Update: Offer is live, digital coupon can now of added to your account.

View attachment 843406

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

View attachment 843349
  • Earn 4x Fuel on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Links Above
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards.
    • Expires 4/02/24.
To note - in case nobody saw the new T's & C's (I noticed this last night) - Amazon gift cards are now excluded.
1710938966943.png

@Shelly F - Ohio

I did list a Fair Warning which includes a link to the bankruptcy announcement. Do you have any insider info you can share?
I haven't been to the store so I'm not sure what discounts can be had or when they'll stop accepting gift cards as payment.
All the sites I’ve seen states it will be business as usual. No stores are closing.

I took the plunge and bought a $50 JoAnn gift card. It will probably be all gone in the next two weeks.

I think it’s less of a gamble than buying Visa gift cards. Right now, I’m waiting to see if Blackhawk/Visa will reimburse me for the $200 gift card I bought two weeks ago at Staples. I scanned the card to ensure no one tampered with it. But when I tried to use it, I saw someone else drained it with PayPal and eBay purchases.

All the sites I’ve seen states it will be business as usual. No stores are closing.

I took the plunge and bought a $50 JoAnn gift card. It will probably be all gone in the next two weeks.

I think it’s less of a gamble than buying Visa gift cards. Right now, I’m waiting to see if Blackhawk/Visa will reimburse me for the $200 gift card I bought two weeks ago at Staples. I scanned the card to ensure no one tampered with it. But when I tried to use it, I saw someone else drained it with PayPal and eBay purchases.
I'm sorry that you've had this issue. I have had SO many issues with people draining my gift cards before I get to use them. It's frustrating and it's not fair at all.

The last time that I had the issue was a Visa Vanilla that someone had purchased for my daughter's birthday, and mailed it from Alaska. By the time it got to us it was empty. Visa wouldn't do anything.

As soon as I purchase gift cards (Starbucks, Airbnb, etc.) I load them to my account. Immediately when I get into my car from the grocery store I load them. It's about the only thing that I can do with the exception of not purchasing them at all.

I'm sorry that you've had this issue. I have had SO many issues with people draining my gift cards before I get to use them. It's frustrating and it's not fair at all.

The last time that I had the issue was a Visa Vanilla that someone had purchased for my daughter's birthday, and mailed it from Alaska. By the time it got to us it was empty. Visa wouldn't do anything.

As soon as I purchase gift cards (Starbucks, Airbnb, etc.) I load them to my account. Immediately when I get into my car from the grocery store I load them. It's about the only thing that I can do with the exception of not purchasing them at all.
How do the cards get “drained”? (Generally, I am not looking for a tutorial, I know it happens but I can not comprehend how.)

How do the cards get “drained”? (Generally, I am not looking for a tutorial, I know it happens but I can not comprehend how.)
I honestly don't know because I'm not a thief, and I earn my money by being employed and not robbing innocent people of what's rightfully theirs. It's remarkable what people think of because they're sick minded that I never would conjur up.

I am not sure if between point A and point B there are bots or people plugging in gift card numbers, and once activiated maybe they get a ping for 1 cent or 2 cents? I would imagine it's relatively the same way that someone hacks your credit card or debit card by trying $1.00 here and .50 there, but again, I am not sure.

Maybe someone here knows or has a better answer. I am going by my experience of USPS mail gift card fraud.

Walmart is hardly worth the hassle anymore for me. My one e-gift card order keeps getting cancelled and I even contacted support and they assured me they changed something on their end to make it go through and no surprise, cancelled a third time. I order gift cards a few times a year, have Walmart+, have very regular Walmart purchases, not sure why I continue to get flagged as fraud over a $100 gift card. Sometimes I don't get flagged and sometimes I do so that's what's so annoying, it's not even consistent.

Also, late update, but after lots of pointing fingers and blaming between the local post office, Fedex, and Walmart, I did finally get a refund from Walmart for the $100 physical DGC that got lost in the mail back in January. Took multiple follow ups (chat, email, and phone) and so much time on my end to get that resolved.

If you don't get the money from Blackhawk file a dispute on the charge with your cc company against staples, they failed to deliver what they sold you.

Hahaha, sure you don't want a lucrative side hustle? Here was a great little segment @Liquidice flagged from the Today Show a few months back on just how good scammers are here

Some stores have taken to keeping VGCs behind the counter, I'm surprised they all haven't at this point.

Also, late update, but after lots of pointing fingers and blaming between the local post office, Fedex, and Walmart, I did finally get a refund from Walmart for the $100 physical DGC that got lost in the mail back in January. Took multiple follow ups (chat, email, and phone) and so much time on my end to get that resolved.
January?! A week after determining it got lost if I didn't have refund or replacement I'd have filed a dispute with my cc company. Did you file a dispute?

Before I buy any gift cards, I'll head out tonight to see what they have. There are a few prepping items I'm looking for and if I can get them on the cheap, right on!

Big Y

1710972100286.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards for $40
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Choice Let's Eat, Game & Grub, Cinemark, Dick's Sporting Good and Gap Options.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 3/21/24 - 4/03/24.

Casey's

1710972432374.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get 1,500 bonus points:
    • Includes: Choice Let’s Eat, Retail Therapy, Darden, DoorDash, Nintendo eShop, PlayStation Store, Roblox, Spotify, Uber and Xbox.
    • Limit 1 per purchase
    • Digital Coupon
    • Must load digital coupon.
    • Expires 4/02/24.

RiteAid

1710973741377.png
  • Merchandise Coupon: Spend $30 In-store or Online & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Limit 1 per transaction
    • Read the terms, excludes gift cards & the obvious.
    • Offer valid 3/24/24 – 3/30/24.
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Includes: Arby’s, Burger King and Wendy’s.
    • Limit 2.
    • Weekly ad

ShopRite

1710974852009.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Off Your Next Shopping Order
    • Includes: American Eagle, Domino's, Ruth Chris, Spafinder, Taco Bell
    • Must be one transaction.
    • Limit one per customer.
    • Coupon prints at register and must be presented to redeem $10 on your next shopping order at your local ShopRite store between the dates listed above.
    • Minimum purchase of $10 required (excludes prescription medications, gift cards, postage stamp sales, milk, cigarettes, fuel, tobacco products, and alcoholic beverages or any other items prohibited by law).
    • Ad Scan
    • Maryland: Offer valid 3/22/24 – 3/28/24.
    • Outside Maryland: Offer valid 3/24/24 – 3/30/24.

Last edited:
Southeastern Grocers: Winn-Dixie, Harveys,

Harveys & Winn-Dixie
1710975390881.png
  • Earn 4% Back on ALL 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Excludes Winn-Dixie and Harveys gift cards
    • Excludes all Visa, Mastercard & American Express gift cards, as well as reloadable & prepaid debit cards such as Netspend & Green Dot.
    • Harveys Weekly ad
    • Winn-Dixie Weekly ad
    • Expires 4/02/24.

Last edited:
Walgreens

1710976874164.png
  • Buy TWO $50 Select Gift Cards Gift Card & Get $10 Walgreens gift card
    • Includes: Google Play or Cinemark Theatres
    • Must include Walgreens gift card, check with store manager for specific design as they change.
    • Weekly ad

If you don't get the money from Blackhawk file a dispute on the charge with your cc company against staples, they failed to deliver what they sold you.

Hahaha, sure you don't want a lucrative side hustle? Here was a great little segment @Liquidice flagged from the Today Show a few months back on just how good scammers are here

Some stores have taken to keeping VGCs behind the counter, I'm surprised they all haven't at this point.

January?! A week after determining it got lost if I didn't have refund or replacement I'd have filed a dispute with my cc company. Did you file a dispute?

I know that a number of stores will ban you from shopping with them if you file a chargeback against them. So filing a chargeback should only be used as a last resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter