I just found out that my daughter will have a competition in Nebraska in July 2024. We have never flown (well I did almost 25 years ago once) we are going to fly for the competition. would you suggest I buy airline gift cards to budget for the tickets? And if so, does target redcard discount work on airline gift cards? This whole trip is gonna be pricey because it'd for 11 days for 3 people. Any help, tips, or ideas are appreciated. Thank you

I have used Southwest gift cards that I purchased via my Target Red Card (for 5% discount) for flights in the past. The only trick is that Southwest only allows 3 forms of payment per transaction when buying a seat. I think the instore cards are a $50 value. However, you can buy online from $100-$500 value.

I've seen other airlines available, but not sure what limitations as to forms of payment they may have.

I just found out that my daughter will have a competition in Nebraska in July 2024. We have never flown (well I did almost 25 years ago once) we are going to fly for the competition. would you suggest I buy airline gift cards to budget for the tickets? And if so, does target redcard discount work on airline gift cards? This whole trip is gonna be pricey because it'd for 11 days for 3 people. Any help, tips, or ideas are appreciated. Thank you

I personally stay away from airline gift cards, some airlines like Delta will only let you use the gift card for the fare of the ticket and nothing else. So if you have baggage fees or fees for anything else, you can't use the gift card to pay for it. Plus, If the price of the airfare goes down, then you are going to be stuck with money on a gift card that you may or may not ever use or an airline voucher.

If you know specifically which airline you will be using, it may make sense to take out their credit card for a year. Many of them will waive the fee for the first year, and you can get a sign up bonus with airline points that will cover a good portion (or all) of the cost of the flights, and will also give you free luggage. Of course, if you are using Southwest, they include free luggage.

And if you use airline points and the price goes down, you can change or rebook and the points usually don't expire.

I just want to say how grateful I am for this thread! I’m leaving for Disney tonight, we’re a party of 6 adults, the trip is over 10K and with the help of everyone on this board I estimate I saved between 12-14%!!!!!
I started buying discounted DGC in February but bought the bulk of them recently because I knew I had a large bonus coming. With all money I saved, I bought MORE discounted DGC to splurge on souvenirs. Something I’ve never been able to do in past trips! Thank you @FoxC63

I just want to say how grateful I am for this thread! I’m leaving for Disney tonight, we’re a party of 6 adults, the trip is over 10K and with the help of everyone on this board I estimate I saved between 12-14%!!!!!
I started buying discounted DGC in February but bought the bulk of them recently because I knew I had a large bonus coming. With all money I saved, I bought MORE discounted DGC to splurge on souvenirs. Something I’ve never been able to do in past trips! Thank you @FoxC63
Great job! :) I've also found this thread super helpful...we're heading to Disney at the end of November and we've saved a lot of money by using the tips on this thread :)

Hope you all have a wonderful trip!

If you're flying into OMA, your options are limited for airlines. I fly out there to visit my friend, and buy the $500 Southwest gift card from Costco whenever they offer it for at least 10% off. Sadly a flight from CT to OMA takes up most of that $500 gift card. But if the flight goes down I get Southwest credit, which is good forever.
ETA: just looked and for 3 days only (actually ends today) Costco is offering it for $430!

Thank you so much and I hope you have a great vacation!
Don't forget to bring us back something! :poop: :hug:

I'm a bit late to the party so I'll add all the offers I find on other sites first, then update the main posts and finally add any offers I find. Let's get started...

Albertsons Companies:

FoodMaxx
  • Save 10% when buying Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Airbnb, Darden, Disney, Shell, Southwest and Online exchange (Food & Drink only?)
    • Limit $50 in savings. Direct link to digital coupon.
    • Expires 10/17/23. GCG
Safeway
Save Mart/Lucky Supermarkets:
United Supermarkets
Amazon
  • Buy $50 Firehouse Subs gift cards for $40
  • Buy 2x $50 Google Play gift cards & Get $10 Amazon promo credit free when using promo code GOOGP.
Best Buy
Costco
  • Buy $500 Southwest gift cards for $429.99
Staples

Last edited:
Amazon Warehouse
Additional 15% Off Many Items
Direct Link to offer
Expiry date unknown. DOC

Amazon Shop with Points:
50% Off for Chase Cardholders, Max $60 Savings
DDG

American Express Amazon cardholders: Targeted
Get a $200 statement credit when you spend $2,000+
Limit 2.
Great deal, works out to be 10% back if you spend exactly $2,000 and normal earnings rates apply as well.
Expires 11/15/23. DoC

Bank of America: More Rewards Day
  • Extra 2%/2x On 11/10/23.
  • Bank of America is offering a one-day rewards holiday on Saturday, November 10, 2023 whereby all personal and business cards from Bank of America will earn an extra 2% cash back / 2x rewards points.
  • To learn more go to DoC
CVS Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $40 Spend
Expires 11/23/23. GCG

Discover: Targeted via email / Offers vary
Extra 7% Cashback When Using Digital Wallet
Expires 12/31/23, Read comments. DoC

Added Offers ~ 10/11/23

Rite Aid
1697046397629.png

Big Gift Card Event has been Extended
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $20 BonusCash
    • Includes: Aeropostale, Applebee’s, Burlington, Doordash, Fanatics, Gap Options, Golden Corral, H&M, Hulu, Macy’s, Mix it Up, Netflix, Nike, PlayStation, Staples, Topgolf and Uber/Uber Eats
    • Limit 5
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 10/21/23.
  • Buy $25 PayPal Prepaid MasterCard Gift Card & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Limit 2.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 10/15/23 - 10/21/23.
Credit Cards and More

Walgreens

1697047289779.png

• Buy any TWO Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Walgreens gift card
    • Includes: Cinemark, Fanatics or Red Robin
    • Best option, buy 2 - $10 Cinemark
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 10/15/23 - 10/21/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards: Drugstores
  • Walgreens also accepts: Apple Pay

Office Depot/Office Maxx
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $20 in rewards
    • Includes: Choice, Giving Good & Spafinder
    • Limit 1 per household/business.
    • Expires 10/21/23. GCG
Credit Cards and More
  • Office Depot US Bank Offer:
    • Spend $1,000 or more in combined purchases and earn a $50 statement credit, OR
    • Spend $400 or more in combined purchases and earn a $25 statement credit.
    • Expires 10/31/23. Post #18861
  • Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x Ultimate Rewards.
  • OD/OM also accepts: Apple Pay
  • With Chase, BOA Offers, Buy gift cards in-store so they track.
  • Split payment is offered however not all cashiers know how to do it. YMMV.
  • Rakuten In-Store Offer can be stacked with credit card offers when available. YMMV

Exclusions? Gift cards on the list?
"Cash back is not available on the purchase of Gift Cards, D23 memberships, subscription boxes, subscriptions to Disney+ Theme park tickets or packages."

Also: "Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void cash back."

"Cash back is not available on the purchase of Gift Cards, D23 memberships, subscription boxes, subscriptions to Disney+ Theme park tickets or packages."

Also: "Use of coupon/promotional codes not listed on Rakuten may void cash back."

Thank you. And thank you @Cruising Engineer for posting the offer!
I'm passing on it as I have never been paid on gc through Rakuten. I'm jinxed! :(

Edit to add: Quite a few peeps have had success though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter