Got a RedCard Exclusive on one of my RedCards for 5% off one single use online or in-store purchase. It says the standard 5% discount will be applied after the 5% coupon. It does have exclusions and does say that "gift cards" are excluded.
I received the same offer, but can't figure out how to redeem it for an emailed gift card. :(

Data point. I finally got a chance to check my credit cards this weekend. On my Chase Disney Visa I had 10% off at target up to $11. And 15% off at Walmart up to $15. On my Southwest Chase Visa I had 15% off at Walmart up to $15. I ordered three $100 gift cards through RetailMeNot, target offer was at 3%, Walmart was at 1% percent, Walmart gift cards were both E gift cards ordered 24 hours apart. All gift cards were delivered under an hour and combined on the Disney gift card site. My RetailMeNot has tracked for target and one Walmart card. Still waiting for the Walmart card I bought today to track.

Data point. I finally got a chance to check my credit cards this weekend. On my Chase Disney Visa I had 10% off at target up to $11. And 15% off at Walmart up to $15. On my Southwest Chase Visa I had 15% off at Walmart up to $15. I ordered three $100 gift cards through RetailMeNot, target offer was at 3%, Walmart was at 1% percent, Walmart gift cards were both E gift cards ordered 24 hours apart. All gift cards were delivered under an hour and combined on the Disney gift card site. My RetailMeNot has tracked for target and one Walmart card. Still waiting for the Walmart card I bought today to track.
I’m new to these credit card offers and so confused. I thought these don’t apply to gift cards. The posts I’ve read talk of an offer at grocery stores. Does Sam’s or Costco count as a grocery store?

Can someone eli5? I’ve tried to figure it out and have read so many posts.

The only hiccup I've encountered is, if you have a companion pass, you have to cancel the companion ticket first before rebooking.
This is my first year with Companion Pass and it's a massive PITA to check.

Usually my checking amounts to clicking "Change Flight" picking exactly the same thing (which is already selected) and have it come back with either a negative or positive. But now with a Companion Pass ticket booked, I can't do that so I actually have to keep track of how much it was when I booked, reshop it and then if it's change cancel the Companion, then change mine and then put the Companion back on.

Autoslash will track car rental prices for you automatically and email you when they find a lower price!
It only takes me a minute or less to check through Costco. It’s part of my morning routine. I tried autoslash once and wasn’t impressed with their offer.

I’m new to these credit card offers and so confused. I thought these don’t apply to gift cards. The posts I’ve read talk of an offer at grocery stores. Does Sam’s or Costco count as a grocery store?

Can someone eli5? I’ve tried to figure it out and have read so many posts.
This person had “Chase Offers”. They are like rebates when you use your Chase card. BOA WF US Bank and AMEX also have them. With the current offers at Walmart.com if you spent xx they would give you a certain percentage back up to yy. The person then was trying to use a shopping portal that may or not pay off. If it does track and pay out it is a bonus.

You should never contact the shopping portal to ask why it didn’t track as the fine print usually states gift cards are excluded.

Also Sam’s, Costco and BJ’s all code as Warehouse and @FoxC63 will attach that info to offers if Warehouse is 5% back in a quarter for Chase Freedom / Discover card members.

This person had “Chase Offers”. They are like rebates when you use your Chase card. BOA WF US Bank and AMEX also have them. With the current offers at Walmart.com if you spent xx they would give you a certain percentage back up to yy. The person then was trying to use a shopping portal that may or not pay off. If it does track and pay out it is a bonus.

You should never contact the shopping portal to ask why it didn’t track as the fine print usually states gift cards are excluded.

Also Sam’s, Costco and BJ’s all code as Warehouse and @FoxC63 will attach that info to offers if Warehouse is 5% back in a quarter for Chase Freedom / Discover card members.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I looked at my offers and had none of them. But now I know what to look for.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I looked at my offers and had none of them. But now I know what to look for.
If you have multiple cards you could have an offer on one card but not the other.

Write down / screenshot which card had which offer and read the details (I sometimes forget that lol). Sometimes they will state one purchase others will state on all of your purchases until $xx.xx cash back is reached.
Also make not of when it expires as in my experience Chase pulls it from your dashboard on the day or the day before it expires.

They will all say no gift cards but the card issuers can not see the itemized receipt and only see the merchant, the merchant code and the amount of purchase so gift cards will earn the $$ back.

Chase counts the offer when card was swiped not when transaction was posted but keep in mind if doing online the merchant may not charge you until the item ships so you may lose the offer

If you have multiple cards you could have an offer on one card but not the other.

Write down / screenshot which card had which offer and read the details (I sometimes forget that lol). Sometimes they will state one purchase others will state on all of your purchases until $xx.xx cash back is reached.
Also make not of when it expires as in my experience Chase pulls it from your dashboard on the day or the day before it expires.

They will all say no gift cards but the card issuers can not see the itemized receipt and only see the merchant, the merchant code and the amount of purchase so gift cards will earn the $$ back.

Chase counts the offer when card was swiped not when transaction was posted but keep in mind if doing online the merchant may not charge you until the item ships so you may lose the offer
So for these types of deals does it matter to order a physical gift card instead of email? Or does is not matter as long as it’s within the timeframe?

So for these types of deals does it matter to order a physical gift card instead of email? Or does is not matter as long as it’s within the timeframe?
It does and it doesn’t matter.

Some stores process gift cards through a third party online so you have to visit the store.

Walmart and Target are fine either way.

With that being said I’ve procrastinated and have several Walmart.com offers expiring on 1/31 so instead of physical gift cards being mailed to me I will go the e-gift card route to be sure the offer will count

Also when you screenshot the Chase offer, make sure to have it show that you have activated it and somehow ideally show what the date of screenshot is. Chase sent me a denial of one of my Sam's Club purchases saying I made the purchase 11/28 but didn't activate til 12/21 which is completely false, but I didn't have a screenshot proving otherwise.

Added Offers ~ 1/29/24 / Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY

Best Buy

Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Citi Merchant Offer: 3% back after spending $3 or more up to two times
    • Expires 1/31/24.
  • Cash App Offer: Get 10% Off
    • Expires 2/04/24. YMMV
  • Citi Spending Bonus 5x Q1 2024: Electronic Stores
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Thank you all. I’ll be checking my offers regularly now. I missed the Costco deal so in my head I have to find a similar discount. These card deals will help if I get the offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter