• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just in time. I ended up buying a PS5 using the Amex dell.com $120 off $600. With cashback from Rakuten it will end up costing me $428 for PS5 slim, Spider-Man 2 digital game, extra controller and cat6 cable (needed a filler to pass $600) Now I need to pick up some digital games that are on sale.
So Rakuten definitely tracked for the PS5? I don't see electronics listed as one of the current categories for the Rakuten on Dell. Would like to take advantage of the AMEX credit with this but the Rakuten would definitely push me to do it!

@PolyRob thanks so much for being someone that can read let alone the fine print!!

I absolutely missed that and was in the mindset of one purchase!!!

Yes it is super annoying. I can’t return as recycling has already picked up the box.

I thought about rebuying and returning that with the original receipt but wasn’t sure if they tracked serial numbers.

@PolyRob has given me hope :)

Purchase posted on 11/19 so hopefully the credit will post soon
No problem! I was trying to figure out how to maximize it so I was being cautious.

So Rakuten definitely tracked for the PS5? I don't see electronics listed as one of the current categories for the Rakuten on Dell. Would like to take advantage of the AMEX credit with this but the Rakuten would definitely push me to do it!
Dell is up to 15% now.

The consoles are technically listed under "accessories" so they should have tracked at 12% the other day.

No problem! I was trying to figure out how to maximize it so I was being cautious.

I have not received the statement credit yet but I did receive 3 emails this morning from AMEX.

2 were for the 1 extra membership reward point per $ spent for online purchases.

The other mentioned the $25 back.

Thanks again for pointing out the fine print!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2822.png
    IMG_2822.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
Can’t use on gift cards. But can use to help make your other purchases for your deals. For some reason there seems to be an any purchase coupon that is under “toys and sports”. Some are x off y amount. Some are 20% off total purchase. (Husbands account is new and has that one)

Did you look at the category at the top on the PlayStation 5 listing? It’s under accessories.

IMG_1992.png

Does anyone know if there is a limit on cash back through Rakuten on Sams Club purchases? Or a number of times you can activate the offer? I don’t see anything listed on the site. My SW gift cards are currently tracking ($96 back for two gift cards), but now I’m thinking of getting a Nintendo Switch for my son and would love the 12% back on that as well.

Noticed on 2 of my Chase Sapphire cards I have 10% Cashback at Sam's Club up to $24!

Combine with the 12% Cashback at Rakuten and the already discounted Disney gift cards and you have a pretty good deal for $240 worth of Disney Gift Cards (you'll likely need to buy $250 to maximize the Chase offer).

Too bad Sam's Club limits you on how many you can purchase.

1700750739210.png

Last edited:
Noticed on 2 of my Chase Sapphire cards I have 10% Cashback at Sam's Club up to $24!

Combine with the 12% Cashback at Rakuten and the already discounted Disney gift cards and you have a pretty good deal for $240 worth of Disney Gift Cards (you'll likely need to buy $250 to maximize the Chase offer).

View attachment 812853
Physical or e-DGC?

Physical or e-DGC?

Both - Sam's limits you to a maximum of 2 of any type of Disney Gift Card (physical and virtual) but also can limits how many you can purchase over time. I was unable to purchase either of the $75 gift card packs for example because I purchased 2 of each of them all the way back on August 9th, 2023. It still says there is a limit of 2 and they are restricting how many I can purchase today.

This is the error message I get: "For a period of time, there's a limit of 2 items per membership and you cannot buy anymore. You can always check back in the near future to buy more. Try again."

However, I was able to buy 2 of the $150 gift card physical packs and the last time I purchased them was October 9th, 2023 - actually it doesn't seem like they limit how many of these you can purchase over time (still a limit of 2 per transaction) as I just purchased 2 of them and I was immediately able to add 2 more to my cart.

But - I just bought 2 $50 e-DGC's in an earlier transaction and now if I try to buy 2 more, it says the same error message that I get with the $75 DGCs.

View attachment 812853
Do you think this would also work with buying a Sam's Club gift card?

Do you think this would also work with buying a Sam's Club gift card?

Chase wouldn't have any insight into what you're buying - so the Chase $24 credit should work with no problem.

Rakuten isn't explicitly excluding gift cards of any type - so theoretically it should track, but its always YMMV when it comes to cashback sites.

But 1 data point, last time Rakuten did not exclude gift cards in October I think, my Disney Gift Card purchase did track and is scheduled to payout.

Both - Sam's limits you to a maximum of 2 of any type of Disney Gift Card (physical and virtual) but also can limits how many you can purchase over time. I was unable to purchase either of the $75 gift card packs for example because I purchased 2 of each of them all the way back on August 9th, 2023. It still says there is a limit of 2 and they are restricting how many I can purchase today.

This is the error message I get: "For a period of time, there's a limit of 2 items per membership and you cannot buy anymore. You can always check back in the near future to buy more. Try again."

However, I was able to buy 2 of the $150 gift card physical packs and the last time I purchased them was October 9th, 2023 - actually it doesn't seem like they limit how many of these you can purchase over time (still a limit of 2 per transaction) as I just purchased 2 of them and I was immediately able to add 2 more to my cart.

But - I just bought 2 $50 e-DGC's in an earlier transaction and now if I try to buy 2 more, it says the same error message that I get with the $75 DGCs.
I just received confirmation "Cha-Ching" on 2-$500 DGC from RAK. Let's see if it comes through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter