Picked up some of the 15% off Lyft gift cards at Best Buy to cover some Minnie Vans on our family Spring trip! Hope these don't have the delayed access issue the Amazon ones had.

ETA: already arrived and loaded to Lyft just fine!
After using Minnie Vans to get to a bunch of places last trip, I have to say that they are so so convenient. The premium on them are so worth it!

After using Minnie Vans to get to a bunch of places last trip, I have to say that they are so so convenient. The premium on them are so worth it!
We love that our ECV user can get transported too!

How do Lyft and Minnie Vans work? We must get from WDW to the Briteline station at MCO in April.
You use the Lyft app and select Minnie Van on the scroll of car options. However, they only run on Disney property and to Four Seasons, Swolphin and Shades of Green. The Minnie Van airport service is not booked on the app so you most likely can't use a Lyft gift card, also I think it's still only available to CL/VIP guests at this time (it's not cheap at $200/one way). I've never used the airport service, I like it specifically for Swolphin-MK and DS (I have the worst bus luck there).

I agree!! We always rent a car but sometimes you don’t want to drive like in March when we are attending class. We don’t want to be marked tardy at Sangria U :)
We rode in them so much last trip that my son would ask if we were taking a Minnie Van 😆 every time we were getting ready to go somewhere. He really liked the in-car entertainment! They had the same car seat too that we have at home which I think made it very comfortable for him.

We rode in them so much last trip that my son would ask if we were taking a Minnie Van 😆 every time we were getting ready to go somewhere. He really liked the in-car entertainment! They had the same car seat too that we have at home which I think made it very comfortable for him.
Yes it is nice that they have the seats. We don’t have the need for one but if you needed a seat you know they are installed properly unlike an Uber/lyft that has one.

How much of a premium are we talking here? We mostly take the Disney buses but will be going from Swan to Contemporary for dinner once and also to Sanaa during our March trip. I usually use Lyft but a Minnie van sounds fun. ::MinnieMo
$40 a ride is my budgeting estimate. The premium is for better service/bus lane access to MK & DS. I’ve never had an unsafe or unprofessional driver as they are Disney CMs- but the premium is a lot. …Although it felt like a lot less after the trip I had a normal rideshare driver hit TTC at around 45mph and another one with a piece of toast on the ground of the back seat…

To get exact estimates just plug your points into the Lyft app and then scroll to the MV option to see the price. MVs are not subject to surge pricing.

Since the kids got big, we rent a car and my husband now can’t imagine not having one. Next trip we have a SUV for $400 for 8 days. Usually we stay at BLT so we walk to MK.
And we now have a few places outside Disney that are must do’s (conveyor belt sushi & an excellent french bakery). This time we’re also taking a day mid trip to go to the Kennedy Space Center.

Since the kids got big, we rent a car and my husband now can’t imagine not having one. Next trip we have a SUV for $400 for 8 days. Usually we stay at BLT so we walk to MK.
And we now have a few places outside Disney that are must do’s (conveyor belt sushi & an excellent french bakery). This time we’re also taking a day mid trip to go to the Kennedy Space Center.
That is quite the deal!! The cheapest I can get a standard SUV for $310 a week from Hertz that then turns out to be $510 after our 8th day. It is never big enough and I can't rely on President's Circle so we just get a MiniVan for the same price.

For those buying Lyft GCs to use for Minnie Vans: do you have a Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 10x on Lyft rides? I feel like since Chase points are worth at least 1.5 cents, it's basically a wash to get 15% off the GC vs using the Reserve card. Or do you think of it differently? Now, with no Reserve card then buying the GCs makes total sense to me

We love that our ECV user can get transported too!

You use the Lyft app and select Minnie Van on the scroll of car options. However, they only run on Disney property and to Four Seasons, Swolphin and Shades of Green. The Minnie Van airport service is not booked on the app so you most likely can't use a Lyft gift card, also I think it's still only available to CL/VIP guests at this time (it's not cheap at $200/one way). I've never used the airport service, I like it specifically for Swolphin-MK and DS (I have the worst bus luck there).
Thank you. I guess we'll stick with Mears to MCO.

For those buying Lyft GCs to use for Minnie Vans: do you have a Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 10x on Lyft rides? I feel like since Chase points are worth at least 1.5 cents, it's basically a wash to get 15% off the GC vs using the Reserve card. Or do you think of it differently? Now, with no Reserve card then buying the GCs makes total sense to me
I just use the reserve card. Really the only time I am taking a Lyft/Minnie Van is there at Disney so I don't bother with them but I might buy some for our next trip as there are savings on those cards.

I also never get the 10x.

I save my $300 to use for the rental car but then we still are taking L/MV and then it takes away from $300 since they post first as we haven't returned the car yet. Since it is part of the $300 it doesn't earn any points (I wish we still earned them on that $300 like when the card was first launched)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the free Pink membership that comes with the CSR DOES NOT discount Minnie Vans.
At least it didn't seem like I received a discount when booking them.

Edit: I just realized I had a SW offer so my $300 is probably used up on that. Who knows how that will affect the offer as the I was trying to max the offer and purchased a one way ticket for $412...

CSR points are worth 1.25 to the CSR holder in my group via PYB. They rarely pay cash for airfare, rarely need a rental car and when redeeming at 1.5 via the travel portal for hotels find themselves paying a higher price than if booked direct with like a AAA discount negating some of the “50% bonus” therefore making 15% off + cc rewards the better deal for them too.

I just use the reserve card. Really the only time I am taking a Lyft/Minnie Van is there at Disney so I don't bother with them but I might buy some for our next trip as there are savings on those cards.

I also never get the 10x.

I save my $300 to use for the rental car but then we still are taking L/MV and then it takes away from $300 since they post first as we haven't returned the car yet. Since it is part of the $300 it doesn't earn any points (I wish we still earned them on that $300 like when the card was first launched)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the free Pink membership that comes with the CSR DOES NOT discount Minnie Vans.
At least it didn't seem like I received a discount when booking them.
Not sure if Lyft Pink discount works on Minnie Vans but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work. It's really a whole different service, it simply uses the Lyft app interface to connect the customers with the service.

On the rental car, have you considered pre-paying for it? You get a discount that way as well. But of course, what if you have to cancel... We usually pre-pay and hope for the best, we figure if one time it doesn't work out, all the times we prepaid and saved money more than cover the loss of the one time. Living on the edge, lol.

CSR points are worth 1.25 to the CSR holder in my group via PYB. They rarely pay cash for airfare, rarely need a rental car and when redeeming at 1.5 via the travel portal for hotels find themselves paying a higher price than if booked direct with like a AAA discount negating some of the “50% bonus” therefore making 15% off + cc rewards the better deal for them too.
Gotcha, makes sense. We transfer to Hyatt so worth more to me; all depends on how you use it, then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter