• Port Orleans French Quarter

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Yacht or Beach Club

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glam

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm looking for input from some fellow fanatics.

We're spending 6 nights at WL starting in a few days. I recently extended our trip by 1 night and booked it at POFQ. We spent 1 night there in March following an AKL (notice a pattern here, me adding a night after I make my initial reservation...) We liked POFQ and DS, age 3 liked the pool.

This time it will just be me and DS. I'm feeling very tempted to upgrade to Yacht or Beach Club for that last night. The price difference is about $140 total. We've never stayed at the Epcot area deluxes. I'd like to try that convenience. Also, DS will probably adore Stormalong Bay, but I have some concerns about visibility with the water slide. DS will be 4 in a few months.

What would you do and why?

Also, which would be better- upgrade resort or attend the MNSSHP?

Thanks

I would stay at POFQ and attend MNSSHP. There is so much to do at Y+BC and if your only there for one night, you would probably miss out on a lot.
If you wanted to stay there in the future (for a few day or a week), I'd recommend it.

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

I would stay at POFQ and attend MNSSHP. There is so much to do at Y+BC and if your only there for one night, you would probably miss out on a lot.
If you wanted to stay there in the future (for a few day or a week), I'd recommend it.

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png
Thanks. This is a good perspective. I'm pretty sure we'll spend our week at Yacht or Beach Club next year. My DH also says no point in it for 1 night. I guess I'm in that pre-trip phase where I start rethinking all of my prior choices

I would stick with POFQ and do the party. Will you still be at WL on your party night? We've stayed at WL during both MNSSHP and MVMCP and it's so convenient!

I, personally, would be hesitant putting a 4-year old on the Flying Jib slide at BC/YC if I were there solo with a small child. In order to get to the slide, you have to leave the pool area, cross a walking path and climb a tall staircase. I used to go up with my DS when he was younger (older than 4, though, as he didn't learn to swim until he was 6) and then go down the slide right after him. The slide is quite long. I would put a floaty on him, but even then, I felt like it was a leap of faith and I just wanted to get down that slide as quickly as possible! Anyway - this is just my personal experience, but I feel like storm along bay is easier to navigate if the adults outnumber the children when they are very small.

I would definitely do the party when I was still at the WL.

I agree with others that I wouldn’t put a 4 year old on the big slide at the BC/YC. The pool at POFQ looks perfect for a 4 year old. :)

Go for POFQ, not worth doing Stormalong for one night.

I also wanted to say I have gotten into the habit of adding nights too lol. Usually at the beginning of our trip. It winds up being cheaper with the difference between airfare and adding a night! Totally valid reasoning.

I vote for POFQ and MNSSHP. We stayed at BC when my DS was 4. Pool is a lot of work with energetic kids that age. My DH would go with my DS to the slide (you have to leave the pool area and cross the public boardwalk walkway to get to the stairs). He would wait with my DS and send him ahead. I was in the main pool with DD making sure he was OK. Not very relaxing because this is not a water slide they can do on their own because of its location.

DS13 and I are staying at YC next month. As much as I love YC and the pool I couldn’t just go for one night unless you are planning to spend an entire evening and the next day at the pool to get your money’s worth. Also, with a 4 year old, I’d be nervous with the slide.

PO is probably THE best moderate. Moving to BC/YC for one night wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to deal with hassle, IMO. If you were coming from a value, maybe. I'm nit a fan of splits though tbh, so YMMV.

Thanks all for your input. It looks pretty unanimous. We'll stay put at POFQ. Good insights re: the BC/YC pool slide. Also, yes, the party would be on a night we're at Wilderness Lodge.
Thanks again!

I wouldn't go through the hassle, I'd stick with FQ - I think for a 4-year old, it's the better option.

pool slide at FQ is perfect for a 4 year old- they love it and it's the only one...YBC has 2 slides a kiddy and a big boy...big boy is a LOT of steps AND drops into pretty deep water..they have lifeguards right there but still.....
if you wantt to enjoy the epcot resorts- take a walk that way for lunch on your epcot day- try to get into Beaches and Cream or have a hot dog and funnel cake on the board walk- LOTS to do/see as a break from the hustle bustle of the park- then you can walk back into epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter