Upgradable Magic Bands

Ok, so we received 3 grey bands (my husband's was supposed to be red, the others were snafus with the special order ones). Does anyone know which phone number I call specifically about the magic bands, or is it the general phone number? Thank you!

ETA: I called the Magic Bands # from the website, and after a loooooong time, they reset our account so we can order new ones. So if you end up with all grey, give that a try! And no, it hasn't worked for me to order new ones yet. When we try, they aren't available.

Last edited:
I've received both the bands we ordered, so its working to a certain degree.

Finally got something to work, but I'm waiting on a shipping notice. Perhaps one day the bands will just show up in the mail. Who knows, it's such a mess. Disney just points finger at each other and no one has a viable solution to your complaint.

I put in an order for the Haunted Mansion band and the Genie band. Received an email saying my order went through and the bands would be ready to pick up when we checked in for our stay at Beach Club. Well when we checked in, we received 2 gray bands. The CM at check in let us know that this keeps happening where people are expecting the special bands that they ordered but are getting plain gray bands waiting for them at check in and that there really isn't anything that they can do except to tell me to call for a refund if I was charged for the special bands.

I put in an order for the Haunted Mansion band and the Genie band. Received an email saying my order went through and the bands would be ready to pick up when we checked in for our stay at Beach Club. Well when we checked in, we received 2 gray bands. The CM at check in let us know that this keeps happening where people are expecting the special bands that they ordered but are getting plain gray bands waiting for them at check in and that there really isn't anything that they can do except to tell me to call for a refund if I was charged for the special bands.
How disappointing... sorry this happened to You.

Oh dear God... we live overseas and only get ours at the resort when we check in. we have 3 separate resort ressies, 3 sets. for 4 people. I just spend over 100 getting special bands.. I will be livid if we end up getting 12 gray bands..Especially as I was hoping to make our MB wreath complete this year!

It took a month for the upgraded band charge to actually post on my credit card. This roll out has been pretty laughable in execution.

I booked a Feb 2020 trip for the princess 5k - already got my MB in the mail 3 days after ordering (I got Disney snacks DH got plain red) I am now going to be booking with a group, not sure if I have to start a new reservation or can just modify existing. If i have to cancel does anyone know if rumors are true about being charged the difference for the upgraded MB? I didn't book to get the MB cheaper with plans to cancel (as I am sure some people are doing) I really never thought they would ship this early or that I would be changing my booking. TIA

We are coming Dec 8th and I choose the Lion King MB today but mine is saying that the bands will be available at check in at the hotel. Are they stopping shipping MB? I am certainly within my time to be shipped. If it didn't ask for a credit card does it just go into my package price or does it charge my card on file?

Are the glitches (understatement or what?!) now resolved?

I knew there had been issues; did not realise to what extent until I read this thread.

I’m never, ever normally lucky;
However; selected bands yesterday with no problems at all.
It was far more straightforward than anything I’ve ever done on mde.

I booked a Feb 2020 trip for the princess 5k - already got my MB in the mail 3 days after ordering (I got Disney snacks DH got plain red) I am now going to be booking with a group, not sure if I have to start a new reservation or can just modify existing. If i have to cancel does anyone know if rumors are true about being charged the difference for the upgraded MB? I didn't book to get the MB cheaper with plans to cancel (as I am sure some people are doing) I really never thought they would ship this early or that I would be changing my booking. TIA
Disney has officially stated that if the reservation it’s tied to is cancelled the card will be charged the full non discounted price. I haven’t seen anyone report about it first hand on these boards though...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ions-coming-soon-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

We are coming Dec 8th and I choose the Lion King MB today but mine is saying that the bands will be available at check in at the hotel. Are they stopping shipping MB? I am certainly within my time to be shipped. If it didn't ask for a credit card does it just go into my package price or does it charge my card on file?
I have the same question. Why would they not ship them if you order 45 or so days out?

If the members of my group have their own login, would each of them be able to order their magicbands from their own login?

I have the same question. Why would they not ship them if you order 45 or so days out?

I am getting tired of them having a magic band we want and get all the way to checkout where it says its out of stock but when I do get to check out it does say shipping home so I am confused by that.

If the members of my group have their own login, would each of them be able to order their magicbands from their own login?

My husband and I each have our own MDE accounts but we are able to see one another's plans. For all of our upcoming trips, where we are on the same hotel reservation, there was no way that I could find for me to order my band without choosing something for him, and vice versa.

NVM. Just answered my own question. It looks like everyone attached to the resort reservation has to order all at one time no matter who is signed on. So I guess we won't try to get the bands everyone actually was hoping for, because the chance that they'll all be available at the same time is slim and none. Or am I not understanding this crazy process?

NVM. Just answered my own question. It looks like everyone attached to the resort reservation has to order all at one time no matter who is signed on. So I guess we won't try to get the bands everyone actually was hoping for, because the chance that they'll all be available at the same time is slim and none. Or am I not understanding this crazy process?
That's right. You have to order everyone's band at the same time. I don't know how close you are to your trip date but I'm guessing that availability might get better later.

Can your group give you a few options each that way you have a better chance of grabbing a band that each person will like? Availability changes constantly if you have time before your reservation you may luck out or availability may get better.

I am getting tired of them having a magic band we want and get all the way to checkout where it says its out of stock but when I do get to check out it does say shipping home so I am confused by that.

I can't get past having the option of a certain band on the screen, when I pick it I get a message they are out of stock. I have made it to checkout twice only to be told one of the bands is out of stock. About half the times I have checked the Vacation Club band is on the list, but ALWAYS out of stock when I pick it. Confused is an understatement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter