Thinking we're going to switch up our vacation plans next year and go on the DVC member cruise that sets sail in August instead of going to Arizona. Gotta start racking up those DGCs but where are the sales? :sad: Not many great deals so far in 2024 I feel.
If more deals don't materialize and you don't already have a good stash, you might just settle for Target 5% or from the standard discounts elsewhere. A week or so after booking the DVC Member Cruise, you'll get a call from Member Services to complete payment. They require payment in full! That'll be just about a month from now

We demand pictures of the your new family member when she/he arrives :)
We’re picking her up next Saturday and I’ll definitely be spamming this thread with cute golden puppy pics! We were going to call her Cannoli but my 4 year old son wanted Muffin after I read him my list of names. Lol my hubs was a little disappointed but Muffie it is! Then came the reasoning with a four year old that our Muffin is not going to look like the Muffin from Bluey :crazy2:. He knew we were getting a golden. Gotta love how little kids minds work sometimes :upsidedow.
If more deals don't materialize and you don't already have a good stash, you might just settle for Target 5% or from the standard discounts elsewhere. A week or so after booking the DVC Member Cruise, you'll get a call from Member Services to complete payment. They require payment in full! That'll be just about a month from now
It’s going to hurt that they want full payment but it is what it is! I think I decided to buy enough DGCs that I feel comfortable with and put the rest on my CSP. My current stash is good enough for our stay at VDH next month.

We’re picking her up next Saturday and I’ll definitely be spamming this thread with cute golden puppy pics! We were going to call her Cannoli but my 4 year old son wanted Muffin after I read him my list of names. Lol my hubs was a little disappointed but Muffie it is! Then came the reasoning with a four year old that our Muffin is not going to look like the Muffin from Bluey :crazy2:. He knew we were getting a golden. Gotta love how little kids minds work sometimes :upsidedow.
Can’t wait!!!

I've got the Capital One Shopping browser extension installed on my Chrome browser. It wasn't intentional, but after I visited the Staples website yesterday, I left the page with the $100 Disney gift card open. Today I received an email offer for 15% rewards for purchasing this $100 gift card at staples. I jumped on it - purchased a $100 Disney, a $50 Disney, anda $20 Uber, with a Chase Ink Cash using the 10% Chase card offer.

Screenshot_2024-03-16_at_10_34_10 PM.jpg

Question from a DGC newbie....do I need to keep my used/empty giftcards once I have paid off my Disney package? If yes, do I need to bring them with me on our trip? I'll have a spreadhseet with all of the info from the cards with me, if needed. Just asking since I've read posts about accounts being locked, etc. Hoping I'm out of the woods and can ditch the cards now that I'm fully paid off :)

Thank you both. I do now remember the part about refunds going back to the cards paid with.

Also, thank you to all the regular posters on here for all the tips and tricks! Becasue of them we were able to save just over 20% on our April 2024 trip (4 nights AoA + 7 hopper plus tickets, for 4 adults/2 kids) and on hoppers to DL/CA just before xmas.

This was all new to me but I started collecting in October 2023. We dont have any credit cards that do the cash back mentioned here, or a Costco membership. Personally I found Target circle bonuses (made with the Target Circle debit) and the grocery store "buy a $50 disney gift card, get $10 free groceries" to be the most beneficial. There were days I'd go through the line 6 times with $10 of groceries, lol. Aloshe BJs rewards coupons were great, as I would otherwise buy only a few things at that store. But it is easy to tack on a $50 gift card(s) to meet a spending minimum to earn the reward, and then turn around and spend that on another GC. Anyway, thank you!

Glad so many were able to help. Not sure if you went to the main post, we actually have more information for Disney GC on Post #7 Disney Gift Cards 101

So excited for you and family! Can't wait to meet Muffin :love:

I've got the Capital One Shopping browser extension installed on my Chrome browser. It wasn't intentional, but after I visited the Staples website yesterday, I left the page with the $100 Disney gift card open. Today I received an email offer for 15% rewards for purchasing this $100 gift card at staples. I jumped on it - purchased a $100 Disney, a $50 Disney, anda $20 Uber, with a Chase Ink Cash using the 10% Chase card offer.

View attachment 842443
I'm going to try this. These DGC are shipped, correct? I didn't get the Chase Home Depot offer but I do have the Staples offer. Thanks!

Ugh. Home Depot broke my purchase up into 3 separate orders. At least the most expensive item shipped first. If I had known that I would have used different cards to pay for each thing, I have the offer on so many cards!

Has anyone bought DL tickets lately? A couple of months ago I wanted to buy some and sent all the info to my TA. I mathed it out and it's actually a better deal for me to just buy direct than to use UT or something with all the deals I've gotten with buying DCGs. My TA hasn't been able to get the tickets and they've sent info to Disney and escalated and what not. Finally today she was like, "just buy them on your own, we can't make it work." So I tried and I'm literally getting the same error: "We are temporarily unable to accept Disney Gift Card payments. Please try again later."

Ugh. Home Depot broke my purchase up into 3 separate orders. At least the most expensive item shipped first. If I had known that I would have used different cards to pay for each thing, I have the offer on so many cards!
Keep us posted, please. Between my wife and I, we have the offer on 6 cards, so I'm thinking $200 on each one and just be happy with that for now 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone tried purchasing a Disney E-card from Target recently? I have been doing this for years since the redcard gives the 5% discount, but I have tried to order one for the past two days, and after the order is submitted, a few minutes later I get an email saying the order was cancelled and the status says Cancelled, Inventory Unavailable :-( Looks like I might have to go to an actual store, but there really isnt one close by.

Keep us posted, please. Between my wife and I, we have the offer on 6 cards, so I'm thinking $200 on each one and just be happy with that for now 🤷‍♂️
I'd especially like to know if and when the Chase rewards from the Home Depot offer post for anyone. Thanks to all who are keeping us informed. Team spirit!

I didn't buy gift cards, got things like furnace filters and some bathroom items
I'd especially like to know if and when the Chase rewards from the Home Depot offer post for anyone. Thanks to all who are keeping us informed. Team spirit!
Most Chase offers have been crediting for me in a week -10 days.

Good Morning All!

Not sure if anybody's mentioned this yet or not, but I logged into my BJ's Wholesale Club account this morning and saw that they have $500 Disney GC's for $475.99 until 3/21/24 with free shipping! Comes out to a 4.802% savings, which is more than normal.

Hope this helps somebody...happy shopping! :)
So awesome, and no limits on # of cards. I'm usually too lazy or tired from work to keep tabs on this stuff unless it smacks me in the face (other than small e-ones to carry around at Epcot for food booths). But I was on the BJs website this morning and saw that the discount seemed to be bigger! I bought a big ol' stack of $500 GC to pay for my upcoming DW room-only trip and also my DL package, for which payment is due in a month. Saved almost $250!

Meijer - must clip coupon to MPerks account:

View attachment 842456
I wanted to mention that I was at a local Meijer this afternoon and saw two different service fees on the variable-load Visa cards. The cards expiring in 2030 were $5.95, and the cards expiring in 2032 were $6.95. My assumption is that once those last 2030 cards get sold, it's $6.95 from now on. So if you do this deal, take a moment to examine all the Visa cards on display--the service fee may not be identical on all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter