Updated: It’s all good!…LOSING IT!! MS Just CANCELLED my HHI Reservation for SPRING BREAK!!

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I am currently on hold with MS (locking up a Dec BWV reservation) and the CM told me it was my lucky day because my waitlist at HHI for 1 night came through! I had a studio for our arrival night booked, followed by 4 nights in a 1BR, so I waitlisted the first night in a 1BR. Well, she went to book the 1BR and told me that I needed to use my AKV points and I told her that I had 7 points left in my 2025 HHI UY that I wanted to borrow first to complete the reservation. She said I needed 20 points so I pointed out that I already had a studio reservation that night that would free up 10 once cancelled. She said, "Oh yeah, I guess I should cancel that first, huh?" She then told me I did not need to borrow anything because I had 25 banked points and 46 current points....uh WHAT? How did I get that many points from cancelling a 10 point reservation??? My heart sank instantly because I knew what she did...she cancelled my 4-night 1BR!! I am SICK right now as I am still on hold while she gets a supervisor to straighten this out. I booked this at 8am on the dot because it is Easter week....my daughter is a senior in high school (last one to graduate) and this is our final trip as a family....I am on the verge of vomit right now if they cannot get this straightened out. I am now sitting on a 1-night studio reservation. We cannot adjust our dates, there is no way a waitlist will come through at this point, and it's not like there is another resort they can move us to...I'm just sick....

...I'm watching my dashboard update...
...Now it shows I have a waitlist for those 4 nights and a confirmed studio for the first night...
...So she never even "filled" the 1-night waitlist and converted the studio to a 1BR....

Hopefully, it's just an "interim" step that they have to take to remedy the situation...I am still on hold:scared:

They need to institute some type of mandatory hold for so many hours after a CS does something. This happens way too much.

Also, I'm sure they're working from home so that convolutes the problem as they wait for a supervisor to be called, etc.

Take heart - I think the waitlist is part of the ‘restore’ process…my experience with the same thing was that it takes about 20 minutes for the cancelled room to show back in inventory - the waitlist is how they’ll make sure it’s reserved for you once the room becomes available.

:cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2:

She got it fixed! Almost an hour on the call...but it ended well.

I now have a 1BR for the whole trip (5 nights) at HHI...AND I have my full week booked for December at BWV!
I'm so relieved for you! I know the feeling of having a HHI reservation cancelled-it's their mistake, not yours, and it's not like they can move you to another resort. We had a similar experience once but we didn't find out until we were there, checking in. It was supposed to be a long, 10 night stay. When we were checking in, the CM said "I see we having you staying until-"and she named a date about 6 nights into our stay. I called MS right away, and the CM here insisted that WE must have cancelled it. But why would we have made airline reservations after the 10th day to go back home? Finally she said she'd listen to the recording of our call and call me back in an hour. You know how the recording says "This call may the monitored for training purposes...", it's the best thing. When she called back, she was now just so sweet to me, she'd already talked to the front desk and even though they were sold out, we were first on the wait list if there were any cancellations. And fortunately, there was-every night we had a room-once I joked that we'd just drag a mattress over to the picnic tables across from the Lodge. Although I felt bad about whatever reason someone had to cancel at the last minute, it worked out for us. We never asked why the cancellation happened, but I really feel for you. We love Hilton Head and it's so sad to lose a reservation. Now go and enjoy your trip!!!

Wow my heart just sank reading this but so glad there was a happy ending! Hope you enjoy your trip.

I think HHI has some flexibility too right now as they finish up rooms they release them. I mean I think they took too many out of circulation to give themselves flexibility with the refurb. Maybe they put you in an anticipated release room. Regardless, glad it worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter