Updating child's photo on NEXUS card

Susan2771

DIS Veteran
I did a search in the forum to see if anyone has posted any information but didn't find anything.

Has anyone with a Nexus card been able to update the photos for their children on the card? The photos on the cards for or daughters is when they were so young and definitely need updating. I have tried searching the Nexus site but no luck with the procedure. Anyone been through this yet? Thanks in advance

I don't think CBP updates photos just because the individual requests it. The pictures on the cards aren't likely used for anything. One of my children got his first Nexus when he was six months old, and only changed the photo on his renewal after five years. When you renew your membership, they will call you in for an interview if they need a new photo.

Last edited:
My son is now 21 and his Nexus photo is him at 9 or so. He has renewed twice and they never ask for him to update his photo. He gets strange looks from time to time but he has a current passport.

I don't think CBP updates photos just because the individual requests it. The pictures on the cards aren't likely used for anything. One of my children got his first Nexus when he was six months old, and only changed the photo on his renewal after five years. When you renew your membership, they will call you in for an interview if they need a new photo.
Yup - I keep getting new photos with every renewal (well, the two I've done) because I got called in for interviews both times (not because of the need for a new photo, but once I'm there they take a new one). My other family members have all had renewals without interviews (including the kids) and have never updated their photos.

We renewed Nexus for all of us, 2 adults and 3 kids. The adults just had new cards. The kids all had to be "interviewed" and have new pics taken. Odd how it's not consistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter