Is there a delay for Dosh now? I haven't used it in a months, but had the CVS offer and a Chase offer so I made a purchase in store. I didn't get a notification from Dosh about the purchase. I remember getting instant notifications in the past. Just wondering if something changed or if my purchase didn't track.
It’s been awhile since I’ve used a Dosh offer, but I also typically get instant notifications. If you go to “Support and Help” and then find the article titled “How long do I have to submit a missing cash back ticket?” under “Cash Back Offers,” there’s a link to the form to complete for missing cash back. Dosh has always been super responsive when I’ve done this in the past.

Since the kids got big, we rent a car and my husband now can’t imagine not having one. Next trip we have a SUV for $400 for 8 days. Usually we stay at BLT so we walk to MK.
And we now have a few places outside Disney that are must do’s (conveyor belt sushi & an excellent french bakery). This time we’re also taking a day mid trip to go to the Kennedy Space Center.
Nothing like conveyor belt sushi! My son is only 4 right now but I can imagine renting a car in the future to take him to other places when we are in FL.

Last trip, I didn't realize I had a bunch of Lyft Chase Offers on my cards since we were on the go so much and I didn't bother checking my offers when I was on vacation. I was so mad when I got home and saw all the $$$ I could've saved lol.

Last edited:
It’s been awhile since I’ve used a Dosh offer, but I also typically get instant notifications. If you go to “Support and Help” and then find the article titled “How long do I have to submit a missing cash back ticket?” under “Cash Back Offers,” there’s a link to the form to complete for missing cash back. Dosh has always been super responsive when I’ve done this in the past.
Ok. Thanks!

For those buying Lyft GCs to use for Minnie Vans: do you have a Sapphire Reserve card, which earns 10x on Lyft rides? I feel like since Chase points are worth at least 1.5 cents, it's basically a wash to get 15% off the GC vs using the Reserve card. Or do you think of it differently? Now, with no Reserve card then buying the GCs makes total sense to me

I think this gets into the whole question of how much are Chase Ultimate Rewards points really worth. I think onemileatatime does a good explanation when he says "Determining the value of points can be a highly subjective exercise, where people arrive at wildly different numbers" and "there’s not actually a widely agreed upon valuation of points."

But I agree 100% with the following that onemilesatatime writes:

"If you are going to redeem points for a first or business class ticket, personally I think you can only value miles based on how much you’d otherwise be willing to pay for that ticket, rather than how much the ticket costs in cash.

If you redeem 100,000 miles for a ticket that would cost $10,000 in cash, you’re not actually getting 10 cents per mile of value, assuming you wouldn’t have paid that in cash. Instead the real value you’re getting is how much you would have otherwise been willing to pay for the ticket. "

And that is why I personally think almost everyone overvalues their points. Here is a perfect example: We are staying one night in a Hyatt in April for 8,000 Hyatt points (which we got by transferring from Ultimate Rewards.) The room costs $171 so that means we are getting 2.1 cents per point. However, if we were paying in cash, I could find an equally good hotel for around $80 so really we are only getting 1 cent per point.

So I think that is why alot of people just value their points at what the cash value of them is.

Since the kids got big, we rent a car and my husband now can’t imagine not having one. Next trip we have a SUV for $400 for 8 days. Usually we stay at BLT so we walk to MK.
And we now have a few places outside Disney that are must do’s (conveyor belt sushi & an excellent french bakery). This time we’re also taking a day mid trip to go to the Kennedy Space Center.
What is the excellent French bakery?

I went to Loop Cafe last trip. They claimed they got all their pastries from Italy. I don't know if that was true but the croissant was delicious and the acai bowl was good too. Just looked it up and Google says it is temporarily closed.

I like National because of their Emerald Aisle, you never need to go to the check-in, you just go and grab a car. I have National Executive status and can rent an intermediate car and usually get an SUV or Minivan for that price out of the Executive Aisle at MCO. You pick whatever car you want as long as its in the aisle. One time I told the guy I wanted a Minivan and he said if I'm Executive status I could just grab a Minivan from the Minivan section too. Another time, I asked for a Hybrid Minivan (Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid) and they went and found one for me too! I think the last time, I got a Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV at the intermediate rate.

National will match your President's Circle status to Executive status for a year too. Trying out Avis for the first time, got them to match my Executive status to their President's Club status. It was a little bit cheaper to rent a full size sedan from them than National, but not sure what the experience will be like. I only need a full size sedan this time which is why I was willing to try them out. They claim a 2-class upgrade when you're President's Circle and you can skip the check-in line.
I have two reservations for tomorrow since I just got executive elite. The first one is a midsized so I can scope out the executive aisle for a minivan. The other one is for an actual minivan (for 200 plus dollars more). I'm hoping I can just get a minivan from the executive aisle and I can cancel the other one. Cross your fingers for me!

Vacation is my time off from driving so we rarely rent a car, never at Disney. We're renting a car for a trip to Southern California this summer and yowza on prices.
"If you are going to redeem points for a first or business class ticket, personally I think you can only value miles based on how much you’d otherwise be willing to pay for that ticket, rather than how much the ticket costs in cash.
That's not necessarily true either because the amount I'd pay for the ticket is $0. I'd never go if I didn't have points. Before I started accruing points and miles, our vacations were mostly weekends, driving distance, or not at all. Maybe for that reason, I never calculate how much my points are worth. I'm sure I never max out 'value' but to me the value is in the free experience & getting to do something I otherwise wouldn't do.

What is the excellent French bakery?

I went to Loop Cafe last trip. They claimed they got all their pastries from Italy. I don't know if that was true but the croissant was delicious and the acai bowl was good too. Just looked it up and Google says it is temporarily closed.
My French Cafe in Windmere. It’s in a shopping complex that also has a Publix. https://www.my-frenchcafe.com/

I have Infinite now, good to know they will match.

I'm not sure what the intermediate is as they list a "midsize and standard" I'm assuming it is one of those.
The prices for a midsize ($632.84) is still more than just going with the minivan rate at Hertz ($507.25)

I have been happy with Hertz I just can't depend on President's Circle to have a minivan or large SUV. We are OVERPACKERS!!! Even with 2 Owner's Lockers we still take advantage of "2 Bags Fly Free" plus carry ons!! Oh and we are still doing laundry in the villa everyday. :)

I think it is midsize, sorry my company calls that "Intermediate". Full size is actually the same price for me as midsize with my company's discount.

I guess the discount is pretty good though, my rate would be $331 for a full week for a midsize or fullsize and then I get to select any car in the Executive aisle.

I have two reservations for tomorrow since I just got executive elite. The first one is a midsized so I can scope out the executive aisle for a minivan. The other one is for an actual minivan (for 200 plus dollars more). I'm hoping I can just get a minivan from the executive aisle and I can cancel the other one. Cross your fingers for me!

I did that one time, and thankfully was able to cancel the Minivan reservation while I was in the garage picking out my car from the Executive aisle.

If its at MCO, TBH I would ask the employees in the garage if they have any Minivans when you're selecting from the Executive Aisle (if you don't see one). Sometimes I also see a Minivan in the emerald aisle and you're welcome to take a car from there too of course.

Usually when I tell them I'm Executive they tell me to pick a Minivan out of the Minivan aisle. There was only 1 time where they said no Minivans were available (I assume they had already booked all of the Minivans).

Is there a delay for Dosh now? I haven't used it in a months, but had the CVS offer and a Chase offer so I made a purchase in store. I didn't get a notification from Dosh about the purchase. I remember getting instant notifications in the past. Just wondering if something changed or if my purchase didn't track.
My last few purchases linked to Dosh took 3 or 4 days. No instant notification; no nothing. I waited it out and all of a sudden got the Dosh deposit email about the time that I was going to contact them. If you haven't contacted them yet, as long as you had it activated and used a linked card, I'd probably wait a while. I suspect you'll be fine.

Nothing like conveyor belt sushi! My son is only 4 right now but I can imagine renting a car in the future to take him to other places when we are in FL.
We’ve also had a few emergencies on vacation that having a car makes fixing so much easier. One time we popped into a Walmart in the morning & still made rope drop at Epcot.
Florida’s Visitor toll pass pickup at the airport also makes tolls easy.
Vacation is my time off from driving so we rarely rent a car, never at Disney. We're renting a car for a trip to Southern California this summer and yowza on prices.
We rented a car from Costco. The price dropped from $560 to $400 since I first booked. I just keep checking. As for driving, my husband works from home so he doesn’t drive much while at home. And it’s nice to just go to a car where you know you’ll have a seat after a day at the parks.

I think it is midsize, sorry my company calls that "Intermediate". Full size is actually the same price for me as midsize with my company's discount.

I guess the discount is pretty good though, my rate would be $331 for a full week for a midsize or fullsize and then I get to select any car in the Executive aisle.
Yea my corporate rate is $210 for a full size at Hertz, I just can't trust the Hertz PC to have a large car so I just pay more to reserve the Minivan for peace of mind. (The rates I was mentioning before was national vs hertz w/my company discount)

I'm too chicken to try for two reservations like @foodiddiedoo did :)

Florida’s Visitor toll pass pickup at the airport also makes tolls easy.
For those that don't have a sunpass that is a great tip.

I don't shop at ShopRite, if I'm missing any details please post them.

ShopRite - Rebate Offer
1708109337801.png
1708109835157.png
  • Spend $75 in participating P&G products & Get $25 ShopRite gift card
    • Must use reward card
    • For product details see store ad
    • Maryland: Expires 2/22/24.
    • ShopRite: Offer valid 2/18/24 - 2/24/24.
P&G Clean Vibes Only Rebate Offer
  • Spend $30 or $60 of participating P&G & Get $10 or $20 Prepaid Mastercard.
  • Allow up to 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Fine Print
The receipt must be dated between 12/31/2023 and 3/31/2024 and it must show a purchase of $30 or more of eligible P&G products circled. All qualifying purchases must be made in a single transaction on one (1) original receipt. You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to participate in this offer. Limit one (1) valid entry and reward per person. (No P.O. boxes, except North Dakota, only street and rural addresses are acceptable). You will have a maximum two (2) attempts at digital submissions per person to enter a total of one time. Qualifying purchases must be made by 3/31/2024 and the submission must be received by 4/7/2024.

Participating Procter & Gamble Brands: 9 Elements®, Ace®, Align®, Always®, Ariel®, Aussie®, Bounce®, Bounty®, Cascade®, Charmin®, Cheer®, Clearblue®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Downy Unstopables®, Dreft®, Era®, Febreze®, Fixodent®, Gain®, Gain Flings®, Gillette® (razors, disposables and gels, antiperspirant and deodorant), Gillette Venus® (razors, disposables and gels), Glide®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Ivory®, Luvs®, Metamucil®, Microban®, Mr. Clean®, Olay®, Old Spice®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Pepto-Bismol®, Prilosec OTC®, Puffs®, Safeguard®, Scope®, Secret®, Swiffer®, Tampax®, Tide®, Tide PODS®, Vicks® and ZzzQuil®.

Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Also see Living Rich with Coupons for possible matchups.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter