• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're doing a, before now unplanned, trip to Disneyland this Sept. I remember a member on here mentioning getting tickets through, I think it was, retailmenot for 10% off. Is this right? ( I'm not signed up for retailmenot) Or some other way that they got a great price on tickets. Does anyone remember the details? I looked through the 1st few posts to see if I could find anything specific on actual tickets to enter the park but I only saw the Target one and they don't look like they do more than 3 day ones and we want to go 4-5 days.

Is undercover tourist my best bet with child prices for adults right now? Or would buying discounted gift cards and going through Disney's actual site be better? Anyone have experience one way or the other? We've done undercover tourist before, so I'm comfortable doing them, just curious what others thoughts were. Thanks.
The Trip Advisor+Target thing was a very special circumstance last year.

I’d price out 5% off via gift cards through Disney direct (Target Red Card guarantees 5% off) vs UT. Yes you can do better pursuing deals but you risk a price increase and DLR has been pretty aggressive price wise. Keep in mind the basically refundable aspect of UT though, a 95% refund to the original form of payment is not an offer you get from Disney (Disney is 100% but only toward a new Disneyland ticket, the park systems do not talk to each other).

Last edited:
We're doing a, before now unplanned, trip to Disneyland this Sept. I remember a member on here mentioning getting tickets through, I think it was, retailmenot for 10% off. Is this right? ( I'm not signed up for retailmenot) Or some other way that they got a great price on tickets. Does anyone remember the details? I looked through the 1st few posts to see if I could find anything specific on actual tickets to enter the park but I only saw the Target one and they don't look like they do more than 3 day ones and we want to go 4-5 days.

Is undercover tourist my best bet with child prices for adults right now? Or would buying discounted gift cards and going through Disney's actual site be better? Anyone have experience one way or the other? We've done undercover tourist before, so I'm comfortable doing them, just curious what others thoughts were. Thanks.
I was the one who posted the deal.

Its TripAdvisor Things to do, don't follow any links to Viator, buy it through tripadvisor as there is a 10% off coupon. The coupon is RMN10 and offered by RetailMeNot but you don't necessarily need a RetailMeNot account to get the 10% off, although you might want to get a RetailMeNot account as you can often get additional cashback.

Generally speaking, the price from TripAdvisor after the 10% off is cheaper than anywhere else I have found for Disneyland tickets but also works well for Disney World tickets and any special event tickets for land or world.

Thank you everyone for the replies and help. I spent about an hour comparing different sites and their prices and I found the trip advisor deal is indeed the lowest cost, but it's non refundable and only for those dates. So I think I will go with Undercover tourist for their return policy since it's the next lowest priced one that I could find. I don't think we'll have to cancel but who knows.

For anyone who used one of the Chase offers for 10% back at Target, how long did it take to track?

Some of my Amex cards have this offer -

Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $325 in one or more purchases online at amexgiftcard.com by 2/29/2024. See terms.

Everyone else probably knows this already, but in case you don't:

I've had success getting DGC on target shopping trips that qualify me for the circle cash, but made an error yesterday when I tried it with the $15 off a $100 or more purchase (didn't work). womp womp

Thank you everyone for the replies and help. I spent about an hour comparing different sites and their prices and I found the trip advisor deal is indeed the lowest cost, but it's non refundable and only for those dates. So I think I will go with Undercover tourist for their return policy since it's the next lowest priced one that I could find. I don't think we'll have to cancel but who knows.

FYI- There is no such thing as dated multi-day tickets for Disneyland.

So while TripAdvisor forces you to pick a date, the actual tickets you receive will say they expire on 1/31/25. I bought tickets from TripAdvisor when they were not offering all 2024 dates and I just chose end of December 2023 as my dates and the tickets are still valid.

As far as being refundable, this is true - but if you absolutely needed to cancel, you won't lose the value of the ticket. Disneyland would let you put the value of an unused ticket towards a new one, but if the new tickets were more expensive you'd have to pay the difference.

https://www.arestravel.com/ usually offers the next lowest prices on Disneyland tickets, but I believe they also have a non-refundable ticket policy.

If it helps, TripAdvisor emails your tickets to you immediately after your purchase, so you could buy once you are sure you want to purchase the Disneyland tickets. The tickets have a QR code and then you scan them into the Disneyland app to use. So you don't have to purchase right away - although you do run the risk of ticket prices increasing.

FYI- There is no such thing as dated multi-day tickets for Disneyland.

So while TripAdvisor forces you to pick a date, the actual tickets you receive will say they expire on 1/31/25. I bought tickets from TripAdvisor when they were not offering all 2024 dates and I just chose end of December 2023 as my dates and the tickets are still valid.

As far as being refundable, this is true - but if you absolutely needed to cancel, you won't lose the value of the ticket. Disneyland would let you put the value of an unused ticket towards a new one, but if the new tickets were more expensive you'd have to pay the difference.

https://www.arestravel.com/ usually offers the next lowest prices on Disneyland tickets, but I believe they also have a non-refundable ticket policy.

If it helps, TripAdvisor emails your tickets to you immediately after your purchase, so you could buy once you are sure you want to purchase the Disneyland tickets. The tickets have a QR code and then you scan them into the Disneyland app to use. So you don't have to purchase right away - although you do run the risk of ticket prices increasing.
Do you prefer to go this route with the third parties or use the Discounted Disney GC acquired from here to purchase from a TA/disney. I'm not sure if TA's make any money on DL tickets but they do on 3 day or more WDW tickets. I generally go through a GF who is a TA and use the GC's as I have generally saved at least 10% already and I don't have to outlay any more $$. If they were about the savings I might go with UCT as they code in travel and thus I could earn 3x on my reserve or earn 2x on Venture X and then wipe the charges.

Thoughts?

Everyone else probably knows this already, but in case you don't:

I've had success getting DGC on target shopping trips that qualify me for the circle cash, but made an error yesterday when I tried it with the $15 off a $100 or more purchase (didn't work). womp womp
Make sure you're doing a target circle bonus that gives you circle cash (gets added to your circle earnings) when buying gift cards. That's when it works. X amount off a purchase of Y amount doesn't work, that's more like a coupon.

But great that you've been successful on your other purchases!

Do you prefer to go this route with the third parties or use the Discounted Disney GC acquired from here to purchase from a TA/disney. I'm not sure if TA's make any money on DL tickets but they do on 3 day or more WDW tickets. I generally go through a GF who is a TA and use the GC's as I have generally saved at least 10% already and I don't have to outlay any more $$. If they were about the savings I might go with UCT as they code in travel and thus I could earn 3x on my reserve or earn 2x on Venture X and then wipe the charges.

Thoughts?
I usually go the TA route so my friend can get a little spiff and with my GCs it usually comes out slightly better than UCT. That said, there's apparently some kind of glitch with using GCs to buy DL tickets and my TA has been trying for about a month. The first glitch is that you cannot use multiple payments on one transaction. So I had to give her two GCs, one that would cover two of our tickets and one that would cover the other ticket. That said, even after that it's still not letting her pay. It's apparently been "escalated." So if you need the tickets sooner, just got with UTC. My trip is in June so hopefully we can sort this out soon.

Thoughts?

TripAdvisor codes as travel FYI through Chase.

Just for fun, here is an example of pricing for a Disneyland 3-day Park Hopper with Genie+ (not date specific since Disneyland doesn't have date-specific pricing for multi-day tickets):

1. https://tripadvisor.com - $495 after 10% off coupon, I did not include any Cashback since that changes all the time, but often you can get 4% or more back, plus CC rewards (codes as travel)
2. Disneyland Direct Pricing - $550, your out of pocket pricing will vary based on GC discounts. 5% is "easy" through Target, 10% is certainly possible. If you use a GC, does not code as travel, no Cashback (unless you got it on the GC), if you assume 10%, then $495.
3. https://target.com - $522.50 with 5% Redcard discount plus any Cashback (usually 1%)
4. https://www.undercovertourist.com/ - $504.29, codes as travel, refundable (minus 5% "restocking" fee) - Note: This price is part of their current Adults pay Child pricing promotion, it likely will go back up closer to $515 when this promotion ends.
5. https://www.arestravel.com/ - $515
6. https://www.ticketsatwork.com/ (also used by Sam's Club, AAA and others) - $536.00 after $21 in "fees"
7. https://www.getawaytoday.com/ - $545

Those are the most popular options I'm aware of - not sure if anyone else has better ones? Would be happy to of course save more :)

Undercover Tourist is probably the only one who offers a refund, but you never lose the value of the ticket - you can always apply the value of an expired ticket to a future trip.

So yes buying from Disneyland directly using gift cards can be the best deal, depending on your GC discount. If you're regularly pulling 20% off DGCs then it is absolutely the best deal, but YMMV. If you're getting less than 10% off, then you're better off buying from TripAdvisor or Viator depending on coupon availability and Cashback.

As far as what route I would choose? I am always in need of discounted DGCs and often discounted ones are quantity limited, so a guaranteed 10% off plus additional cashback, plus Chase 3x travel from TripAdvisor and I don't need to spend my discounted DGCs? I'm going with TripAdvisor.

If there was a way to buy an unlimited number of DGCs at 15%-20% off face value, then I'd go the direct from Disney route, but I haven't found that to be the case.

Last edited:
TripAdvisor codes as travel FYI through Chase.

Just for fun, here is an example of pricing for a Disneyland 3-day Park Hopper with Genie+ (not date specific since Disneyland doesn't have date-specific pricing for multi-day tickets):

1. https://tripadvisor.com - $495 after 10% off coupon, I did not include any Cashback since that changes all the time, but often you can get 4% or more back, plus CC rewards (codes as travel)
2. Disneyland Direct Pricing - $550, your out of pocket pricing will vary based on GC discounts. 5% is "easy" through Target, 10% is certainly possible. If you use a GC, does not code as travel, no Cashback (unless you got it on the GC), if you assume 10%, then $495.
3. https://target.com - $522.50 with 5% Redcard discount plus any Cashback (usually 1%)
4. https://www.undercovertourist.com/ - $504.29, codes as travel, refundable (minus 5% "restocking" fee) - Note: This price is part of their current Adults pay Child pricing promotion, it likely will go back up closer to $515 when this promotion ends.
5. https://www.arestravel.com/ - $515
6. https://www.ticketsatwork.com/ (also used by Sam's Club, AAA and others) - $536.00 after $21 in "fees"
7. https://www.getawaytoday.com/ - $545

Those are the most popular options I'm aware of - not sure if anyone else has better ones? Would be happy to of course save more :)

Undercover Tourist is probably the only one who offers a refund, but you never lose the value of the ticket - you can always apply the value of an expired ticket to a future trip.

So yes buying from Disneyland directly using gift cards can be the best deal, depending on your GC discount. If you're regularly pulling 20% off DGCs then it is absolutely the best deal, but YMMV. If you're getting less than 10% off, then you're better off buying from TripAdvisor or Viator depending on coupon availability and Cashback.
This is really good, for a 4 day /4 park its pretty much the same as the $99 deal from last year.

Albertsons Companies: Albertsons & Safeway
1707493322527.png
Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Apple Pay: ACME MARKETS, Albertsons, Lucky, Jewel-Osco, Safeway, Save Mart, Shaw's, Star Market & United Supermarkets.

Best Buy
1707493462273.png

• Save 20% on Domino’s Gift Cards
    • Physical & Digital.
    • Various denominations.
    • Store pickup is also available.
    • Direct link to offer
    • Limit 3 per customer, per denomination.
    • Expires 2/09/24.
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Chase/BofA Offer:
    • Get 10% back, up to $33 max cashback.
    • Expires 3/02/24.
  • Best Buy Citi Offer: Get 3% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Yes, works on 3rd Party gift cards but NOT Best Buy.
    • Offer may be redeemed up to 2x within offer cycle.
    • Offer valid in-store and online only at US website BestBuy.com.
    • Expires 3/30/24.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Hannaford

1707494733530.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift cards AND $10 Grocery & Get $10 Off
    • Includes: Applebee’s, Lowe’s, Lululemon, The Cheesecake Factory, TopGolf and Ulta Beauty.
    • $10 grocery requirement not valid towards the purchase of alcohol, gift cards, postage stamps, services & other items prohibited by law.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 2/11/24 – 2/17/24.

I didn't see this on the thread, but please let me know if I missed it. Has anyone had success getting a DGC with the Bank of America 10% cash back at CVS ($5 max)? Expires 2/12.

Market Basket

1707495634292.png
  • Get 10% Off Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Applebee's, Bath & Body Works, Domino's, DoorDash, Foot Locker, Gap Options, H&M, Spafinder and Ulta Beauty
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 2/04/24 - 2/17/24.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter