I think I missed something; are you able to buy DGC from Apple or why is everyone buying Apple gift cards?
Sorry, this is part of the "and more" of the thread. iTunes GCs can be used on any Apple purchase so iPhones, MacBooks, App Store purchases, etc. It's just a great way to get these items that rarely get discounted directly from Apple at a nice discount.

Sorry, this is part of the "and more" of the thread. iTunes GCs can be used on any Apple purchase so iPhones, MacBooks, App Store purchases, etc. It's just a great way to get these items that rarely get discounted directly from Apple at a nice discount.
Exactly! Knowing I would be buying a new iPhone this fall, I lucked out when Target had the $10 Target GC with $100 Apple GC purchase promo running in July/August in conjunction with the Circle Bonus (buy $X 3 times earn $Y Target rewards). Between maxing out on the Circle Bonus and the Cash App Target 10% discount, I got $1000 worth of Apple gift cards at 22% average discount, so that really took the sting out of a new iPhone. However, when I placed my iPhone order online, I found out that they have a max limit of 8 gift cards on one purchse, so I had $200 worth of gift cards left over that I redeemed in my Apple account to pay monthly bills (Apple News, Apple cloud storage and Apple Care). Online forums state that Apple retail stores may have more flexibility to relax the max 8 gift cards rule.

Exactly! Knowing I would be buying a new iPhone this fall, I lucked out when Target had the $10 Target GC with $100 Apple GC purchase promo running in July/August in conjunction with the Circle Bonus (buy $X 3 times earn $Y Target rewards). Between maxing out on the Circle Bonus and the Cash App Target 10% discount, I got $1000 worth of Apple gift cards at 22% average discount, so that really took the sting out of a new iPhone. However, when I placed my iPhone order online, I found out that they have a max limit of 8 gift cards on one purchse, so I had $200 worth of gift cards left over that I redeemed in my Apple account to pay monthly bills (Apple News, Apple cloud storage and Apple Care). Online forums state that Apple retail stores may have more flexibility to relax the max 8 gift cards rule.
Exactly! It's a nice chunk of change. You can also load your Apple account balance up to $2,000 and apply that to purchases online (doesn't work in store).

I have chase offers of 15% for Disney Plus on several cards: CFU, CFF, CSP
Earn 15% cash back on your first payment for a Disney+ or Disney Bundle subscription, with a $16.50 cash back maximum.

And 20% offer on my Chase Disney card.
Earn 20% cash back on your first payment for a Disney+ or Disney Bundle subscription, with a $22.00 cash back maximum.

For anyone near a Meijer, they have a gift card deal valid tomorrow and Saturday where you get 20,000 mperks points (a/k/a $20 in store credit) when you buy at least $50 in gift cards. My recollection is that this is one of the stronger gift card deals at Meijer in quite a while. The limit is 20,000 points per customer, unfortunately. Excluded from this deal are Meijer gift cards, Amazon, prepaid debit, Visa, Mastercard and phone cards. The terms also state that you can buy the gift cards at either the main store or the gas station, so if the gas station works better for you, go for it.
This is a great deal. If I use them perks for $1 off gas 2 times and fill the truck I will save $60 in gas so the gift card has a negative cost.

I was able to get 6 orders through my primary account. I have been alternating the regular card and the holiday card.
Yeah they keep canceling my 4th order. I tried later in the day yesterday and even tried using my hubs' Target account this morning with my RedCard. At least I got three in I guess.

We usually load up on discounted Apple GCs for the Apple Bundle that encompasses Music, News, Fitness, etc. Just put them all in the account and it deducts the balance. I also use it to pay for my Applecare each month.

Just a reminder that last November, a lot of people had cash post from Rakuten when buying gift cards but it got cancelled before paying out. And some people even got it clawed back after paying out and had their accounts go negative. So I'm just saying, don't get too excited yet.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457169

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64457825
I was just about to purchase some then saw your post... Not sure if I want to chance it as I don't really need the GC right this minute.

On another note, anyone know if the Disney+ gift card from Sam's can be used with disneygiftcard site or like a general disney gc? It is currently the best discount (albeit, not by much).

Exactly! It's a nice chunk of change. You can also load your Apple account balance up to $2,000 and apply that to purchases online (doesn't work in store).

I just bought the iphone 15 pro at the Apple Store on Wednesday, I have been buying apple gift cards on sale for the last year and loaded them all into my apple account. We bought it during our annual shopping trip to Delaware, which is around a 200 mile round trip for us. We make all our major purchases there so we don't have to contribute to our Governors slush fund (they have a fancy name for it, they call it sales tax!).

The biggest issue I had was when trying to purchase on the apple website, it kept giving me an error message on the last step when I hit purchase that the item you want is not available for pickup. It seemed strange because the website said it was in stock at the Apple store in Delaware and even when I called customer service they got the same error message I got and said it must mean the inventory wasn't updated. But after 3 days of the same message, I knew something was wrong and we finally figured out that Apple had locked our account because we hadn't purchased anything recently. (You would think they could give an error message telling you the account is locked, not just say the item isn't available for pickup which even their own customer service agents didn't know the problem). But once they sent the issue over to the correct department, they unlocked the account within a few hours.

As I posted around a week or 2 ago, straight talk had the iphone SE on sale for $99 (deal is over now), I bought 3 of them and traded them in each to apple for a $160 gift card so we eneded up getting $480 of apple gift cards for around $290. So we are halfway toward purchasing our next phone!

Saw a photo ad. Should stack with your favorite grocery credit card.
For those who shop at HyVee, I can confirm that this worked this morning for Disney gift cards. There is a $1000 per transaction limit, but they will let you run multiple transactions. So per transaction, you can buy two $500 DGC's, then receive 10 $20 HyVee gift cards -- assuming you were going to spend $$ at HyVee anyway, it's the equivalent of 20% off DGCs.

Note that this also works for other gift cards as well. I did Disney but others around me were buying Apple, Starbucks, etc. Whatever vendors you see in the image that was posted earlier are eligible.

I just went to purchase something at Sams Club after activating Rakuten, but then I noticed that pick up orders are only at 1%. Does that mean I won’t get the 12% back if I have to use store pick-up? The item is sold out online and same day delivery and pick up are the only options. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
For those who shop at HyVee, I can confirm that this worked this morning for Disney gift cards. There is a $1000 per transaction limit, but they will let you run multiple transactions. So per transaction, you can buy two $500 DGC's, then receive 10 $20 HyVee gift cards -- assuming you were going to spend $$ at HyVee anyway, it's the equivalent of 20% off DGCs.

Note that this also works for other gift cards as well. I did Disney but others around me were buying Apple, Starbucks, etc. Whatever vendors you see in the image that was posted earlier are eligible.
Same for me at my Hyvee, but they put the entire $200 on a single HY-VEE gift card rather than giving me 10 $20 gift cards. Really easy deal - I might go back for more this afternoon or evening, and I might grab additional brands.

In re: the HyVee deal - I saw someone post on SD that you can use your HyVee gift cards to purchase 3rd party gift cards. Is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter