Thank you! That will help me navigate this page. Question. I noticed on Post 1 it stated that Best Buy has discounted Disney gift cards, but when I went to Best Buy there were no discounted gift cards. Does that mean BB will sometimes have them, or is this page updated as discounts are available?

No, the post does not mention discounted anywhere, it states:

Best Buy
Buy Disney Gift Cards with these targeted offers

Credit Cards and More
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV
@DVCSunDevil slow down and read carefully.
For example,
if BB or any other store offers a discount it will read:
$50 Disney Gift Card for $42.50 or whatever.
Several peeps buy last minute DGC with whatever CC they have, that's why I list options under Credit Cards & More.

My test purchase of a $50 Disney e-gift card from Walmart just worked.

View attachment 825489

Thanks for posting. Just a little confused, it's been long established CC offers work. The issue is Walmart keeps cancelling orders, not all of them but many. Glad it worked out for you!

Has anyone been able to use the disn gift card to pay for post fireworks dessert party when scheduling the adr at 60 days?
The only time I've been able to pay with a Disney GC for a dessert party was when I called in to book it. The anxiety that the party will sell out before I got to a CM just made it not worth it to use a discounted GC for me.

Heads Up Newbies & Lurkers

Target Circle Offers and Target Circle Reward Offers vary per member. The offer you see listed below does not mean you will get the same one. I list it as a reminder to check your Circle account. I include the post # so you can follow along as peeps post what they have and how they plan on using it.

Target Circle Reward Offer: Various offers & expirations
  • Spend $500 & Get $50 Reward
    • Yes, works on Disney gift cards and can be combined with Chase Offer seen below.
    • Reminder, when completing steps do not use Circle earnings, the step will not count. You can use Target GCs to pay towards steps but not circle earnings.
    • Expires 1/21/24, 1/28/24. Post #22249 :thumbsup2 @Love4Eeyore
Credit Cards and More
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards
  • Target Chase Offers: Various
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery Stores
    • Expires 12/31/24.
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV

I just bought a digital $100 Disney GC on my Target app with one of the Chase offers. I know the max amount back is $12 but I didn't want to chance that I would get 2 different charges ($100, $25) if they were emailed out at different times and I end up with just $2.50 back and not the $10. If anyone does two GCs in one order, please let me know how it works out for you.

Thanks for posting. Just a little confused, it's been long established CC offers work. The issue is Walmart keeps cancelling orders, not all of them but many. Glad it worked out for you!
Thanks I knew it was known that it worked on Walmart but someone had asked earlier this week about them. Instead of referring to page 1 where all the answers are, I just did a test purchase. I was really shocked it even went through as that is usually what happens to me.

😁

was your offer 5%?
On that particular card yes it was on purchases until $100. I just did a $50 GC as I was trying to get one to go through. I have other cards with higher offers but that is my default card and I was feeling lazy not wanting to walk downstairs :)

The only time I've been able to pay with a Disney GC for a dessert party was when I called in to book it. The anxiety that the party will sell out before I got to a CM just made it not worth it to use a discounted GC for me.
I wonder if you can book online and then switch the payment method?

I just bought a digital $100 Disney GC on my Target app with one of the Chase offers. I know the max amount back is $12 but I didn't want to chance that I would get 2 different charges ($100, $25) if they were emailed out at different times and I end up with just $2.50 back and not the $10. If anyone does two GCs in one order, please let me know how it works out for you.
That’s what I would have done as the $200 would put a dent in your savings.

Maybe! I also find the time sitting on the phone waiting to talk to a CM a pain in the butt so I try to avoid it at all costs lol. Only time I'll do it now is when I have to book a cabana at the GF. Now that is worth it and I use my discounted GCs to pay for it. My DVC discount on top of it doesn't hurt either!

Unfortunately you can’t. They are unable to switch a payment method for an existing reservation. They would basically have to book you a new one and cancel the one you previously made. I just experienced this recently when I called in to use a gift card to book Hoop Dee Doo and Up Close with Rhinos. The cast member was able to book me Hoop Dee Doo and use my gift card as payment as there was still space available at the time slot I wanted, but Up Close With Rhinos was sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter