They got me and I'm not mad. Apparently I got luck of the newbie and got a 10% off Target that renews every 24 hours and I've still got 19 days left. That's going to stack nicely with my Target Circle bonus offer.

If all goes to plan, that will be $300 with $30 off from the cash app and then $25 back from my Target Circle bonus for 18.3% total return. Not mad about that at all!! Will need to determine how much investment I want to make after earning the bonus
I have 19 days left too!

Speaking of Target, I just left one. I have a Circle offer for $10 off of $60. I bought a $50 DGC and $10 of other random things. I was thinking that a DGC was ok but it didn’t count. I went to customer service to get a refund and they said the receipt said “no refunds”. I said yes, I see that after I’ve purchased it! She gave me a $10 gift card. I’m ok with that.

Signed up for a Cash app card and sadly did not get a Target or Starbucks boost, nor anything else applicable to DGC Edited to add after quitting the app and refreshing I did get Target! First purchase made.. $67.50 for $75 in DGC and that completes the first of my two Target Circle bonus purchases! 🎉

I have a couple of questions as a new user.. Do you get app notifications when boosts are added or should I be checking regularly? Is there anywhere in the Cash app that will tell you when a boost reactivates? Example 'valid once every 24 hours' is there somewhere I can see when the boost is eligible again? Or should I just set an alarm?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to enter their Cash App card into their Target account as a payment method? I had my DH open a Cash App and Target account and it might be easier for me to do everything via my laptop and log into our respective Target accounts.
I did that with no issues. I purchased an e-gift card and the boost came off.
Signed up for a Cash app card and sadly did not get a Target or Starbucks boost, nor anything else applicable to DGC Edited to add after quitting the app and refreshing I did get Target! First purchase made.. $67.50 for $75 in DGC and that completes the first of my two Target Circle bonus purchases! 🎉

I have a couple of questions as a new user.. Do you get app notifications when boosts are added or should I be checking regularly? Is there anywhere in the Cash app that will tell you when a boost reactivates? Example 'valid once every 24 hours' is there somewhere I can see when the boost is eligible again? Or should I just set an alarm?
I have not received notifications of boosts. If the boost is reusable, it will stay activated until it expires or you activate a different boost. Be aware though, sometimes if you activate a new boost the old one will disappear.

Has anyone used the 5% grocery store boost? Would Meijer qualify? Is it a one time use?

I set an alarm, but I'm a new user too. I'd love for the "24-hours" actually be "per day".

I did that with no issues. I purchased an e-gift card and the boost came off.

I have not received notifications of boosts. If the boost is reusable, it will stay activated until it expires or you activate a different boost. Be aware though, sometimes if you activate a new boost the old one will disappear.

Great! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I entered my Cash App debit card into my Target account and my DH's Cash App debit card too. Hopefully, I'll be able to make purchases with both of them from my Target account and not have to bother my DH to do it. Worse comes to worse, I can log into his (new) Target account to use his, but then he has to forward the gift cards to me.

I won't fiddle around with other boosts until I am done with Target.

I have a couple more questions for Cash App power users. I did a search first, but I want to make sure I understand :).

(1) Does the boost only come when you have a balance?
(2) If not, can I use the Cash App card and have it automatically pull from my bank account like Venmo does and still get the boost?
(3) If so, I noticed a lot of people recommend having a balance between MSRP and the discounted price. Is that just to make sure that the boost discount is applied? I assume that I can have more money in my balance and everything *should* work fine.
(4) The 1st page warns against keeping too much money in Cash App. Why is that? I will want to have my DH move a week's worth of DGC money into his Cash App account so I don't have to bug him to move $67.50 daily. That comes out to about $475. Is there any reason he shouldn't do that?

Thanks!!

I did the Cash App Target deal a few days ago. I loaded my Cash App card into my Apple Pay and used Apple Pay to cash out. The 10% was automatically applied. The gc’s were emailed to me within minutes. I’ve been checking everyday for the Target boost to come back and it finally came back today. I did the deal again today. Yay! These are the only times I’ve ever used Cash App. I love it! I hope it keeps coming back, I need $3000 more in giftcards 😂

Checking back after buying my second set of DGCs at Target using Cash App.

I entered my Cash Card Visa and my DH's Cash Card Visa into Target as payments on MY Target account. I asked my DH to put $68 into his Cash App and I went to Target (via RetailMeNot ;)) and put $75 worth of DGCs in my cart and used my DH's CA card to pay. I had to verify the number and code but it went through, the boost was successful and the DGCs were sent to me! I followed up with my own CA card, and now I have $150 in DGCs today. That was all from my laptop which enabled me to go through a shopping portal which will get me another 1%, for a total of 11%.

So the last 2 BJ's buy $30 of a certain type of product and get a $10 reward had a couple of hiccups for me in that the rewards never went onto my account. The nice thing is is the reward can be used for a DGC. The first time went to the CS desk and told them and she saw that I had purchased those products and met the amount and issued me a BJ's GC for $10. I was making other purchases in addition to my DGC so it was no big deal getting a BJ's GC. It again happend with the next reward. I again went to the CS desk. This time they said I would need to call member services to find out why the rewards were not being credited to my account. She then said to come back to her desk at check out. At check out she added a $10 coupon to my order and said not to forget to call member services so I would get the $10 reward. I called member services and 2 days later had a $10 reward on my account. Hopefully they fixed what ever is wrong and I won't have an issue next time but when shall see.

I have a $10 off $50 Amex offer for Kroger.com. There are no Krogers by me, but I will be visiting my parents in a couple weeks and I know they have them. Does anyone know if I could place a pickup order for a DGC? Would that count towards the offer since I place the order online?

Added Offer ~ 8/13/23

Meijer
1691918523270.png

• Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get 10,000 points
    • Includes: Choice, Happy and One4All
    • Limit 10,000 points per customer.
    • Direct link to offer
    • No need to clip coupon, just plug in your mPerks during checkout.
    • Expires 8/19/23. GCG
Credit Cards & More

I have a $10 off $50 Amex offer for Kroger.com. There are no Krogers by me, but I will be visiting my parents in a couple weeks and I know they have them. Does anyone know if I could place a pickup order for a DGC? Would that count towards the offer since I place the order online?

Did you read the terms? The one I have listed in Discount District says gc are excluded however you can try this...

Added Offers ~ 8/14/23

Discount District

Hy-Vee

1691989463624.png
  • Get 40¢ off per gallon on $50 Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Airbnb, Apple, Buffalo Wild Wings, Domino's, Fanatics, Happy Birthday, Let's Eat, Sephora, Sony PlayStation, SpaFinder, Texas Roadhouse and Xbox.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 8/27/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay
  • Alternative Payment Method

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop
1691990324558.png

GIANT - Offer extended
  • Earn 5x Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Chipotle, Gap Options, Starbucks and Sony PlayStation
    • $2,000 limit per household
    • Ad Scan / GIANT weekly ad
    • Expires 8/24/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • GIANT We accept Apple Pay, Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay and Samsung Pay along with credit and debit cards in all stores.

I had my mperks (Meijer) account hacked over the weekend. Someone used the $50 worth of points I received week before last for buying Apple gc’s during that last promo. I called the CS number I found on the app and they were able to help me get my account info changed and added back the 50k points. They have the digital receipt now from the thieves’ purchase so maybe that will help track the person down. I waited on hold about 7 minutes for the CS person when I first called but the woman I spoke with was very helpful and I’m happy with how things turned out.

I had my mperks (Meijer) account hacked over the weekend. Someone used the $50 worth of points I received week before last for buying Apple gc’s during that last promo. I called the CS number I found on the app and they were able to help me get my account info changed and added back the 50k points. They have the digital receipt now from the thieves’ purchase so maybe that will help track the person down. I waited on hold about 7 minutes for the CS person when I first called but the woman I spoke with was very helpful and I’m happy with how things turned out.
Good on Meijer for returning your points. Sadly, they won’t bother to go after the thief. $50 isn’t worth it to a large company.

Good on Meijer for returning your points. Sadly, they won’t bother to go after the thief. $50 isn’t worth it to a large company.
You are right of course, I guess I like to deceive myself into thinking they’ll actually go after the bad guys even if it is “only” $50 but at least I have my points back. Lol

Best Buy Online
1692041319821.png
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy US Bank Cash+ Card: Earn 10% back, up to $23
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Get +1 Membership Rewards point per eligible dollar spent, up to 5,000 points.
    • Expires 12/15/23.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV
Best Buy Ibotta Offers:
  • Buy select gift cards from Best Buy after clicking through from Ibotta & earn bonus cashback
    • $100 Uber = $5
      • Expires 8/14/23
    • $50 Buffalo Wild Wings = $2
    • $50 Cabela’s = $2
    • $50 Vudu = $2
      • Expires 8/20/23 GCG

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger , Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

1692043628537.png
  • Friday Only - Earn 4x Fuel on Purchases
  • Excludes Harris Teeter
    • Links above
    • Excludes alcohol, tobacco products, fuel, money orders, taxes, postage stamps, gift cards/certificates, lottery, promotional tickets, CRV, Prescriptions and guest or customer services/fees. Void where taxed, prohibited or restricted by law. Must use rewards card.
    • Expire 8/18/23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter