney on RADP Newgroup.... that was all over the place too, and I think DISBOARDS tried to offer a more organize way of doing things. But yeah there were a lot of "police" back then, I actually left and went back to RADP for a bit...

I appreciate the work you put into keeping this thread updated and current.

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all my DisFriends here. This thread is always so welcoming and helpful! One of the only places I go to on the Dis. Also, I hope you feel better soon @FoxC63.

On another note...I volunteered to chaperone junior prom tonight and I have to drink another cup of coffee to keep myself awake. Prom doesn't start for another couple of hours lol. It's tough getting old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter