UPDATED.....DVC Watches! What number? Where are the 500+?

Originally posted by calypso*a*go-go
I think this is very odd as well. Could it be that there was a misunderstanding and it was intended to be 1000 total (500 men's, 500 women's)?

Either way I'm glad I was able to purchase mine!

I don't think so because the watch clearly states 0137/1000, meaning that this is number 137 out of 1000. Also, as I reported before, the CM at OKW said that they had some 700 and 900 numbers, although I do think it's odd they haven't been reported here.

I realize that there is a huge draw to this Board, but had I not basically stumbled across this board back in July, I didn't even know it existed, so I'm sure there are many others who don't know either.

I just ordered Men's # 36 as a Christmas Surprise for DH! Hope to receive it next week. I was told it was the last one at OKW. Seems they are now out of both men's and women's watches.

I can chime in with #215, ladies watch. YEA! Didn't think I would get one.

Was at Boardwalk Saturday 11/27 to buy a Men's. They had none, they called BeachClub and Wilderness Lodge, both had none. Only Ladies could be found

The HHI Mercantile had one men's watch when I was in the store on Weds but by Saturday it had been sold. They expected a new shipment this week.

I finally received my watch - Ladies #75. I was getting worried that it was lost. I ordered it 17 days ago from SSR gift shop and they mailed it to me.

So glad I got it.

OK Call me slow... but... WHERE are these watches comming from !??? It's hard enough to find a DVC Member Sticker for my car... where can I find DVC Watches?

Why isn't there an online store for all DVC Merchandise???

UGH.. Sorry.. I am grumpy, I'm back to work after a 5-day weekend...

NandP said:
OK Call me slow... but... WHERE are these watches comming from !??? It's hard enough to find a DVC Member Sticker for my car... where can I find DVC Watches?

I have seen the DVC Member stickers at most DVC resort gift shops for $6. The watches are a bit harder to find but if you call around the DVC resorts you should be able to find at least one shop that has them. We had the best luck at the Boardwalk.

I'd really like to have one of these DVC watches, but I bought a rather expensive Mickey Mouse watch at WDW last Xmas. I now wish I hadn't, becuse I'm sure when I see the DVC watch I'll like it even more, and kick myself in the butt for buying the Mickey watch. We'll be there, staying at VWL, in three weeks. If I can't find one, then I can't buy it, right? But I'd really like to see one, but then I'm afraid I'll buy it :confused: :confused: . I'm so confused!

sssteele you really aren't missing much with the DVC watch it is a plain old Fossil watch with teh DVC logo in it. I got them for my wife and I and we were terribly dissapointed in them so we sold them. BTW it is great to have found a place to talk about our DVC obsession on the net LOL.

Just to offer another opinion - we really like ours and are wearing them more often than we thought we would. We both own several other DIsney watches but the DVC watch has become both of our favorites.

Two diametrically (sp) opposed opinions. I guess now I can be ambivalent about my ambivalence. (LOL) Guess I'll just check the watch out, make a "buy or not to buy" decision, and then second guess myself, no matter which decision I make.

Ok reason we didn't like the quality of the watches we well I am a watch lover and I base my opinion on craftmanship and I own numerous watches. I have a TAG HEUER a Cartier and a Gucci to name a few. I can buy a Fossil here in Canada for under 70 bucks but I will not because I find the quality of the bracelet to be inferior to what I am used to even under the quality of an Esquire which is on the lower end coming from the Movado family. I was hoping that being a DVC liscenced product they would have used a better quality of craftmanship for the watches I was saddly not impressed it was just a run of the mill Fossil just priced at 145 dollars.The watch was very light and felt very poorly made in comparison to other brands we have and have looked at.

We just received womans 63/1000, it took two weeks in the mail, but it was in time for Christmas!!!!

DH just got #68...where have these low numbers been hiding all this time?!! I was expecting 400+

:wave:

Beca

Are they still available? The gal at OKW told me they're all gone. If so, where?

rinkwide said:
Are they still available? The gal at OKW told me they're all gone. If so, where?

The ladies' ones were at BWV last week at the "Screen Door" or whatever that place is called, and we had DH's sent to us from VB.

Good luck!!

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter