• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I originally posted this offer expiring 2/10/24 however I am no longer convinced that it does nor do I believe it expires on 2/11/24. The ad was hard to read even at 200 strength, looking at the image below I think the offer expires on 2/17/24.

1707621273974.png

Cub
  • $10 Off your Grocery purchase of $100 or more
    • Limit one per household. Direct link
    • Expires 2/11/24.
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Cub gift card
    • Includes: AMC Theaters, Applebee’s, Choice Let’s Eat, Marcus Theaters, Nordstrom, Olive Garden, One4all and Sephora
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 2/17/24. Post #22845

OK, I am done purchasing Disney Gift Cards from Target with just the 5% RedCard discount. I had a card that tore off the paper when scratching off. I contacted Target, who transferred me twice, who then told me to call Disney Gift Card, who then told me to email their gift card guest services. An extra 2% over my other credit card is not worth this hassle, when combined with getting the cards, consolidating them, entering them separately on the TA website, risking a refund to multiple cards, and risking a bad card.

OK, I am done purchasing Disney Gift Cards from Target with just the 5% RedCard discount. I had a card that tore off the paper when scratching off. I contacted Target, who transferred me twice, who then told me to call Disney Gift Card, who then told me to email their gift card guest services. An extra 2% over my other credit card is not worth this hassle, when combined with getting the cards, consolidating them, entering them separately on the TA website, risking a refund to multiple cards, and risking a bad card.
Is the scannable code still ok? If so, you can still use the card in person and have them scan it. It isn’t combinable but at least you don’t lose the value of it.

Or if the magnetic strip still is intact you can try that too.

I've almost destroyed a few from Office Depot because of the quality of their cards, but as Liquidice mentioned, the strip may still work.
I know people like the automatic 5% at Target, but if I don't get at least 12-15%, I personally don't bother.

I've almost destroyed a few from Office Depot because of the quality of their cards, but as Liquidice mentioned, the strip may still work.
I know people like the automatic 5% at Target, but if I don't get at least 12-15%, I personally don't bother.
I'm with you, except 5% is good in a pinch - like when I am in Disney World and run out of gift card money, its better to buy a $500 gift card for $475 imho than spending $500 outright. Target is usually fast to deliver digital DGCs too, I usually have it in my email in less than 30 mins after purchasing.

I feel like 10% is worth it like the Costco cards, but certainly 12-15% is better! :)

Is the scannable code still ok? If so, you can still use the card in person and have them scan it. It isn’t combinable but at least you don’t lose the value of it.

Or if the magnetic strip still is intact you can try that too.
The strip is still good, I just can’t get the account number. I won’t be in person to use a card until a cruise in July. Hopefully their gift card guest service team can replace it.

I'm with you, except 5% is good in a pinch - like when I am in Disney World and run out of gift card money, its better to buy a $500 gift card for $475 imho than spending $500 outright. Target is usually fast to deliver digital DGCs too, I usually have it in my email in less than 30 mins after purchasing.

I feel like 10% is worth it like the Costco cards, but certainly 12-15% is better! :)
Good point. I tried to purchase a couple online from Sam's Club while at Disney a few years ago, and I received the codes too late to even use them before leaving. Definitely Target wins that one and especially if there's a Circle bonus to capitalize on.

The strip is still good, I just can’t get the account number. I won’t be in person to use a card until a cruise in July. Hopefully their gift card guest service team can replace it.
Did you check the receipt or activation slip? I honestly don't know about Target, but the Office Depot cards have the account/gift code number (without pin) printed on the actual receipt 🤯
I was shocked to see that! I immediately transferred those cards.

Family Dollar
1707717503755.png

• Buy $25 Select Gift Cards for $22.50
    • Includes: Applebee’s, Brinker, Chili’s and Cracker Barrel
    • Weekly ad
    • Expires 2/17/24.

Best Buy

1707718366571.png
Best Buy
  • Save 20% On TopGolf Gift Cards
  • Save 10% on Select Gift Cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Chase/BofA Offer:
    • Get 10% back, up to $33 max cashback.
    • Expires 3/02/24.
  • Best Buy Citi Offer: Get 3% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Yes, works on 3rd Party gift cards but NOT Best Buy.
    • Offer may be redeemed up to 2x within offer cycle.
    • Offer valid in-store and online only at US website BestBuy.com.
    • Expires 3/30/24.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

Panera Bread

Buy Choice Let’s Eat gift cards from these locations
  • Brookshire’s
  • Cub
  • Hy-Vee
  • Kroger Family Stores
  • Meijer
  • Price Chopper
  • Publix
  • Smart & Final
  • Harveys & Winn Dixie
  • Stater Bros
  • Target (Target Reward Offer: Various/Spend $60 x3, Get $20)
  • Weis
Credit Cards & More
  • Kroger Chase Offer: 5% back up to $4.50 (Spend $90 to max out)
  • Target Reward Offer: Various
  • Target Redcard: Save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
Then stack the savings when buying Panera gift cards online with the offer listed below:

Panera Bread Online
Save 15% On Panera Bread Gift Cards
Direct link to offer
Expires 2/18/24.

There’s also
Panera Chase Offer: Earn 10% back, $2.50 back max.
Expires 2/18/24.

Personally, I agree with greeny41, unless I'm getting somewhere above 10% I don't feel it is worth all the time, effort, risk, and aggravation.

Unfortunately, as I have said many times, it is human nature that when someone posts something like this happening, most people think to themselves that will never happen to me, that person was just unlucky, I have bought hundreds of times and that never happened, etc. It has to happen directly to most people before they believe it can actually happen to them.

This just happened to me this weekend, I casually sell stuff on ebay, and I have read for years about people complaining that FedEx and ebay are crooks, after you ship a package out FedEx magically claims your package weighed more or had bigger dimensions than you claimed and adds on extra charges and there is virtually no way to dispute it. But I have been shipping for years on ebay and never had this happen to me and I just assumed these people were skimping on the wight or dimensions and just got caught. Well, this weekend it happened to me, I shipped a laptop out and FedEx magically added an extra $23 onto the shipping because they claimed my dimensions were wrong so instead of costing $16, they charged me $39. (I know my dimensions were not wrong, I carefully measure each package plus I have been shipping laptops for years and no there is no way they cost anywhere near $39 to ship.) I had fallen into the trap of believing it would never happen to me, but it had to happen to me personally to actually believe that it would.

Of course, I will never ship with FexdEx anymore and they will probably lose more than the $23 they stole from me, but again, it took happening to me personally to believe it.

10% is worth it to me as well, since it's usually more then 10% anyway once I account for CC points.

I think the discount threshold one aims for also depends on how much Disney money one needs to accumulate over the year. We have DVC dues plus a cruise at the least, but there's usually more like last year we did an ABD trip.

Our APs are expiring next month and we won't be renewing after that trip for a year and a half or so, which will mean fewer trips and less need for DGCs. I may get more picky about the discount then and demand more than 10%, lol

10% is worth it to me as well, since it's usually more then 10% anyway once I account for CC points.

I think the discount threshold one aims for also depends on how much Disney money one needs to accumulate over the year. We have DVC dues plus a cruise at the least, but there's usually more like last year we did an ABD trip.

Our APs are expiring next month and we won't be renewing after that trip for a year and a half or so, which will mean fewer trips and less need for DGCs. I may get more picky about the discount then and demand more than 10%, lol

Agree with you there, I feel like I have an unlimited unending need for discounted Disney gift cards 🤣

DVC Dues and Annual Passes make up a good chunk of that for sure!

Did you check the receipt or activation slip? I honestly don't know about Target, but the Office Depot cards have the account/gift code number (without pin) printed on the actual receipt 🤯
I was shocked to see that! I immediately transferred those cards.
Nothing on the packing slip from the third party fulfillment. It didnt even reference the Target order number. I ordered 2 cards on two orders on separate days, but they arrived in the mail on the same day so I can’t tell which order the damaged card belongs to.

i will still do gift cards with just the 5% RedCard discount for DVC dues since those don’t code as travel on my card. Other travel I get 3% on my card and the extra 2% isn’t worth it.

Nothing on the packing slip from the third party fulfillment. It didnt even reference the Target order number. I ordered 2 cards on two orders on separate days, but they arrived in the mail on the same day so I can’t tell which order the damaged card belongs to.

i will still do gift cards with just the 5% RedCard discount for DVC dues since those don’t code as travel on my card. Other travel I get 3% on my card and the extra 2% isn’t worth it.
Did you try what @gottalovepluto posted?

https://www.disboards.com/threads/u...eals-and-more.3784942/page-1119#post-65261852

It will not show the EAN but you should be able to call Disney Gift Card and get it transferred to another card since you know you bought it from Target.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter