I have a $10 Rainforest Cafe GC that I'd like to use up on an upcoming trip, but we're not planning on doing any table service. Does anyone know if there's grab and go drinks or snacks in their restaurant's giftshop at AK?

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday, so I never even noticed the offer I received. Pooey!!
I wasn't on this thread yesterday and missed it myself :(. Oh well.

The good news is that my Target Circle award is $20 for 4 $50 purchases. My $50 AT&T prepaid phone card purchases counts! I'm getting $5 off of the card and then another $2.25 off using my Target card for a savings of $7.25 which is a 15% savings. If I account for my Target Circle earnings of $5 per card, I'm now saving 25%! I use the cards to pay for my prepaid cell phone bill in advance, saving me taxes and fees on my account. Win-Win-Win.

I have a $10 Rainforest Cafe GC that I'd like to use up on an upcoming trip, but we're not planning on doing any table service. Does anyone know if there's grab and go drinks or snacks in their restaurant's giftshop at AK?
You can grab and go from the bar at Y&Y drinks and food. Just walk inside and go to the left side of the bar, don't need to wait at the front desk. (You can redeem a Rainforest Cafe at almost any Landry's.)

If you try to spend it at Rainforest Café you'll spend the gc and a whole lot more as you walk through the gift shop to the restaurant/bar. I've learned that one the hard way over the years :rotfl2:

You can grab and go from the bar at Y&Y drinks and food. Just walk inside and go to the left side of the bar, don't need to wait at the front desk. (You can redeem a Rainforest Cafe at almost any Landry's.)

If you try to spend it at Rainforest Café you'll spend the gc and a whole lot more as you walk through the gift shop to the restaurant/bar. I've learned that one the hard way over the years :rotfl2:
Thanks! That's good to know. I figured I'd need it to be a generic Landry card to use it elsewhere. Y&Y for the win. :-)

Some new amex offers just hit, mine included:

25% back on purchases made at walmart.com up to $25 back, may trigger with physical giftcards as it only specifically excludes bulk and e-giftcards. Happy spending!
According to Doc, the Walmart offer is only on the Amex cards with the high annual fees like the Platinum. So that is probably why most people here are not seeing it.

For those who have the Lowes Amex offer, Lowes has run a promotion in the first week of December for the last 3 years where if you buy a $200 Visa gift card, they give you a Lowe's gift card of $10 - $15. Since the offer is good until December 31, it might be worth it to wait if you are interested in this offer.

I try to stack Chase 5% with Kroger 4x fuel rewards and never had an issue until today. Since grocery isn’t currently a 5x category, I used Chase ink cash card to purchase MC gift cards at Office Depot with their current $15 off $300 promo. Since I have to renew annual passes now, I purchased enough $200 to cover the large amount. In the past, I’ve been able to do unlimited $200 gc purchases using the visa/mc gift cards checking out one at a time and processing as debit.

Today I was limited to two transactions at one register with the MC gas. I even went to the customer service desk and had the same issue there. Guess it will just take a little more effort and having to go to separate registers and only get two at a time now.
Did you ever try buying the $500 ones? Since you are doing it as debit and putting in your pin it should remove the $200 from the total and then ask for an additional payment method. Repeat with two more visa/mc from Office Depot and you are left with $100 v/mc and a Disney $500 GC and 2,000 fuel points to save on gas.

This worked for me but haven’t tried it lately.

Starting Friday 11/3 Sam’s Club will have $200 Disney electronic GCs for $180. Limit 2. In the past it’s been 2 per membership and sale started at midnight. Plus members can access 2 hours early. Will try it at 10pm on Thursday 11/2 and loop back here View attachment 805895View attachment 805897

Posted this a few pages back ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...deals-and-more.3784942/page-993#post-65119138 ) - but good reminder, wish Sam's wasn't so strict on their 2 per member limit, they even limit it by membership - so if you have 2 people on the same membership they still limit you to 2. It is good to allow as many people to buy as possible I guess, but BJs usually has no limit on their Black Friday DGC sales.

Will definitely be trying at 10pm on 11/2. Don't forget to combine with a Chase Freedom 5% discount for ~14% off total.

Posted this a few pages back ( https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...deals-and-more.3784942/page-993#post-65119138 ) - but good reminder, wish Sam's wasn't so strict on their 2 per member limit, they even limit it by membership - so if you have 2 people on the same membership they still limit you to 2. It is good to allow as many people to buy as possible I guess, but BJs usually has no limit on their Black Friday DGC sales.

Will definitely be trying at 10pm on 11/2. Don't forget to combine with a Chase Freedom 5% discount for ~14% off total.
Last year we were able to get it early using the app but I’m only seeing it for $185 right now (out of stock). I have plus as well but would like to check this one off the list earlier than 10 pm :)

Last year we were able to get it early using the app but I’m only seeing it for $185 right now (out of stock). I have plus as well but would like to check this one off the list earlier than 10 pm :)

Agreed - I suspect the $200 eDGC was available early mostly because it was a new item last year (previously the only DGC denominations from Sam's Club online were $500, $100, $150, $75, $50, $25). This year it isn't new, so they have last year's listing at $185 still up there and will lower the price to $180 at the correct time. Agree, it would be awesome if it were earlier though!

Sorry for reposting. Thanks for the extra tips.

I wasn't on this thread yesterday and missed it myself :(. Oh well.

The good news is that my Target Circle award is $20 for 4 $50 purchases. My $50 AT&T prepaid phone card purchases counts! I'm getting $5 off of the card and then another $2.25 off using my Target card for a savings of $7.25 which is a 15% savings. If I account for my Target Circle earnings of $5 per card, I'm now saving 25%! I use the cards to pay for my prepaid cell phone bill in advance, saving me taxes and fees on my account. Win-Win-Win.
How did you get the first $5 off the $50 card?
I understand the red card and Circle savings

Did your first step ever update? I have a $35 reward after 3 $120 purchases but am hesitant to use it after reading the issues people are having.
I did a chat with target. Was told that merchandise cards and visa, mastercard and AE are excluded. I mentioned that it was disney an entertainment card. The agent said that he could not do anything as it is auto generated. And that I had to complete the 3 steps. But I have proof that step 1 was completed so he said to complete the next 2 steps and chat back and I will get the $20 bonus. I did not want to cause any problems but he did not sound like he knew too much as he had to go back and ask others for answers.

Did your first step ever update? I have a $35 reward after 3 $120 purchases but am hesitant to use it after reading the issues people are having.
Mine never updated but my bonus shows activated again. The team member I chatted with said after the promotion ends they can manually fix it. Since I need the giftcards anyhow I’ll probably give it a try and make my last two purchases

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter