How frequently do the BJ's gift card discounts change? I had bought some when the discount was about 7% a couple of weeks ago. When I went in yesterday, I didn't see any with 'bonuses', so they were only about 3-4% discount at most. Today I see a couple with bonuses that bring them to about 5.5-6% discount ($100 and $500 cards specifically). But I could have been mistaken on all of this. Is that normal or was I mistaken. Will they change day to day? Are they always consistent on-line for everybody or are they targeted like some of the credit card offers? Just curious. Thanks
I noticed that as well. Since around Black Friday they have fluctuated in %. $473.49 for $500 now. About 5% off. On Dec 11 I bought 10 $50 cards totaling $464.90 about 7% off.

Do Amex Offers disappear? I finally got an email earlier today about getting a $25 off $250 at Best Buy on my Amex plat and then I went to look this evening and the offer is gone from the list in my email and not showing up in my offers. Was I too slow to add it? A lesson for me, I guess!

I was not able to make a third purchase for Costco DGCs, cancelled immediately.
me too :(

Do Amex Offers disappear? I finally got an email earlier today about getting a $25 off $250 at Best Buy on my Amex plat and then I went to look this evening and the offer is gone from the list in my email and not showing up in my offers. Was I too slow to add it? A lesson for me, I guess!

I was not able to make a third purchase for Costco DGCs, cancelled immediately.
Yes. As soon as you see an Amex offer add it, they put the offers out to X number of people but there are only Y number of offers. If you aren’t fast enough to save it, you miss it.

Thanks for the DGC Costco Freedom tips. I bought 2 DGC with my husband's CF on Thursday and 2 on Friday. Both went through and I applied them to DVC dues immediately. I plan to try my CF on Monday for 2 more sets if offer is still good.🤞 Strange how some second transactions are getting canceled right away.

Target has a Deal of the Day on Disneyland Tixs. Get a $20 Target GC when you spend $100 on DL Tixs. The offer says Disneyland GCs but the only ones that are eligble seem like tixs. It's only good for today and you must save the circle offer. Probably can use your Redcard for 5% off too.
https://www.target.com/circle/o/target-circle/-/485812912
This is perfect timing as we are planning a last minute trip! I just ordered two of these as separate transactions for 2-day tickets. It looks like I could apply the offer more than once and it gave me my 5% red card discount. Overall saved about $27 per ticket compared to my usual discount ticket seller.

Update: I received both $20 giftcards by email.

Last edited:
This is perfect timing as we are planning a last minute trip! I just ordered two of these as separate transactions for 2-day tickets. It looks like I could apply the offer more than once and it gave me my 5% red card discount. Overall saved about $27 per ticket compared to my usual discount ticket seller.

Update: I received both $20 giftcards by email.
I'm not seeing the $27 per ticket value here. Would you mind sharing your math compared to buying tickets from Disneyland.com using 5% discounted Disney GCs from Target?

One minor thing I noticed. Because of the coupon, you only get the 5% RedCard discount on $20 less than the tickets you buy. So if you want a 3-day PH pass with Genie+, it's $550-($530*5%) = $523.50. Compare that to if you buy $550 in ordinary Disney GCs to use on Disneyland.com. Those only cost you $550-($550*5%) = $522.50. So you are paying $1 more in order to get a $20 Target GC that you can't spend at Disney or on Disney GC.

Also, GetAwayToday sells you the 3-day PH pass with Genie+ for $522, so you are really paying $1.50 for a $20 Target GC.

Don't get me wrong. There is value in a $20 Target GC for $1.50, but you are still spending more money than you would have spent at GetAwayToday.

Last edited:
You are getting a $20 Target gift card on at best a $300 ticket. Is that really worth it? 10% would be $30. If you could buy a $100 DGC then it would be amazing. But if you bought 2 $250 DGCs from Costco it would be $450 for $500 worth of DGCs and you could use it to buy Disneyland tickets from Disney directly. Since you can buy more than 2 it seems, rinse and repeat. That seems better than the Target deal?

I'm not seeing the $27 per ticket value here. Would you mind sharing your math compared to buying tickets from Disneyland.com using 5% discounted Disney GCs from Target?

My math might not be good! I was comparing to Undercover Tourist pricing for a 2-day non-park hopper ticket ($302) and in my mind including the value of the $20 Target GC in the equation (we buy groceries at Target weekly).

Target's price on the 2 day ticket was $310. With my 5% that was $294.50, then with the $20 Target GC value, I calculated $274.50. So $27 less that Undercover Tourist per ticket (and $35.50 less than buying from Disney direct).

One minor thing I noticed. Because of the coupon, you only get the 5% RedCard discount on $20 less than the tickets you buy. So if you want a 3-day PH pass with Genie+, it's $550-($530*5%) = $523.50. Compare that to if you buy $550 in ordinary Disney GCs to use on Disneyland.com. Those only cost you $550-($550*5%) = $522.50. So you are paying $1 more in order to get a $20 Target GC that you can't spend at Disney or on Disney GC.

You are right about the $20 less thing on the discount. I didn't catch that when I was making the purchase.

Also, GetAwayToday sells you the 3-day PH pass with Genie+ for $522, so you are really paying $1.50 for a $20 Target GC.

Don't get me wrong. There is value in a $20 Target GC for $1.50, but you are still spending more money than you would have spent at GetAwayToday.

Looks like GetAwayToday is $308 for the ticket type I purchased. So it still feels like a savings to me. It might not be for some of the different ticket types.

You are getting a $20 Target gift card on at best a $300 ticket. Is that really worth it? 10% would be $30. If you could buy a $100 DGC then it would be amazing. But if you bought 2 $250 DGCs from Costco it would be $450 for $500 worth of DGCs and you could use it to buy Disneyland tickets from Disney directly. Since you can buy more than 2 it seems, rinse and repeat. That seems better than the Target deal?
Agreed. The Costco deal is probably better (although I think I did save more than 10% when I include the GC value compared to tickets direct from Disney). We also aren't Costco members.

I did see someone's earlier post about the groupon for membership but I wasn't sure if the deal was still happening. I've always bought my tickets through UT or GetawayToday so it didn't even occur to me to use DGC for tickets. We are however staying onsite so I might consider joining Costco to save on other parts of the trip.

Thanks. I just bought 2 $250 DGCs for $224.99 each. Nice to get $500 at 10.004% off! Anything helps.

Can you buy the $250 DGCs in a Costco store, or only online?

How long did it take for the AMEX/Best Buy promo to be acknowledged? I bought $250 of physical GCs several days ago but have not gotten email from AMEX that I got the $25 reward and it still shows as available

When I did the Home Depot reward I got the email the same day I made the purchase, but maybe it depends on when the store reports those?

Citi is having a 10% sale on various gift cards if you use ThankYou points. The most interesting to me is the Season's Greeting gift card. It is run as a credit card so it works for buying gift cards. Lowe's and Gamestop are two of the places it works if you want to get DGC.

https://www.thankyou.com/gcLanding....cell=1010&LID=seeallgiftcardscta&ZID=MODULE_B

https://www.thankyou.com/gcProductDetail.htm?productId=5X66T4FCSVV42LHMNS0HMVHYRM&src=TYUSENG

Merry Christmas everyone! I finally had a chance to take my Season's Greeting gift card over to Lowe's and exchange it for a DGC. Worked seamlessly as a credit payment. Thank you for posting about this sale! I figured I can always use the gift card organically if the DGC didn't work.

At the Vanilla Visa site, promo code LASTMINUTE23 waives the purchase fee for eGift cards $50 and over. The code is valid through December 25. There do not appear to be any other fees--I assumed they would sneakily tack on a 'service charge' or some some rubbish, but this code actually seems to work.

Added 12/24/23

Discount District

Best Buy
1703439511357.png

Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Amex Offer: Spend $250+ in one or more transactions at Best Buy & get $25 back with an Amex Offer.
  • Apple Pay Amex offer: via Everyday card
    Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more purchases using Apple Pay on your eligible mobile device.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter