Upgradable Magic Bands

I just don't understand how the bands cycle through. It's there, then it's gone, then it's back again. Makes no sense.

Now the Website actually has a message Right when you go to magic bands that custom ones are unavailable

Finally got one of the premium ones today, I said I'd only bother if Spaceship Earth or BB-8 came up and Spaceship Earth was there just now.

Mind finally worked today after SEVERAL tries, my friend's still hasn't worked she going to try again tomorrow

Just ordered skins off Etsy. Not spending another moment of my energy on this after receiving an email blaming demand.

Uh, no, I specifically detailed that even when the band is available, in my cart & my credit card accepted, I am still getting an error (for over 2 weeks).

And then what? Maybe I show up at BWV on Aug 1 & half of us got grey bands anyway because you’ve sent the last of the stock to someone with a reservation in December??? I ain’t that big of a sucker.

Ya, I'm waiting on improvements and more options for my planned November trip. I'm currently trying for August. Maybe Disney shouldn't allow people to choose if their trip is more than 60 days out. I was told by a Disney staffer via twitter I should check with the front desk when I arrive. How is the front desk going to help me? I'm tired of Disney pointing fingers at other departments, with no solution.

I had a hard time trying to order two bands today, with availability coming and going. I finally got the two bands in my cart, put in the credit card number, hit the purchase button and then it said it failed. But a second later I got that email that one of the bands will ship. And my credit card was charged for one band.

ETA: I had selected an orange band for my husband months ago, and when my order messed up and only my premium band got shipped, they automatically gave my husband the orange band he had selected months ago rather than the premium band that was in my cart.

If I hadn't read about all these problems on the Dis, I would have gone crazy. Disney really screwed up this roll out. I appreciate the fact that they are offering these custom bands at a good price, but they should have been better prepared for it. And they should have put an ordering window of 60 days out, or something like that, so that people who have trips coming up have a better chance of getting a band. There used to be a 60 day window for the free Magic Bands when they first came out, so it isn't as if it would be a new thing for them.

Last edited:

I just don't understand how the bands cycle through. It's there, then it's gone, then it's back again. Makes no sense.
I think I got it figured out, it's there but as soon as you put it in your cart it triggers the make it disappear program! Easy peasy :)
Well, I was finally able to get ours ordered the other day, not all first choices, so hopefully they're making progress. On a good note, for those like me who are leaving soon, they are shipping rather quickly. We're doing a split stay and leaving early Wednesday and I feared that the bands would not arrive in time but it looks like they are supposed to get here Saturday, fingers crossed!!

I had a hard time trying to order two bands today, with availability coming and going. I finally got the two bands in my cart, put in the credit card number, hit the purchase button and then it said it failed. But a second later I got that email that one of the bands will ship. And my credit card was charged for one band. The second band, the one I ordered from my husband, seems like it might have gotten ordered, but just isn't available to ship right now. I will hold off doing anything about his band and see if it "magically" appears soon.

If you were only charged for one band, the other person will be receiving a grey band. Will need to call to see if they can adjust this, but likely they cannot.

If you were only charged for one band, the other person will be receiving a grey band. Will need to call to see if they can adjust this, but likely they cannot.
We have the option of ordering a Passholder band, too. So I will probably do that. Our trip isn't until August 24th.
I am curious to see what other styles are available. I've only seen about 15 of them.

Ya, I'm waiting on improvements and more options for my planned November trip. I'm currently trying for August. Maybe Disney shouldn't allow people to choose if their trip is more than 60 days out. I was told by a Disney staffer via twitter I should check with the front desk when I arrive. How is the front desk going to help me? I'm tired of Disney pointing fingers at other departments, with no solution.
My understanding from another poster is that if they are unable to process your order due to these issues at your front desk they will give you a slip to honour the price and let you get a MB

I have appreciated everyone's input on this thread as I have struggled to get bands, so I thought I would share my experience this morning.

DH has only wanted a red band, so that has been all set. I have had the Spaceship Earth one sitting there, ready to go, for days. DD has wanted: treats, pineapple whip, Stitch, Simba/Rafiki, or Rainbow Mickey (in that order). I have been trying to get it to go through on any of those for DAYS, many times a day.

Today there were a bunch available, so we selected treats for her, and I changed mine to pineapple whip. We went all the way through the credit card process, the accept terms process, hit submit, and only two were there: DH and mine. I got the email confirmation of the same. So I called. And waited. Talked with a CM who then had to talk to IT (over 20 more minute wait). I have two answers: 1) They are sending grey band for DD and are trying to "regenerate" her option so I can choose another one instead of being locked out of making another choice, and 2) something about our account wasn't all linked properly and that may be a whole other issue so we may not get bands at all. If that is the case, I am supposed to be getting an email about it.

Anyway, if there is anything to update you all on about it, I will. Like I said at the beginning, because everyone else has been so helpful, I thought I would share my story in case it happens to anyone else.

ETA: in MDE, they all show as grey bands right now....

I finally see the snack band and can’t get through to order it. This is so annoying

Update on the Magic Band that didn't get shipped. I had selected an orange one for my husband months ago and that is what they shipped. Maybe it was a good idea to have a free colored one chosen so that if the order messes up at least you don't get grey. :)

I was awake at 2am and checked the Disney site for a premium band for my husband - not available. An hour later at 3 am I checked again and there it was. I quickly ordered it for him before it went away again. :)

This has been the most frustrating experience EVER! I'm just going to buy one when I get there. The one I want probably isn't even going to be available, but it doesn't matter because every I get on to try and choose an upgraded one, the system NEVER works! They should have worked out the bugs or made sure they had the inventory before they rolled this out. I love Disney, but they are definitely not perfect.

Was excited to get an order processed, only to see my husband is getting his sixth green band and my premium band is not on the order. Thumbs up! (sarcasm)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter