• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I’m curious if anyone can tell me how often Sam’s runs a deal on Disney GCs? And do they limit the number you can get? I’m bummed that the Costco deal is gone and wondering if it’s worth getting a cheap Sam’s membership just for GC savings.

I will otherwise go back to using the Fuel points deal at Kroger for my cards, but you can’t beat free money 😆
I think the $185 for a $200 comes up maybe twice a year, and it's limited to two per customer when it does. Last summer (?) it glitched and people were able to get in well more than 2 per account but that's the exception, not the rule.

If you aren't going to use the Sam's for anything else, and you can't get it for free on a promo, with a credit card rebate, etc, then I don't think it's worth it personally.

Shop ‘N Save - Extended
1706639011711.png
  • Earn 20¢ off per gallon of gas for every $50 spent on Restaurant Gift Cards

Hmm, well my BJ's purchase has not registered with RMN. I made the purchase of a physical GC on Saturday. The purchase hit my CC Monday morning so I was hoping to see it hit today but nothing. The blank shopping trip is on there, just not tracking with a purchase amount. I've had a few other purchases work just fine with RMN and Rakuten, so not sure why this one isn't.

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

View attachment 829986
  • Earn 4x Fuel on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Use the links above
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards.
    • Offer valid 1/31/24 - 2/20/24.
Have to give you credit! I just looked at the website coupons last night and did not see this yet. Not sure how you find these so quickly!

I am new to purchasing Disney gift cards through Target With my Target card.

Does Target limit how many gift cards you can buy?

And can you use the gift cards any where at Disney World? Like all the parks and the Disney Springs restaurants and stores?

I bought 1 card and used it to pay my deposit for our hotel on property. So I am assuming I can just pay the balance if I get more gift cards?

Any other advice I might need?

thank you all so much!
The limit can depend on if you are doing them on line as some (me included) have reported orders being cancelled especially as a newbie to buying them. It's probably a fraud thing. If you start out with a couple cards of $50 it probably establishes a history. I have 2 Red cards and my first card I tried for a couple $100 cards and it got cancelled a couple times. When I tried a smaller amount it went though. For my second card my first few were smaller amount cards. Since I have been able to purchase larger amounts both in numbers and amounts.

At the store it does not seem to be much of an issue unless you get a over zealous cashier and they try to tell you there is a limit. If that's the case just get back in line with another cashier :)

They can be used just about anywhere in the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs.

Last edited:
The limit can depend on if you are doing them on line as some (me included) have reported orders being cancelled especially as a newbie to buying them. It's probably a fraud thing. if you start out with a couple cards of $50 it probably establishes a history. I have 2 Red cards and my first card I tried for a couple $100 cards and it got cancelled a couple times. When I tried a smaller amount it went though.. For my second card my first few were smaller amount cards. Since I have been able to purchase larger amounts both in numbers and amounts.

At the store it does not seem to be much of an issue unless you get a over zealous cashier and they try to tell you there is a limit. If that's the case just get back in line with another cashier :)

They can be used just about anywhere in the parks, resorts, and Disney Springs.
I had a Target cashier tell me the other day that the limit (purchasing GC’s) in store is $400 “because of all the stuff going on.”
That could just be my local store or this particular cashier (who I have never seen before).🤷‍♀️

No GC related but for anyone traveling could be useful - found a 10% Cash Back Chase offer on any purchase with Marriott Bonvoy (I wonder if it could work for a Marriott gift card?). Maximum discount is $100, so good on spending up to $1000. Offer expires on 3/11/2024. This offer was on my CIP card.

View attachment 830082
Thanks for the heads up - I’ll go looking for this! And they DO work on gift cards but only when purchased in person at a hotel. And from what I’ve read, finding a hotel that (a) carries GCs and (b) has someone who knows that and knows how to sell them can be …. Challenging.

I had a Target cashier tell me the other day that the limit (purchasing GC’s) in store is $400 “because of all the stuff going on.”
That could just be my local store or this particular cashier (who I have never seen before).🤷‍♀️
I have heard some people say similar things about being told there was a limit of some sort. I know I have purchased as much as $1200 at one time and no one batted an eye.

No GC related but for anyone traveling could be useful - found a 10% Cash Back Chase offer on any purchase with Marriott Bonvoy (I wonder if it could work for a Marriott gift card?). Maximum discount is $100, so good on spending up to $1000. Offer expires on 3/11/2024. This offer was on my CIP card.

Buy Gift Card At Front Desk, if they sell them. Amex offers work the same. Last time I had the offer our nearby didn't sell gc's you might have better luck. Call them.

Buy Gift Card At Front Desk, if they sell them. Amex offers work the same. Last time I had the offer our nearby didn't sell gc's you might have better luck. Call them.
That is interesting. We have a bunch of Marriott's lined up for our road trip in April. Wonder if it's worth it to check some of the nearby Marriott's to see if they sell GC.

Edit to add: Didn't get the offer on any of my cards so that answers that question.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up - I’ll go looking for this! And they DO work on gift cards but only when purchased in person at a hotel. And from what I’ve read, finding a hotel that (a) carries GCs and (b) has someone who knows that and knows how to sell them can be …. Challenging.
Last time Amex had this I went to the local Marriott and they were like deer in headlights. They had no idea gift cards even existed. But then they were intrigued and called around to the local Marriotts to try to find me some. Sadly none had gift cards.

Repost for those who can't read the terms & conditions very well. DH had issues with it on his cell. :rolleyes: I don't ask anymore.

Target Redcard Exclusive Offer

1706662494661.png

Terms & conditions

Category Offer. Valid one time use in store or online. No other same department/category offer will apply. Percent off offer will apply to all qualifying items in transaction. Void if copied, scanned, altered, transferred, purchased, sold or prohibited by law. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Item(s) may not be available at all stores. Gift cards and tax will not be included in determining purchase total. Offer cannot be applied to previous purchases. No cash value. Excludes items sold & shipped by Target Plus™ Partners. **Excludes alcohol, Apple products, Barbie camper and houses, Beats, Black History Month, Bose, Breville, Bullseye’s Playground, Cards Against Humanity, Casper, clinic & pharmacy, Cricut, dairy milk, Disney Princess Castle, Do-a-Dot, Doona, DSLR cameras & lenses, Dynamic Coins, Dyson, Dyson Toys, Fitbit, gift cards, GilletteLabs Heated Razor Starter Kit by Gillette – 3ct, Google, Hair Appliances, HALO Baby, Healthy Roots Dolls, HP Inc., ICU reading glasses, Infant Optics, JBL, Kendra Scott, Latino Heritage Month, LEGO, Levi’s Red Label, LG OLED and QNED TVs, limited-time designer partnerships, Lovevery, Meta Oculus and Portal, mobile contracts, Motrin baby, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, Polder, Philips Avent, Plan B, power shave, power dental, prepaid cards, Play-Doh Ice Cream Truck Playset, PlayStation - consoles, virtual reality and accessories, Pride, Revival, Samsung TVs, Shipt Membership, simplehuman, Sonos, Sony Electronics, Starbucks, Take Action, Target Optical, Target Cafe, Tempur-Sealy, Trading Cards, Tylenol (and baby) pain relief, Umbrellas, Ulta Beauty at Target Brands, Unlocked phones, Vera Bradley handbags, Weber, WonderFold.

McDonald's Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your McDonald’s purchase, with a $2.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 2/15/24.

Shake Shack Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your Shake Shack purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 2/15/24.

I've never been to the Shake Shack, any good?

McDonald's Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your McDonald’s purchase, with a $2.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 2/15/24.

Shake Shack Chase Offer: Earn 10% cash back on your Shake Shack purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 2/15/24.

I've never been to the Shake Shack, any good?
It’s fine. Good burgers but $$ imo. Started off at Madison square park in nyc early 2000s….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter