I did everything they said to do, and waited till today to try ordering again. This time they canceled my order and reset my account password due to suspicious activity.
Walmart online gc are a mess, the majority of us can't get them to work. It's pretty much the one gc deal I don't touch anymore because it just leads to frustration, annoyance and more frustration...

Walmart online gc are a mess, the majority of us can't get them to work. It's pretty much the one gc deal I don't touch anymore because it just leads to frustration, annoyance and more frustration...
So I called customer service again and then spent over an hour on hold while they switched me from one department to another. I was finishing up work for the day so I didn't mind too much about waiting. The last csr was salty but somehow magically reset my account but I couldn't try for another hour. Third time the order actually went through, now to see if I get my 10 bucks on my Chase card. Never again lol.

I just bought 4 today from costco on my login and 2 on my wife's (joint account). I waited about 10 minutes in-between the purchases. 6 covered my current dues with a little left over that we'll just spend at VDH in March :)

Thank you all for the great tips! I have only been waiting for the Best Buy deals. Too bad their isn’t a Costco in my area, though.

Does anyone know how long the gift cards are on sale for at Costco? I am not a Costco member, but if they will be on sale for several more days then it probably makes sense to pay the $60 to join so I can save a few hundred dollars on gift cards.

Does anyone know how long the gift cards are on sale for at Costco? I am not a Costco member, but if they will be on sale for several more days then it probably makes sense to pay the $60 to join so I can save a few hundred dollars on gift cards.
I don’t know the answer to your question, but do you rent cars when you travel? I often find the best deals through Costco which may or may not make it worth it along with buying gift cards.

(Also, the deal is limited, so YMMV how many gift cards you can buy. )

Nobody knows. There is a deal from an outfit called Stack Social to get a $20 Costco card with a new membership link (I know nothing about that outfit) btw. (ETA @FoxC63 for the Costco membership deal)

You may have issues being a brand new account, I feel like someone here did but don’t recall who, and if that’s the case you probably won’t be saving “hundreds” because CS service will only help you with the one order you are allowed per the rules.

I would take the $40 risk if I had a physical store nearby. Odds are you will find yourself buying some stuff there and getting that savings back over the course of a year even if online doesn’t work out. Don’t forget you get a free household member so you’re basically getting 2 memberships.

Last edited:
Office Depot / Office Max

I'm sure this will vary by card for others for the Percent off. It usually capped at $110 max spend to get the max cash back.

Expires 2/17/24

Hopefully somebody gets more than the 5% off.
At least it was on two of my Ink Cash's so I can grab the Visa/MC and then swap for Disney later on.

Sapphire Reserve 5%
Sapphire Preferred 5%
Ink Cash 5%
Freedom Unlimited 5%
IHG 5%
United 5%
Freedom 5%
Disney 5%

1704990605332.png

Nobody knows. There is a deal from an outfit called Stack Social to get a $20 Costco card with a new membership link (I know nothing about that outfit) btw.

You may have issues being a brand new account, I feel like someone here did but don’t recall who, and if that’s the case you probably won’t be saving “hundreds” because CS service will only help you with the one order you are allowed per the rules.

I would take the $40 risk if I had a physical store nearby. Odds are you will find yourself buying some stuff there and getting that savings back over the course of a year even if online doesn’t work out. Don’t forget you get a free household member so you’re basically getting 2 memberships.
I think I have seen that offer on Groupon before too. Not sure if it is going on now though.

Office Depot / Office Max

I'm sure this will vary by card for others for the Percent off. It usually capped at $110 max spend to get the max cash back.

Expires 2/17/24

Hopefully somebody gets more than the 5% off.
At least it was on two of my Ink Cash's so I can grab the Visa/MC and then swap for Disney later on.

Sapphire Reserve 5%
Sapphire Preferred 5%
Ink Cash 5%
Freedom Unlimited 5%
IHG 5%
United 5%
Freedom 5%
Disney 5%

View attachment 824927
I got:
5% Southwest
10% Disney

Guess it's 'random'?

Added Offers & Updates ~ 1/11/24 / Discount District

CVS

1704995034890.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Extrabucks
    • Includes: Applebee's, Domino's, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Maggiano's, On The Border, Panera Bread, Sony Playstation or Wendy's
    • Limit 1 per household with card.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 1/14/24 – 1/20/24.
Credit Cards & More
  • Discover 5% Q1 2024: Drugstores
  • BOA Cash Rewards: Drugstores
  • CVS also accepts Apple Pay, Google Pay & PayPal via QR code

Nobody knows. There is a deal from an outfit called Stack Social to get a $20 Costco card with a new membership link (I know nothing about that outfit) btw. (ETA @FoxC63 for the Costco membership deal)

Agreed. I don’t have a Costco near me, so the ROI isn’t there for me to do this.

On a completely separate note, it appears this thread covers more than just Disney related savings. Is that correct? There seem to be a lot of post/comments that are referencing savings on just random things.

This ^ I don't bother either. When I saw the offers being posted I didn't even look to see if I had them.

Agree with @gottalovepluto No one knows how long this offer will last. I was just astounded they finally decided to get in the game.
Now I'm hoping stores will start selling Universal Orlando Resort gift cards!

Last edited:

Costco is also wonderful in that, if you find you aren't buying enough at your local warehouse, I believe you can request a refund of your membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter