Did anyone see Sam’s is 12 percent cash back on Rakuten…gift cards are not specifically excluded.
They are excluded under the general Rakuten cash back terms. Just so you know, YMMV. You may still get it, but if one hits and one doesn't...I would hesitate to raise it in help as they may void the other. One thing that always may help it hit is adding just a random item to throw off the total from an even $250 or what not.

8. CASH BACK EXCLUSIONS

8.1 Cash Back is earned on your net purchase amount, which excludes taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations, and extended warranties. Purchases of gift cards do not qualify for Cash Back. Cash Back amounts vary by store and product category and may contain exclusions in the terms of the offer and/or the applicable store page. Please review these terms carefully.

https://www.rakuten.com/help/article/cash-back-shopping-program-terms-360002101668

Did anyone who ordered the discounted egift cards from Staples on Monday receive them? I ordered 3 of the home sweet home, and on the Staples page it says shipped and I would receive them within 24 hours, but I haven't got anything in my inbox or spam box.

(Maybe this just isn't my week, after the gift card from mygiftcardsplus never got to my email either!)

Guess where I’m going tomorrow? Disney gift cards were featured on the commercial. Hy-Vee is not my usual grocery store because it’s more expensive than my regular store. But still, a great deal.

BTW, my deal last year where I bought a ton of Visa/Mastercard gift cards at Hy-Vee was throttled down to only $10 off 1 $150 gift card instead of $30 off $450. It just wasn’t worth it with a $6-$7 activation fee.

1700761275794.jpeg

I really don't need anymore DGC, especially with no trip planned at the moment 🤣

Was kicking around getting the $250 SW gc or looking at the other gift cards. The stack is hard to resist!
DH and I just had this conversation too 😁

Guess where I’m going tomorrow? Disney gift cards were featured on the commercial. Hy-Vee is not my usual grocery store because it’s more expensive than my regular store. But still, a great deal.

BTW, my deal last year where I bought a ton of Visa/Mastercard gift cards at Hy-Vee was throttled down to only $10 off 1 $150 gift card instead of $30 off $450. It just wasn’t worth it with a $6-$7 activation fee.

View attachment 812897
Saw a photo ad. Should stack with your favorite grocery credit card.

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
So Rakuten definitely tracked for the PS5? I don't see electronics listed as one of the current categories for the Rakuten on Dell. Would like to take advantage of the AMEX credit with this but the Rakuten would definitely push me to do it!
If you don’t mind the old ‘fat’ PS5 with no game then it will be a Target circle offer for tomorrow 11/24 for 349.99. It’s a leak from merchandising so it’s unclear if it’s in store only or online as well. Some claim each store is only getting 5.

Last edited:
For anyone near a Meijer, they have a gift card deal valid tomorrow and Saturday where you get 20,000 mperks points (a/k/a $20 in store credit) when you buy at least $50 in gift cards. My recollection is that this is one of the stronger gift card deals at Meijer in quite a while. The limit is 20,000 points per customer, unfortunately. Excluded from this deal are Meijer gift cards, Amazon, prepaid debit, Visa, Mastercard and phone cards. The terms also state that you can buy the gift cards at either the main store or the gas station, so if the gas station works better for you, go for it.

I did. They gave me $48 today

UPDATE: RAK just posted $116.40 for the 2-$500 DGC .... Chaaa-Ching!

Just a reminder that last November, a lot of people had cash post from Rakuten when buying gift cards but it got cancelled before paying out. And some people even got it clawed back after paying out and had their accounts go negative. So I'm just saying, don't get too excited yet.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457169

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457825

Did anyone see Sam’s is 12 percent cash back on Rakuten…gift cards are not specifically excluded.

Noticed on 2 of my Chase Sapphire cards I have 10% Cashback at Sam's Club up to $24!

Combine with the 12% Cashback at Rakuten and the already discounted Disney gift cards and you have a pretty good deal for $240 worth of Disney Gift Cards (you'll likely need to buy $250 to maximize the Chase offer).

Too bad Sam's Club limits you on how many you can purchase.

View attachment 812853

Both - Sam's limits you to a maximum of 2 of any type of Disney Gift Card (physical and virtual) but also can limits how many you can purchase over time. I was unable to purchase either of the $75 gift card packs for example because I purchased 2 of each of them all the way back on August 9th, 2023. It still says there is a limit of 2 and they are restricting how many I can purchase today.

This is the error message I get: "For a period of time, there's a limit of 2 items per membership and you cannot buy anymore. You can always check back in the near future to buy more. Try again."

However, I was able to buy 2 of the $150 gift card physical packs and the last time I purchased them was October 9th, 2023 - actually it doesn't seem like they limit how many of these you can purchase over time (still a limit of 2 per transaction) as I just purchased 2 of them and I was immediately able to add 2 more to my cart.

But - I just bought 2 $50 e-DGC's in an earlier transaction and now if I try to buy 2 more, it says the same error message that I get with the $75 DGCs.
Hmmm I have the Chase offer across 6 cards. I am tempted to join Sam's Club for $20 to try and get as many as possible. If the $150 isn't limited it would still be a decent return at 23% if Rakuten tracks.

They are excluded under the general Rakuten cash back terms. Just so you know, YMMV. You may still get it, but if one hits and one doesn't...I would hesitate to raise it in help as they may void the other. One thing that always may help it hit is adding just a random item to throw off the total from an even $250 or what not.

8. CASH BACK EXCLUSIONS

8.1 Cash Back is earned on your net purchase amount, which excludes taxes, fees, shipping, gift-wrapping, discounts or credits, returns or cancellations, and extended warranties. Purchases of gift cards do not qualify for Cash Back. Cash Back amounts vary by store and product category and may contain exclusions in the terms of the offer and/or the applicable store page. Please review these terms carefully.

https://www.rakuten.com/help/article/cash-back-shopping-program-terms-360002101668
I always find this fascinating considering giftcards.com and giftcardmall.com are Rakuten merchants.

Just a reminder that last November, a lot of people had cash post from Rakuten when buying gift cards but it got cancelled before paying out. And some people even got it clawed back after paying out and had their accounts go negative. So I'm just saying, don't get too excited yet.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457169

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457825
Yeah i would keep an eye out on that. Mine tracked got the chac ching and a month later they
took it back. After several back and forth emails they put it back. It was 180 dollars. I will see
if i get it when my check comes. I decided I'm not going to chance it anymore. Only if I needed to
get the item anyway. I'm still waiting on a chase cash back from October while they "investigate"
what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter