A couple DPs on DGC orders with Walmart. I had multiple Chase cards with 15% off at Walmart.com.
Placed an order for e-gift card 1/20, canceled. (Used my mom's Walmart account.) Second attempt 1/21 also canceled.
Placed an order for a physical GC 1/20, shipped 1/22, arrived today. Charge still pending, no Chase credit yet. 🤞🏼
I had the same issues earlier this month, digital GCs at WM always get cancelled for me (and many others). But physical GCs worked. I got 3 from 3 CCs and they have credited

A couple DPs on DGC orders with Walmart. I had multiple Chase cards with 15% off at Walmart.com.
Placed an order for e-gift card 1/20, canceled. (Used my mom's Walmart account.) Second attempt 1/21 also canceled.
Placed an order for a physical GC 1/20, shipped 1/22, arrived today. Charge still pending, no Chase credit yet. 🤞🏼

I had the same issues earlier this month, digital GCs at WM always get cancelled for me (and many others). But physical GCs worked. I got 3 from 3 CCs and they have credited

Thank you so much for posting! It's weird how some orders are being canceled and others are not.

Very useful DP's! :thumbsup2

I'm pretty tuckered so I'm calling it! Here are the offers expiring tonight 1/23/24. I'll be off tomorrow.
Cheers.

Albertson's & Safeway
H-E-B
  • Buy TWO Select Gift Cards & Get $10 H-E-B gift cards free
    • Includes: Cheddar's, Chili's, Darden, Landry's, Pappas, Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse or Wendy's
    • Unlimited use. Digital Coupon
    • Expires 1/23/24. Post #22184
Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's
  • Earn 4x Fuel Points On 3rd Party Gift Cards
  • Also includes prepaid Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards
    • Links Above
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards.
    • Expires 1/23/24. Post #22193
Kroger Online - Blackhawk Network​
  • Earn 4x Fuel Points On 3rd Party Gift Cards
  • Also includes prepaid Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards and Disneyland Park Tickets.
Credit Cards and More
  • Kroger In-Store Chase Offer: Earn 10% back, $9 cb max.
    • Expires 2/02/24.
  • Kroger Fuel Chase Offer: Get 5% back on fuel, $3.50 cb max.
    • Expires 2/02/24.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Kroger also accepts: Apple Pay
Publix
  • Spend $50 or more on Groceries & Get $10 off a $50 Gas Gift Card
    • Original coupon and single transaction for at least $50 in groceries, excluding phone and gift cards, alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps and prescriptions required for each deal.
    • Original coupon and gas card must be presented when purchasing $50 of groceries.
    • Publix accepts only one minimum purchase coupon for every minimum grocery purchase, meaning minimum purchase coupons cannot be combined.
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 1/23/24. Post #22371

I called the DGC line and they said it was blocked and would be unblocked in 1-2 hours. The balance was $250. So that part was fine. 🤪
Did they have to do something to unblock your gift card?

I still have been unable to check balance, add to my Disney Gift Card account or add the gift card to make a payment to my DVC dues, which I thought I would be able to do if the problem was with the gift card website...

Ditto on the latest Costco cards...but when I go through Disney's automated phone system at 877-650-4327, both cards check out with a $250 balance. My guess is that whatever snafu led to it taking about 20 hours to deliver the cards may also be impacting the ability to use on the Disney Gift Card web site. (And that snafu may be why the gift cards are no longer listed on Costco.com )

I'll try it tomorrow.

Did they have to do something to unblock your gift card?

I still have been unable to check balance, add to my Disney Gift Card account or add the gift card to make a payment to my DVC dues, which I thought I would be able to do if the problem was with the gift card website...
Yes, I called the Disney Gift Card number, they got the number, my name and phone number and said they had to email someone and it would be unblocked in 1-2 hours. My TA was able to successfully apply the GC to my hotel reservation after it was unblocked. Only one of my cards was blocked, the other one while I could not add it to the DGC website or check the balance worked fine when applying it to the room reservation.

PSA: if you have a dog that can be territorial/aggressive, MAKE SURE THEY ARE RESTRAINED/NOT AROUND WHENEVER YOU OPEN YOUR DOOR!

My two schnauzers (Apollo and Luna, 20 lbs each), DH, and I were attacked by a German Shepherd that got out of a neighbor's house yesterday during our walk. The dog's mom was opening the door to take a garbage bag out but the dog was right next to her ready to bolt (I could see them as their door is glass. I was able to pick up Luna in time but DH wasn't as quick and the German Shepherd got to Apollo, grabbed him by the neck and shook him, then pinned him down to the ground. It took all our strength between DH and I to separate their jaws from Apollo's neck. I was screaming so hard that I lost my voice, and my chest was hurting for hours after! Worse, from prying the jaws open, DH's hands were bleeding. He is fine, the cuts were only superficial and the dog was up to date on rabies, but it was all so scary and stressful.

Thankfully, Apollo's neck was not punctured. He is very bruised and his neck is swollen, he got some shots for that and for pain from the vet and is on some meds. But nothing was broken and he'll recover, he's already starting to be himself again. The neighbors asked if there was anything they could do and I said "all I really want is for you to never open your door if your dog is not restrained." But of course, we also had them pay the vet bill.
This happened to my DH while he was walking our two dogs. Our dogs (at the time) were a 110# Bullmastiff/Malamute mix and a "Heinz 57" (looks like a Bassett/Beagle...but he's brindle!...and weighs 80#) so the dogs weren't tiny. Our neighbor guy was in the garage working on his car and when DH walked by, they both said hi to each other and before anyone realized it, his new-to-him rescue dog had broke through the screen door and charged at DH. The escapee went after both of our dogs and got some good bites in on both of them before the men got them separated. Fortunately, all of the bites were in non-vital areas (legs and hind quarters), but our bigger dog had a wound drain placed and both of them had several stitches. The emergency vet bill was about $3500 and his homeowner's insurance sent us a check within a week. Everyone involved was calm, but upset about the whole episode. The neighbor said he thought he was trying to do the right thing by rescuing the dog from the animal shelter, but he realized why the dog was there. He ended up surrendering the dog back to the shelter and I think it ended up being euthanized. As a dog lover myself (and I really love those "house hippos":love:), it broke my heart to learn that dog's fate, but I was also tore up seeing my poor dogs wearing cones for a week.

I had an issue with a Costco GC not working on the Disney site in December. I believe a third party handles the Disney GC site. They said my account was blocked, maybe because I had a lot of unusual activity. They said they would email Disney and it would be unlocked with in a day or so.

I had an issue with a Costco GC not working on the Disney site in December. I believe a third party handles the Disney GC site. They said my account was blocked, maybe because I had a lot of unusual activity. They said they would email Disney and it would be unlocked with in a day or so.
The Disney GC site (disneygiftcard.com) is owned by Disney.

The merchant that you bought the card from is using a third party.

When I printed the cards to PDF from Sam's they show "evegift.samsclub.com"
Costco it directed me to https://www.memberedelivery.com/find.html

I believe they are both operated by the same third party and I think Best Buy uses the same company.

Thank you so much for posting! It's weird how some orders are being canceled and others are not.

Very useful DP's! :thumbsup2
Good Morning All!

Placed a Walmart.com order for a $50 Disney GC and some other merchandise on Jan. 18 with my 10% off Chase offer (Disney Visa). Have received my GC and all my merch ordered and Woke up this morning to see my 10% credit applied to my Disney Visa!!

Thanks everybody for all the money saving tips on this board 😊

An intriguing thread has popped up
On the TPAS board of a person with some lousy gift card luck. Card got locked on their last day at the park, they’re not convinced as to why. I think my takeaway here is no combining while on a trip, but I’m wondering what our other gc experts here think. Link

(Fair warning I got on soap box at the end over there 😆 also that OP doesn’t need our advice, their trip is done)

I was at Disney for the past week or so - so just catching up. After reading that thread, I don't understand how the person lost $400 in the gift card transfer? I understand both cards got locked and he had to wait 24 hours for them to unlock, but he said the transfer did not occur, shouldn't the person have been able to transfer the funds again afterwards or use the digital barcode for that gift card?

Worrying to hear you could lose money during a gift card transfer failing - I haven't experienced that myself yet - but would like to understand what happened so it doesn't happen to me!

I have one more 15% off Walmart offer to use. It took about 6 days to receive the credit. Do I chance another order? What happens if it doesn’t credit before the offer expires?

The Disney GC site (disneygiftcard.com) is owned by Disney.

The merchant that you bought the card from is using a third party.

When I printed the cards to PDF from Sam's they show "evegift.samsclub.com"
Costco it directed me to https://www.memberedelivery.com/find.html

I believe they are both operated by the same third party and I think Best Buy uses the same company.
The way the person talked on the phone when I called the Disney gift card line (I was consolidating cards not redeeming them), it sounded like it was a call center operating on behalf of Disney because she kept saying she would contact Disney.

I have one more 15% off Walmart offer to use. It took about 6 days to receive the credit. Do I chance another order? What happens if it doesn’t credit before the offer expires?
I believe it goes by the date of purchase so as long as you purchase on or before 1/31 it should credit. I purchased mine on 1/16 and that's the date that shows in the wallet.

PSA: if you have a dog that can be territorial/aggressive, MAKE SURE THEY ARE RESTRAINED/NOT AROUND WHENEVER YOU OPEN YOUR DOOR!

My two schnauzers (Apollo and Luna, 20 lbs each), DH, and I were attacked by a German Shepherd that got out of a neighbor's house yesterday during our walk. The dog's mom was opening the door to take a garbage bag out but the dog was right next to her ready to bolt (I could see them as their door is glass. I was able to pick up Luna in time but DH wasn't as quick and the German Shepherd got to Apollo, grabbed him by the neck and shook him, then pinned him down to the ground. It took all our strength between DH and I to separate their jaws from Apollo's neck. I was screaming so hard that I lost my voice, and my chest was hurting for hours after! Worse, from prying the jaws open, DH's hands were bleeding. He is fine, the cuts were only superficial and the dog was up to date on rabies, but it was all so scary and stressful.

Thankfully, Apollo's neck was not punctured. He is very bruised and his neck is swollen, he got some shots for that and for pain from the vet and is on some meds. But nothing was broken and he'll recover, he's already starting to be himself again. The neighbors asked if there was anything they could do and I said "all I really want is for you to never open your door if your dog is not restrained." But of course, we also had them pay the vet bill.
I am glad that everyone is alright and hope that Apollo has a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
I was at Disney for the past week or so - so just catching up. After reading that thread, I don't understand how the person lost $400 in the gift card transfer? I understand both cards got locked and he had to wait 24 hours for them to unlock, but he said the transfer did not occur, shouldn't the person have been able to transfer the funds again afterwards or use the digital barcode for that gift card?

Worrying to hear you could lose money during a gift card transfer failing - I haven't experienced that myself yet - but would like to understand what happened so it doesn't happen to me!
OP let it go so I'm gonna respect that over there but here we know the $400 is not lost. Disney can track funds from one gc to another to another to another very fast when they want to so they should also be able to find them in the system stuck in transit. If I were in the OP's shoes I'd be calling back to start a new case tracking down the missing funds knowing I was in for a long wait. If it didn't resolve in a month I'd chargeback the gc charge (because they were newly purchased they should be within the window). I would never type either gc into the website again no matter what.

Unfortunately we can only speculate on what happened. I really don't ever want to deal with whatever happened on vacay so I will no longer buy gc while on vacay and attempt to transfer them.

The way the person talked on the phone when I called the Disney gift card line (I was consolidating cards not redeeming them), it sounded like it was a call center operating on behalf of Disney because she kept saying she would contact Disney.
It certainly possible the customer service is handled by a third party but the site is definitely owned by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter