Actually got one this time, 10 back on 90 and will order a gc later today.

I did think it's interesting that this is purchases to get to the total it doesn't have to be in one purchase. If it was more than 7 days I'd probably do a mix of stuff and gc but I don't plan to go to target until next weekend.
Yeah, But I didn't want to risk it with a $100, $50 & $25 DGC with hitting limits ect so just did a $200. Came out to be 12.5% with RedCard discount so not bad!

Target Rewards - Boohoo!
Article posted on Sep 7, 2023

1708630369347.png
Target is being accused of playing “favorites” by a devoted shopper of the chain for how it doles out its Circle Rewards store credit bonuses. Looking at the responses from other shoppers who are enrolled in the program, she may be right.
To learn more go to Daily Dot

Whether right or wrong, it's not for me to say. I know several stores who play this game, why shouldn't they. If it's a way to entice the undevoted to spend more, isn't that a business strategy? What are you're thoughts?

Target Rewards - Boohoo!

View attachment 836050
Target is being accused of playing “favorites” by a devoted shopper of the chain for how it doles out its Circle Rewards store credit bonuses. Looking at the responses from other shoppers who are enrolled in the program, she may be right.

Whether right or wrong, it's not for me to say. I know several stores who play this game, why shouldn't they. If it's a way to entice the undevoted to spend more, isn't that a business strategy? What are you're thoughts?
:rotfl2:I’m dying. How DARE Target not give me the same coupons as Bob down the road! I’m going to WALMART!!

I'm in the market for a four person fabric couch with removable back & seat cushions and I don't plan on buying it at Target. :laughing: Seriously, I'm in the market for one, 72" seat capacity, 38" wide.

This is leather and that's a big no, but it's pretty much the style I'm looking for.
1708634285923.png

Definitely without right/left base cushions!
1708634303874.png
Oh, and NOT a sofa sleeper! No thanks!

Last edited:
Bring Back Disney!
Bring Back Disney!
Bring Back Disney!

Looking at you Costco! :worship:

I'm thinking these are the deals to be going after:

Save Mart & Lucky Supermarkets
1,500 bonus points is like $15?

Foodmaxx
Buy $500 DGC for $450, plus with the CC offers listed below, makes for some killer deals!

Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery

Foodmaxx
Buy $500 DGC for $450, plus with the CC offers listed below, makes for some killer deals!

Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
I looked up the Foodmaxx offer but looks like a CA store. Just going to have to wait for some more online deals. Thanks!

A couple of things in the news last night, same of DoC

Both American Airlines & jetBlue have increased bag fees.
  • jetBlue
    • $35 for first bag and $50 for second bag when booked more than 24 hours before departure
    • $45 for first bag and $60 for second bag when booked within 24 hours before departure
  • American Airlines
    • $40 first bag and $50 for second bag
Normally when one airline increases bag fees we see all of the others quickly follow and increase their own fees. Direct link

Capital One to Buy Discover in $35 Billion Deal. Why Visa and Mastercard Stocks Are Falling
Direct link
Interesting, huh?

Yes it’s like $15 at SaveMart, slightly more if you pile up enough points to redeem for a $20 coupon. Did this offer this morning. In theory you should able to do $300 in one fell swoop but it failed to process once a couple promos back so I only do $100 at a time now. Points posted by the time I hit the car!

Unlike my Target Circle bonus which doesn’t show as done yet after my $125 DGC purchase so I guess I’m gonna have to channel my patience there.

I got $15 rewards for spending $135. Went ahead and purchased $150 Disney GC, but the offer didn't trigger. Used to trigger instantly, but today post two hours, still nothing. Not sure if it is a system glitch, or the changed their policy.
I got the same deal ($15 on $135). Purchased $150 in DGC and nothing triggered. Purchased $25 again later today to see if I was just too quick after activating and it didn't trigger either. In the past they have all triggered virtually immediately as well.

Target Rewards - Boohoo!

View attachment 836050

I mean it’s not like someone is doling out bonuses. They wrote an AI program and due to machine learning, it has taught itself the best shoppers to give bonuses to. I won’t claim to be an expert on AI, my husband is though, so I know some of it through osmosis.

A couple of things in the news last night, same of DoC

Both American Airlines & jetBlue have increased bag fees.
  • jetBlue
    • $35 for first bag and $50 for second bag when booked more than 24 hours before departure
    • $45 for first bag and $60 for second bag when booked within 24 hours before departure
  • American Airlines
    • $40 first bag and $50 for second bag
Normally when one airline increases bag fees we see all of the others quickly follow and increase their own fees. Direct link

Capital One to Buy Discover in $35 Billion Deal. Why Visa and Mastercard Stocks Are Falling
Direct link
Interesting, huh?

Editing myself to add: That stinks, I just booked Jet Blue today too.

I have Delta card and AA which have free bags, but Jet Blue was direct.

Last edited:
Target Rewards - Boohoo!

View attachment 836050

People complain about stuff like this all the time. Similar to when Amazon gives some people discounts when using Amex or chase or Discover points.

Personally, I never understand why people get upset. It reminds me of a number of years ago when they used to have rebates and the Best Buy CEO came out and said the people who only buy things on sale or with rebates are not the customers we are looking for. And people were going crazy over that. To me, I understand I am not going to be the customer that stores are looking for. I only buy stuff on sale or when it is discounted. The stores job is to make as much profit as possible and my job is to pay as little as possible. If one way of saving dies down, you move on and find another way to save. I don't get upset about these things.

It is much smarter for stores to target their coupons to people who aren't regular customers than to just give it out equally to everyone. In fact, that is one of the things that led to the Bankruptcy of Bed, Bath, & Beyond where no one would buy anything there without their 20% off coupons. And the last few months, they even sent out $100 back in rewards along with their 20% off coupons that was available to everyone. I bought 5 baby carriages and resold them on ebay making over $100 profit on each. (They were so desperate to stay alive at the end that they sold their own gift cards at 80% off 2 weeks before they went bankrupt. After they went bankrupt, I read in some forums about people who had bought the gift cards at the 80% off and hadn't used them yet. I mean, when a company is selling their gift cards at 80% off, how could you not know that they are about to go bankrupt. I bought those gift cards at 80% off and literally went into the BBB store the next day and used them.)

In a similar vain, Staples also just revamped their rewards program and is targeting rewards out to different customers. It just makes way more sense to do it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter